Air Fryer Grilled Strawberry Angel Food Cake is the ultimate summer dessert! Made with hand-picked strawberries and a rich angel food cake, this makes for a great summer afternoon dessert.
Everyone loves a great piece of cake. At the end of the meal, there is nothing better. Drape on some fresh summer fruit, and you have a pure piece of heaven.
Today, I made a batch for my family, using my homemade Angel Food Cake Recipe, some strawberries marinated in a sweet balsamic sauce, and tied it all together with a batch of whipped cream! Amazing!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Summer Desserts, some of my favorites are SKITTLES STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE, AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY MASCARPONE BRUSCHETTA, AIR FRYER MUG STRAWBERRY COBBLER, and INSTANT POT STRAWBERRY JAM.
Angel Food Cake
While today I used a simple angel food cake, you can easily make this recipe, but using a store-bought version, and then following the directions below. The recipe will work the same.
The key to any angel food cake is that it is fresh, light, and airy. So you do not want to get any old cake for this recipe.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Grilled Strawberry Angel Food Cake
- Angel Food Cake
- Fresh Strawberries
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Granulated Sugar
- Whipped Cream
How To Make Air Fryer Grilled Strawberry Angel Food Cake
Start by cutting the Angel Food Cake into pieces, brush on the melted butter. Leave for a couple of seconds. (This will allow for the butter to soak into the cake)
Place the cake into the Air Fryer, and air fry for 3 to 4 minutes at 380 degrees F, air fryer setting.
In a small bowl, mix the diced strawberries, balsamic vinegar, and granulated sugar.
Add a scoop of marinated strawberries on a plate.
Some Pro Tips:
- For best results allow the starwberries to marinade for abut 4 to 5 minutes.
- Make sure htat you use enough butter htat it soaks into the angel food cake, this will give your cake a lot of flavor.
- If you are on a low sugar or sugar free died, you can replace teh granulated sugar with stevia, or omit all toghter.
Some Other Angel Food Toppings:
If you do not have fresh streawbries available you can use frozen, although I would defrost tehm first.
Some otehr great toppings, that would work wonderfully on Air Fried Grilled Angel Food Cake
Grilled Angel Food Cake:
- 4 Pieces of Angel Food Cake
- 4 tablespoons melted butter (unsalted)
- 2 cups diced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Start by cutting the Angel Food Cake into pieces, brush on the melted butter. Leave for a couple of seconds. (This will allow for the butter to soak into the cake)
- Place the cake into the Air Fryer, and air fry for 3 to 4 minutes at 380 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- In a small bowl, mix the diced strawberries, balsamic vinegar, and granulated sugar.
- Add a scoop of marinated strawberries to a plate.
- Add the grilled angel food cake over the strawberries, add some whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 332mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 4g