Air Fryer Grilled Strawberry Angel Food Cake is the ultimate summer dessert! Made with hand-picked strawberries and a rich angel food cake, this makes for a great summer afternoon dessert.
Everyone loves a great piece of cake. At the end of the meal, there is nothing better. Drape on some fresh summer fruit, and you have a pure piece of heaven.
Today, I made a batch for my family, using my homemade Angel Food Cake Recipe, some strawberries marinated in a sweet balsamic sauce, and tied it all together with a batch of whipped cream! Amazing!
Suppose you are looking for even more Air Fryer Summer Desserts. In that case, my favorites are SKITTLES STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE, AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY MASCARPONE BRUSCHETTA, AIR FRYER MUG STRAWBERRY COBBLER, and INSTANT POT STRAWBERRY JAM.
Angel Food Cake
While today I used a simple angel food cake, you can easily make this recipe by using a store-bought version and following the directions below. The recipe will work the same.
The key to any angel food cake is fresh, light, and airy. So you do not want to get any old cake for this recipe.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Grilled Strawberry Angel Food Cake
- Angel Food Cake
- Fresh Strawberries
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Granulated Sugar
- Whipped Cream
How To Make Air Fryer Grilled Strawberry Angel Food Cake
Start by cutting the Angel Food Cake into pieces, and brush on the melted butter. Leave for a couple of seconds. (This will allow for the butter to soak into the cake)
Place the cake into the Air Fryer and air fry for 3 to 4 minutes at 380 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Mix the diced strawberries, balsamic vinegar, and granulated sugar in a small bowl.
Add a scoop of marinated strawberries to a plate.
Some Pro Tips:
- For best results, allow the strawberries to marinate for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Make sure that you use enough butter to soak into the angel food cake, and this will give your cake a lot of flavors.
- If you are on a low sugar or sugar-free diet, you can replace the granulated sugar with stevia or omit it altogether.
Some Other Angel Food Toppings:
You can use frozen if you do not have fresh strawberries available, although I would defrost them first.
Other great toppings would work wonderfully on Air Fried Grilled Angel Food Cake.
Don’t Forget To Pin-
Air Fryer Grilled Strawberry Angel Food Cake
Grilled Angel Food Cake:
- 4 pieces Angel Food Cake
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted butter (unsalted)
- 2 cups diced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup Vanilla Ice Cream, for serving
- Start by cutting the Angel Food Cake into pieces, brush on the melted butter. Leave for a couple of seconds. (This will allow for the butter to soak into the cake)
- Place the cake into the Air Fryer, and air fry for 3 to 4 minutes at 380 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- In a small bowl, mix the diced strawberries, balsamic vinegar, and granulated sugar.
- Add a scoop of marinated strawberries to a plate.
- Add the grilled angel food cake over the strawberries, add some whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper