In my opinion, this is the perfect dessert for the air fryer. A lot of my readers talk about making just enough dessert for them, or them and a spouse. So, when I tried this recipe, I was so excited that my kids loved it, and I vowed to make it a regular series on my website. Air Frye Mug Cake.
So, What Exactly Is A Air Fryer Mug Cake?
A Mug cake is actualy nothing more than a cake made in a mug. Traditionally they were really popular with microwave owners. But, as the world revoles they are amazingly awesome in the air fryer, and quick. Both winners in my book.
So, if you are looking for a treat for yourself or a treat for your young child, and do not feel like making an entire cake or cupcakes, this is the perfect alternative.
Today, I used a box cake mix, as I get used to the timing, but watch up, over the next week or so, I will be making homemade mug cakes, just by using stuff already in your pantry.
What Do You Need To Make A Mug Cake in the Air Fryer?
- An Air Fryer
- A Mug that you can tolerate the heat, I picked up these (affiliate link), and my kids love them, and they are really cute because they come with a little saucer.
Other Air Fryer Mug Cakes
How to Make a Vanilla Mug Cake
The procedure for all of the cake mix, mug cakes are going to be the exact same, so if you have a box of chocolate cake mix in the pantry, grab that.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
Air Fryer, The Easiest Vanilla Mug Cake
I love hearing from everyone about what interests you the most. A lot of you really want quick and easy desserts for one, so today, I show you how to make a simple mug cake, using nothing more than cake mix and some unsweetened applesauce. I topped mine off with some chocolate frosting and some rainbow sprinkles.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 6 tablespoons vanilla cake mix
- 2–3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- Optional: Frosting or whipped cream
- In an ovenproof mug, mix the cake mix and applesauce.
- Mix until there is no more dry cake mix on the bottom.
- Set into the air fryer for 5-7 minutes at 350 degree F (air fryer setting)
- Let cool before serving.
- Top with your favorite frosting or whipped cream.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!