Air Fryer Egg in Hole is an easy breakfast everyone enjoys! Fill up with toasty bread with an over easy egg right in the center.
Toad in the Hole Egg Recipe
Air Fryer Egg in Hole is the perfect summer breakfast, and it’s one of my kid’s favorite breakfast dishes!
This is a great traditional egg dish that is made with a simple piece of toast. The perfectly cooked egg in bread hole makes for a deliciously savory breakfast!
Although this egg in toast hole has several names, including Toad in the Hole Egg, it’s actually quite simple to prepare. Make it in the air fryer in minutes! It’s so good, and will soon become one of your family’s favorites.
This is a great and easy breakfast recipe. Some of my other favorite Air Fryer Egg Recipes are AIR FRYER AVOCADO TOAST WITH EGG, AIR FRYER LOADED BREAKFAST BURRITO, AIR FRYER SAUSAGE, BACON, AND EGG SANDWICH, and AIR FRYER BREAKFAST CASSEROLE.
Why You’ll Love Egg In Bread Hole
- Only 2 ingredients + salt & pepper
- Kid friendly
- Easy air fryer recipe
Air Fryer Egg in Hole
No matter which air fryer you own, with a simple use of a pan, you can make these over and over again. My kids love them!
Everyone has a different name for this egg in hole recipe! Here are a few common names for it:
- Toad In A Hole
- Frog In The Pond
- Egg In A Trash Can
- Egg In The Basket
- Egg In A Frame
- Egg In A Nest
- Egg With Hat
No matter what you call it, it’s an incredible way to start the day, if you ask me!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Egg in Hole
- Salt, Black Pepper, and Other Seasonings
- Cooking Spray
How To Make Air Fryer Egg in Hole
Step 1: Prep the bread
Spray your pan with cooking spray. Cut out the circle by using a cookie cutter or cup.
Then, place the bread into the pan.
Step 2: Air Fry Frog in a Hole
Add an egg to the hole and air fry for 6 minutes. Flip the frog in a hole and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- Any air fryer works. This recipe will work in any air fryer — basket or oven model. I have made this a few times in my Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, and even the Mealthy Lid. The recipe will work exactly the same. The time may vary by a few seconds.
- Cook to your preference. The egg is typically over easy, but you could also cook it to over medium or over hard.
- Adjust your seasonings. I love adding simple seasonings to my egg in toast hole. Additionally, you can add cheese on top of the eggs.
- Check on your eggs several times. Keeping an eye on the egg during the cooking process is important so you don’t overcook it.
- Use a cookie cutter for fun shapes. As mentioned, you can use a cookie cutter instead of a cup to cut the hole in the bread. I love the idea of using a frog-shaped cookie cutter to make a fun frog in a hole recipe!
- Switch up the bread. I typically use white bread for this egg in bread hole recipe, but you can also use wheat, rye, or your favorite variety.
Egg in Bread Hole Add-On Ideas
I kept this egg in toast hole recipe simple, but there are a ton of extras that you could add if the mood strikes. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Steamed spinach
- Smoked salmon
Storing This Toad in the Hole Egg Recipe
This dish is best served fresh. If you do end up with leftovers, try to eat them within a few hours. Otherwise, it’s better to toss. I’m not one to waste food, but the egg yolk will make the bread go soggy. Try to make only what you need!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to flip frog in a hole?
Yes, it is very important that you flip the egg in bread hole when cooking. This allows it to cook evenly on both sides. You’ll have to be pretty gentle so you don’t cause the egg yolk to leak out.
What kind of bread do you use?
Remember, it’s fine to make this toad in the hole egg recipe with any toast you like. Wheat, sourdough, white, or anything else that makes good toast will work.
Can I make this egg in toast hole on the stovetop?
Yep! Simply heat a skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium high heat. Cook until the bottom of the bread is toasted, then flip.
Can I make sheet pan egg in toast hole?
Absolutely. If you want to make egg in toast hole for a crowd, you can arrange several on a baking sheet before popping it in the oven. Bake at 400 degrees F for 7-10 minutes, or until the bread turns golden brown and the eggs are cooked.
Other Great Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes:
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST
- AIR FRYER GLAZED BISCUIT DONUTS
- EASY AIR FRYER AVOCADO TOAST WITH EGG
- AIR FRYER BACON SALTED CARAMEL DONUTS
- AIR FRYER BROWN SUGAR CANDIED BACON
- EASY AIR FRYER BREAKFAST SAUSAGES
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Egg in Hole
- 1 piece toast
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Spray your air fryer-safe pan, with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place your piece of bread, down inside your air fryer-safe pan.
- Then make a hole, with a cup or cookie cutter and remove the bread.
- Crack the egg into the hole.
- Air Fry at 330 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 6 minutes, then use a spatula and flip the egg, and air fry another 3-4 minutes.
- Air Fryer