Air Fryer Reuben Sandwich are amazing! There is nothing better for a quick lunch than this sandwich. If you are a fan of Reuben, you will absolutely love this sandwich!
This is such a leisurely lunch or dinner. Reubens are perfect in the air fryer. I had been making them for years before I purchased my first air fryer. So, it was one of my first attempts at making an Air Fryer Reuben Sandwich.
The words to describe the sandwich are juicy and delicious. Today, I used rye bread slices, with corned beef, cheese, sauerkraut, and Russian dressing—the classic Reuben sandwich.
I love a great Air Fryer Sandwich Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER TURKEY CLUB SANDWICH, AIR FRYER GRILLED CHEESE PIZZA SANDWICHES, AIR FRYER PATTY MELT, and AIR FRYER CHEESY BBQ PORK SLIDERS.
What is a Reuben Sandwich?
The reuben sandwich is prepared with corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and Russian dressing. It is usually served on either rye bread or marbled bread.
You can either make and serve this sandwich either hot or cold. I typically order one at a local deli, and it’s perfectly warmed up, and the cheese is all melty, and it’s delicious.
A classical Rueben Sandwich is typically prepared in a skillet, and then heated up until the Swiss cheese has melted. Today, we made the same sandwich, but heated it up to perfection in our Air Fryer.
What Ingredients go on a Reuben Sandwich?
- Meat: Corned beef is traditionally used, although I know a few of my readers love pastrami in the sandwich. This is found in the deli department.
- Sauerkraut: Found in the meat department or in the canned vegetable aisle. The key is to drain it before adding it to the sandwich. Otherwise you get a watery sandwich.
- Dressing: Rusian dressing is usually used by Thousand Island works well too.
- Cheese: Typically, it is Swiss cheese, which melts really well in the air fryer.
How To Make Air Fryer Reuben Sandwich
After you spread the Russian dressing on one side of the bread, add your sliced corned beef.
Then add the sauerkraut on top
Then add the cheese
Add about 2 to 3 tablespoons of Russian Dressing, then top it off with the other piece of bread, add it your Air Fryer basket, and spray it with cooking spray or brush with melted butter.
Air fryer it at 390 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 4 minutes, then flip and do another 3 minutes. (spray the other side, when you flip)
What Bread To Use:
Typically the bread that you use is either Marble or Rye bread. Although, I know that finding Marble Bread has become increasingly difficult. I purchased mine at my local grocery store.
Any good heavy bread will work, you can use pumpernickel or a good Artisan Bread. Any thicker bread would be desirable, remember the filings are very heavy.
What Meat To Use:
Although this is a typical sandwich filled with corned beef, you can also use pastrami meat.
Both are found in the deli department, if you ask for them to slice it, I would recommend that you have it sliced in about 1/8 inch pieces.
Can I cook the sandwich in a skillet?
Yes, this is a very simple sandwich that you can easily prepare in a skillet, if you do not want to use the air fryer.
Prepare as directed, and then over medium-high heat, cook until golden brown, and then flip the sandwich. Remove when both sides are golden brown.
What should I serve with Rueben sandwiches?
I love serving this with the traditional sides that you would find in any restaurant that you would order this at.
Some of my favorite Air Fryer Side Dishes are:
Other Great Air Fryer Sandwich Recipes
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS USED WHILE MAKING AIR FRYER REUBEN SANDWICH–
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
Don’t Forget To Pin,
- 1/4 cup of Russian dressing or Thousand Island Dressing
- 8 slices of rye bread
- 1 pound of corned beef, sliced
- 12 ounces of sauerkraut, drained
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter (unsalted) or cooking spray
- Start by spreading the Russian dressing on 1 piece of bread (or do all 4 at once).
- Then place the corned beef on top, place the drained sauerkraut on top, then top it off with a piece of Swiss cheese. Then add the top piece.
- Place the sandwich in the air fryer and spray the tops with cooking spray or brush with melted butter.
- Air fryer your sandwich for 4 minutes at 390 degrees F, air fryer setting, and then when it's up, flip it, spray it with cooking spray or brush with melted butter, and air fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1264Total Fat: 82gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 45gCholesterol: 278mgSodium: 4446mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 10gSugar: 14gProtein: 66g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.