There is nothing better than a turkey sandwich in air fryer. If you have been looking for a great way to use leftover turkey or want a delicious sandwich other than typical grilled cheese sandwiches, try this recipe, it’s easy, and it’s delicious!
If you have been looking for some great air fryer sandwich recipes, this is one of the best air frying your sandwich; it gives you great melted cheese without using a skillet! Easy and delicious, what can be better?
The Best Air Fryer Turkey Sandwich
If you’re looking for a quick and delicious meal that will take your taste buds on an adventure, look no further than the air fryer turkey sandwich. This simple yet satisfying sandwich has simple ingredients but packs a flavorful punch!
The juicy slices of fresh turkey, creamy cheese, crisp lettuce, and smoky bacon all come together in one incredible bite. Not only is this dish full of flavor and texture, but it’s also healthy, too – so it’s the perfect lunch or dinner choice when you don’t have much time to spend cooking! Keep reading to find out how to make this fantastic meal right in your very own kitchen.
So, if you were looking for the perfect sandwich recipe, you might want to try some of these recipes, which are amazing, and they are among my favorite air fryer recipes, Air Fryer Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, Grilled Cheese Air Fryer Sandwich, Air Fryer Monte Cristo, and Air Fyer Caprese Sandwiches.
There is nothing better than hot sandwiches, and these recipes are some of my recipes for a quick lunch or using up Thanksgiving leftovers.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Turkey Sandwich
Air fryers are becoming increasingly popular as kitchen appliances, and who can blame people? These handy machines make it easier than ever to cook your favorite meals without all the oil that comes with traditional deep-frying.
If you’ve recently purchased an air fryer, this easy recipe is for you! We’ll walk you through all of the ingredients necessary to make a delicious air-fried turkey sandwich – perfect for a quick lunch or dinner. You won’t believe how easy creating a truly mouthwatering meal is in just one simple step! So take out your air fryer, and let’s get started!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed instructions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Bread: Use your favorite bread, such as sandwich white bread, sliced sandwich bread, Ciabatta Buns, rye bread, or even sub rolls
- Deli Meat Turkey: Use your favorite deli lunch meat, sliced turkey
- Cheese: Sliced cheese, such as cheddar cheese, American cheese, or even muenster, any cheese will work.
- Toppings: Mayo, Dijon Mustard, Spinach, etc.
How To Cook Turkey Sandwich Air Fryer
Are you ready to explore a new way of cooking your favorite turkey sandwich? The air fryer is becoming an increasingly popular option for creating delicious meals with minimal effort. It uses hot air circulation to cook food quickly and evenly, making it perfect for whipping up tasty snacks and meals. This is the perfect recipe for a small air fryer, if you were looking for a recipe for dorm rooms or for college students!
Below we’ll break down the steps to creating a scrumptious turkey sandwich using your air fryer.
Step One: Assemble Your Sandwich
Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F for 3-5 minutes. While the air fryer is preheating, cut each ciabatta bun in half and spread mayonnaise and mustard on each side of each slice of bread. Place a piece of cheese and two turkey slices on each sandwich.
Place one sandwich in the air fryer basket and set the cooking time for 5 minutes at 350 degrees f; remove when golden brown.
For added flavor, add melted butter or spray with nonstick cooking spray on the outside of the bread.
Step Three: Serving
Once the sandwich is done cooking, remove it from the air fryer and place a handful of spinach on each sandwich. Serve with potato chips or another side, and enjoy!
Pro Tips For Cooking Turkey Sandwich In Air Fryer
Here are some pro tips for cooking a turkey sandwich in the air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer: Just like with any other cooking method, it’s important to preheat the air fryer before adding your sandwich. This will help ensure even cooking and prevent the bread from becoming soggy.
- Use butter or mayonnaise: Spread a thin layer of butter or mayonnaise on the outside of the bread before cooking. This will help create a crispy and golden brown crust.
- Choose the right cheese: Some cheeses melt better than others. Good options for a turkey sandwich include cheddar, Swiss, and provolone.
- Add toppings at the right time: If you’re adding vegetables or other toppings to your sandwich, make sure to add them during the last few minutes of cooking. This will ensure that they are heated through but still retain their crispness.
- Experiment with seasoning: Don’t be afraid to experiment with different seasonings and spices to add flavor to your sandwich. Garlic powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, paprika, and Italian seasoning are all good options.
Variations For Hot Turkey Sandwich
There are many variations of turkey sandwiches that you can try to add variety to your meals. Here are a few ideas for a hot lunch.:
- Turkey and cranberry: Use cranberry sauce or relish instead of mayonnaise, and add some stuffing or dressing to the sandwich for a Thanksgiving-inspired flavor.
- Turkey Club: Layer turkey, crisp bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise on three slices of toasted bread for a classic sandwich.
- Turkey and avocado: Add sliced avocado, tomato, and lettuce to the sandwich, and use a chipotle mayonnaise for a spicy twist.
- Greek-style turkey: Use sliced turkey, feta cheese, cucumber, tomato, and tzatziki sauce for a Mediterranean-inspired sandwich.
- Buffalo turkey: Toss sliced turkey in buffalo sauce and top with blue cheese dressing and celery for a spicy and tangy sandwich.
- Caprese turkey: Use sliced turkey, mozzarella cheese, tomato, basil, and balsamic glaze for a fresh and flavorful sandwich.
By trying these variations and experimenting with different toppings and condiments, you can create a range of delicious and unique turkey sandwiches that will keep your meals interesting and satisfying.
Here are some variations of turkey for a turkey sandwich:
Since turkey is the dominant flavor in this recipe, I would recommend using your favorite deli turkey meat; some options are:
Roasted turkey, Smoked turkey, Cajun-spiced turkey, Grilled turkey, Lemon herb turkey, and Jerk-spiced turkey.
Different Meats: Some other great meats would be honey ham, roast beef, or corned beef.
Different Cheeses For A Turkey Sandwich
Here are some different cheeses you can use for a turkey sandwich, remember to choose your favorite cheese or your favorite melting cheese.
Cheddar, Swiss, Provolone, Brie, Blue cheese, and Gouda are great options. Fresh cheese worked best since it melts better in the air fryer.
Different Bread For Turkey Sandwiches
Here are some different types of bread you can use for a turkey sandwich:
Sourdough, Whole wheat, Rye, Ciabatta, Pita, Croissant, and regular slices of bread work perfectly.
By trying these different types of bread and experimenting with different combinations, you can create a range of delicious and unique turkey sandwiches that will keep your meals interesting and flavorful.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Turkey Sandwich
Here are some side dishes you can serve with an air fryer turkey sandwich for an easy lunch.
- Air Fryer Homemade Potato Chips
- Salad: A side salad is a fresh and healthy side dish for a turkey sandwich.
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato French Fries
- Fresh Fruits
By trying these different side dishes and experimenting with different combinations, you can create a range of delicious and complete meal and a family favorite.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can You Put a Sandwich In An Air Fryer
Yes, you can put a sandwich in an air fryer! In fact, air fryers are a great tool for making crispy and melty sandwiches without the need for a panini press or oven.
Can I make a turkey sandwich in the air fryer?
Yes, you can make a turkey sandwich in the air fryer. It’s a quick and easy way to make a hot, crispy sandwich.
What temperature should I set the air fryer for making a turkey sandwich?
You can set the air fryer to 350°F (175°C) for making a turkey sandwich. Cook it for 3-5 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Can I use frozen turkey for making a turkey sandwich in the air fryer?
It is recommended to use cooked turkey or turkey lunch meat for making a turkey sandwich in the air fryer. Using frozen turkey may cause uneven cooking.
Can I add vegetables to my turkey sandwich when cooking it in the air fryer?
Yes, you can add vegetables like lettuce, tomato, onion, and avocado to your turkey sandwich when cooking it in the air fryer. Just be careful not to add too many ingredients that may make the sandwich soggy.
Can I use different types of cheese and bread for my turkey sandwich in the air fryer?
Yes, you can use different types of cheese and bread for your turkey sandwich in the air fryer. Experiment with different combinations to find your favorite! And don’t forget to add your favorite toppings! This sandwich makes for a great light lunch!
More Air Fryer Sandwich Recipes
- AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY MASCARPONE BRUSCHETTA
- AIR FRYER BAKED APPLES
- EASY AIR FRYER FRIED APPLE FRIES
- AIR FRYER ROASTED PEAR SALAD
- AIR FRYER BANANA CHIPS
Air Fryer Turkey Sandwich
- 4 ciabatta buns
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices deli turkey
- 2 teaspoons mayo
- 2 teaspoons mustard, yellow mustard, or Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup spinach, fresh
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F for 3-5 minutes. While the air fryer is preheating, cut each ciabatta bun in half and spread mayonnaise and mustard on each side of each slice of bread. Place a piece of cheese and two turkey slices on each sandwich.
- Place one sandwich in the air fryer basket and set the cooking time for 5 minutes at 350 degrees f; remove when golden brown.
- For added flavor, add melted butter or spray with nonstick cooking spray on the outside of the bread.
- Once the sandwich is done cooking, remove it from the air fryer and place a handful of spinach on each sandwich. Serve with potato chips or another side, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer