Air Fryer Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese is an amazing grilled cheese sandwich made with a few ingredients and plenty of diced jalapenos. It is the perfect lunch or dinner made in the air fryer.
Everyone loves Jalapeno Poppers, so I replicated the same ingredients today and created this tasty air-fried sandwich. It’s the ultimate comfort food stuffed with cream cheese, jalapeno peppers, cheese, and minced garlic. If you love Jalapeno Poppers and a Grilled Cheese Sandwich, you will love these.
Today, I added some bacon, which makes for a great sandwich; along with the other ingredients, you have a great sandwich in minutes!
Best yet, this recipe is so simple. The kids completely went nuts over it; they loved it better than my Air Fryer Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich (and they love that)!!
Why You Will Love Jalapeno Pepper Grilled Cheese
Jalapeno pepper grilled cheese is a delicious twist on the classic grilled cheese sandwich, bringing a spicy kick and extra flavor. Here are some reasons why you’ll love this delectable combination:
- Bold and Spicy Flavor: Adding jalapeno peppers gives the grilled cheese a delightful spicy kick. The heat from the jalapenos adds a new dimension of flavor that elevates the taste of the sandwich.
- Versatility: You can customize the level of spiciness by adjusting the amount of jalapeno peppers you use. Whether you prefer a mild hint of heat or a fiery kick, you can tailor the sandwich to your taste.
- Melty and Cheesy Goodness: Grilled cheese is known for its gooey, melted cheese. The combination of melted cheese and the spiciness of the jalapeno peppers creates a heavenly texture and flavor that is hard to resist.
- Easy to Make: Jalapeno pepper grilled cheese is simple and quick to prepare. It requires minimal ingredients and can be cooked in just a few minutes. It’s a satisfying option for a quick lunch or snack.
- Customizable: While jalapeno peppers and cheese are the main ingredients, you can get creative and add additional toppings or fillings to enhance the sandwich. Experiment with different types of cheese, such as cheddar, pepper jack, or mozzarella, to find your favorite combination.
- Great for Spice Lovers: Jalapeno pepper grilled cheese is a fantastic choice if you enjoy spicy food. The heat from the jalapeno peppers releases endorphins and can provide a pleasurable, spicy sensation.
- Pairing Possibilities: Jalapeno pepper grilled cheese pairs well with various accompaniments. You can enjoy it with a side of tomato soup for a classic combination or serve it with a fresh salad or pickles to balance the flavors.
- Comfort Food with a Twist: Grilled cheese sandwiches are known for their comforting nature, and adding jalapeno peppers takes it up a notch. It brings a zesty and exciting twist to a beloved comfort food.
Whether you’re a spice lover or looking to add excitement to your grilled cheese sandwich, jalapeno pepper grilled cheese offers a delightful combination of flavors and textures. It’s a versatile and easy-to-make dish that will satisfy your taste buds.
Air Fryer Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Ingredients
Do you crave cheesy, crunchy jalapeño poppers in a grilled cheese sandwich? With this air fryer Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese recipe, you can have a delicious combination of creaminess and spice without deep frying!
This unique twist on two classic recipes will transform your lunch or dinner into something special that will satisfy all of your cravings—packed with tangy jalapeno peppers, gooey cheeses, butter, and the secret ingredient for added flavor—bacon—this satisfying melt bursts with flavor. Keep reading to find out what else goes into this ooey-gooey addicting snack!
- Cream Cheese: Regular cream cheese or low-fat cream cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Bacon: Cooked, cooled, and finely diced.
- Jalapeño: Finely diced
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese or Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Butter: Use unsalted butter
How To Make Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese In Air Fryer
If you’re a fan of comforting and crispy grilled cheese sandwiches, this is the perfect recipe. Today I’m sharing my special jalapeno popper grilled cheese made in an air fryer – it’s crispy on the outside with chewy melted cheese on the inside! This delicious sandwich takes just minutes to make, so it’s great to put together when you need a quick dinner or snack. Experience all that cheesy goodness with no hassle—let’s get cooking!
Mix the cream cheese until smooth, add the garlic powder and onion powder, and mix again until combined.
Add the bacon and jalapeño and stir to combine, then stir in the cheddar cheese.
Spread the butter evenly on all of the bread slices, spread the filling on 6 of the slices on the sides that don’t have butter, and place the top slice of the bread on the sandwich.
Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray, then place the sandwiches in the basket one at a time for 2-3 minutes on each side or until light and golden.
Serve with your favorite sides, such as chips or pickles.
HOW MUCH CHEESE TO USE FOR GRILLED CHEESE
The trick to getting stuff to stay put during the cooking process, especially bread and light items is a toothpick; here, I put a toothpick in each corner of the bread. It worked wonderfully, and the result was awesome. I also lifted the grilled cheese by placing it on the trivet that I was lucky to get in my air fryer accessory kit, which meat that the mayonnaise did not stick to the air fryer basket. So, each side had a nice coating.
CAN YOU USE BUTTER TO REPLACE MAYONNAISE
Mayonnaise really gives this grilled cheese incredible flavor. But, if you prefer not, go right ahead and reach for butter or a butter replacement. Many people love the slight change in flavor the mayo gives the grilled cheese. It isn’t a huge difference, but it is delicious.
DOES GRILLED CHEESE STORE WELL
Unfortunately, no. You will find this sandwich is best served fresh and warm. Otherwise, your sandwich will lose the crispy texture you know and love from this sandwich.
I recommend making these when you want to eat them.
WHAT GOES GOOD ON GRILLED CHEESE
- Caramelized onions
- Ham, turkey, etc
- Sliced tomato
Feel free to add more layers of flavor to your grilled cheese sandwich. Get creative and enjoy a fun and delicious recipe for you to serve up your family.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A GRILLED CHEESE AND A MELT?
Grilled cheese and melts are very similar. The biggest difference is a melt tends to have other ingredients besides bread, mayo, and cheese. Melts tend to have items like tuna, other meats, etc.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH GRILLED CHEESE
- French Fries
- Fruit Salad
Do something simple or whip up your favorite side dish. Go ahead and make whatever sounds good. We tend to do like chips and a pickle, or soup.
TIPS FOR MAKING AN AIR-FRIED GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
- Make sure not to saturate bread with the mayo or toast up the way you want.
- If you are worried about the sandwich falling apart, put a toothpick or two in it to secure it.
- You can use any bread you like, from Texas toast, whole wheat, honey oat, classic white, etc.
- Make sure not to overlap the bread so you get an even cook.
- Also, use the cooking time as a guide. Depending on the bread thickness, the time can cook fast or slower than in the recipe card.
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS USED IN MY MAKING THIS RECIPE-
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
Air Fryer Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, freshly shredded
- 1/2 cup butter, salted at room temperature
- 12 slices white bread
- Mix the cream cheese until smooth, then add the garlic powder and onion powder and mix again until combined.
- Add the bacon and jalapeño and stir to combine, then finally stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Spread the butter evenly on all of the bread slices, spread the filling on 6 of the slices on the sides that don’t have butter, and place the top slice of the bread on the sandwich.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray, then place the sandwiches in the basket one at a time for 2-3 minutes on each side or until light and golden. (350 degrees F, air fryer setting).
- Serve with your favorite sides, such as chips or pickles.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray, optional
- Parchment Paper, optional
- You can store these sandwiches in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheat these sandwiches in a 350-degree oven for 3-4 minutes or until light and crispy.