This is such an easy and healthy snack; this is a foolproof method to make Air Fryer Banana Chips easy and delicious.
Banana chips make for an excellent and healthy snack, so put down the potato chips and grab some bananas, and with a few ingredients, you can have this tasty treat in minutes! The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for them to cool down, so you can start nibbling.
I used to make these in the oven for a quick and healthy lunchbox treat. But, it is so easy with the air fryer, and you don’t even have to wait for the oven to preheat. They are quick, and they are tasty.
If you were looking for other ways to use up ripe bananas, some of my favorites are Air Fryer Copycat Starbucks Banana Bread, Air Fryer Banana Walnut Muffins, and of course Air Fryer Homemade Banana Bread.
If you have never had banana chips before, they are prevalent in India or Indorisan and are prevalent street food in those countries. They are typically served with sugar or honey if you want a sweet chip, or with salt or other spices, if you want more of a traditional potato chip taste.
While these chips are usually fried, today, we used the air fryer to make a light and delicious but crunchy chip.
The next time I made these, I will probably air fry them longer and make air fryer dehydrated banana chips.
Air Fryer Banana Chips
Making these in the air fryer, I chose a basic seasoning. The key to making these is to soak them shortly in Turmeric, which will bring out the yellow color of the bananas. It also provides a great sweetness and an earthy flavor.
Ingredients Needed In Air Fryer Banana Chips:
How To Make Air Fryer Banana Chips
Start by cutting the bananas about 1/4 inch thick. In a small bowl, mix the water, salt, and turmeric powder.
Soak your bananas into the mixture for about 5 to 10 minutes.
Use a paper towel and dry off the banana chips.
Spray your basket with cooking spray, and then place your coated bananas into the air fryer basket. Spray the banana chips generously with cooking spray.
Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5 to 10 minutes.
What Should You Make Banana Chips At Home?
I used to purchase a bag for my kids at Trader Joe’s, and they were so good. They became one of our favorite summertime treats.
So, obviously it was one of the first fruits that I made in my air fryer.
They provide a tasty and healthy treat that my entire family loves. They are a great way to use up bananas that you stock up when on sale.
While store-bought and homemade banana chips look the same, they are free from any chemicals, and with the simple ingredients that we used, they are a natural, healthy, and gluten-free snack.
Can I Make Banana Chips In The Oven?
Yes, these are very simple to make in the oven. In the summer months, I used to keep snack bags ready for the kids to bring to the beach or camp. So, if you want to make large quantities, here is the best way to prepare them.
Prepare the recipe as directed in the recipe card below, but spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, and then place them into a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes. Flip them halfway during the cooking process. So, both sides get evenly cooked.
When the banana chips start to brown, remove them from the oven, and let them rest for a short time before removing them from the baking sheets.
What type of bananas do I need?
While most recipes require ripe bananas, the best bananas for banana chips are slightly unripe.
So, grab a bunch of green bananas, which will hold their shape better, for making banana chips.
Some Pro Tips:
- Use a Mandoline slicer so that all of the banana chips are equally sized, and they will cook at the same time. No need to take a few chips out and watch them. When they are equal in size, they will air-fry up at the same time.
- Add some extra salt after you spray them for some extra flavor, or add some ground cinnamon. They both make the banana chips amazing.
- I sometimes slice them lengthwise for a summer treat with ice cream and add long banana chips underneath an ice cream sundae.
Some Other Great & Easy Air Fryer Fruit Recipes-
- AIR FRYER DEHYDRATED BLUEBERRIES
- AIR FRYER FRIED APPLE FRIES
- EASY AIR FRYER APPLE FRIES
- AIR FRYER APPLE CHIPS
- AIR FRYER APPLE DUMPLINGS
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS USED IN MAKING THIS RECIPE–
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–Print
There is nothing like a healthy serving of homemade banana chips, made with such few ingredients; they make for a great and healthy snack option for the entire family.
- 4 bananas sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon water
- Start by cutting the bananas about 1/4 inch thick.
- In a small bowl, mix the water, salt, and turmeric powder.
- Soak your bananas into the mixture for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Use a paper towel and dry off the banana chips.
- Spray your basket with cooking spray, and then place your coated bananas into the air fryer basket. Spray the banana chips generously with cooking spray.
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: Air Fryer Banana Chips