Air Fryer Apple Dumplings — If you follow my blog, you know I’m a massive fan of the air fryer. It’s so easy to use, and it makes cooking healthy food fun! I wanted to share this Air Fryer Apple Dumplings recipe because it’s quick and easy enough that even novice cooks can do it with all the right ingredients.
Air Fryer Apple Dumplings are the ultimate dessert for apple lovers. You have a puff pastry shell filled with diced apples, raisins, and brown sugar. Cook these dumplings in your air fryer for a flaky tender crust and soft apple filling. A fantastic fall apple dessert to make.
My kids absolutely love these; they are so easy. My kids always request me to make them with other dough we have available. Today, I am giving you my easy, easy recipe for Air Fryer Apple Dumplings.
If you love everything apple, some of my favorite Air Fryer Dessert Recipes are AIR FRYER APPLE PIE BAKED APPLES, AIR FRYER CARAMEL APPLE HAND PIES, AIR FRYER APPLE PLUM TARTS, and AIR FRYER CARAMEL APPLE DANISH.
Air Fryer Apple Dumplings
These homemade air fryer apple dumplings are so easy to make and absolutely delicious. They are filled with apples, and today I added some raisins for an added flavor.
These are true comfort food, and I enjoy every September when I make these after a day of apple picking. Paired with a cup of hot coffee, you have the perfect breakfast or dessert.
What Are Apple Dumplings
Apple dumplings are such a popular recipe. You have a puff pastry filled with fresh-cut apples, brown sugar, raisins, and then air-fried to a golden brown texture. When you slice it, you have tender, flavorful apples. It is, in a way, similar to a mini apple pie.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Apple Dumplings
- Brown Sugar
- Puff Pastry
How To Make Air Fryer Apple Dumplings
- Peel and dice your apples. Then in a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and raisins.
- Layout your puff pastry, then in the center, add some apples and a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar/raisin mixed.
- Wrap up, and make sure you press the sides of the puff pastry. Brush the dough with melted butter (both sides), place the pastry into foil, and wrap it up.
- Set the timer for 15 minutes on 350 F, air fryer setting. When the time is up, flip it and cook for another 10 minutes.
- When cutting apples, make sure to try and get all the slices similar in size. This will give you a more consistent texture when you slice into your dumpling. Otherwise, you might find some apples can be undercooked or overcooked.
- The aluminum foil is great to help hold your dumplings together. Otherwise, you can find they come apart as they begin to cook in the air fryer. Another alternative could be toothpicks to secure the puff pastry together.
- Watch your dumplings to ensure they don’t overcook. Depending on how large or small you make the dumplings, you will find cook time varies.
- When you are cooking your dumplings, make sure that the apples don’t touch. If they do, you will get uneven cooking on your dumplings.
- Consider dicing up and adding in some pears or even cranberries to add an alternative to the flavor if you want. Get creative and try.
Want More Air Fryer Baked Goods
Elephant Ears | These elephant ears are a biscuit that is rolled out and air fried. Then you have powdered sugar and ground cinnamon coating for the perfect amount of sweetness in nibbling on.
Chocolate Lava Cake | Whip up a decadent dessert in your air fryer. A chocolate cake that when you slice into it, you will see rich chocolatey lava coming out.
Mug Cake | If you ever crave something sweet but don’t want to make a whole cake, give this mug cake recipe a go. It is a single-serve cake that is fluffy, moist, and so delicious.
What Type of Apples Should I Use For This Recipe?
I usually use whatever I have on hand. But cooking apples tend to hold their shape better. Some of my favorites are:
- Golden Delicious
- Pink Lady
ALTERNATIVES TO PUFF PASTRY FOR THIS RECIPE
If you don’t have or want to use a puff pastry, you can use a pie crust. Of course, it will alter the texture a bit of this dessert, but it will work. Just adjust the cooking time. You want your pie crust to become golden brown. Feel free to do an egg wash or even butter to help the crust become more golden if you are struggling to get it
You could even venture out and do a biscuit or crescent roll instead. It will alter the texture a bit, but it will still make a delicious dessert that you can enjoy. Another great option is to make crescent roll apple dumplings in the air fryer! So easy and fast!
Where Do You Find Puff Pastry In The Grocery Store?
The place to find puff pastry is in the frozen food aisle, usually near the frozen baked goods. If you prefer, you are more than welcome to take the time and make a homemade puff pastry for this air fryer apple recipe.
I find that the store-bought works just as well, and there isn’t much difference in flavor to a homemade puff pastry.
How Do You Thaw Puff Pastry?
Most times, you defrost puff pastry to use it. The best way to defrost puff pastry is by leaving it overnight in the refrigerator. But, if you are in a rush, leave it on the counter for about 30 minutes.
How Do You Store Apple Dumplings?
If you do not eat all of the dumplings, let them cool to room temperature and then place them into an airtight container. The apple dumplings will last about 2 to 3 days.
How Do You Core An Apple Without A Corer?
If you do not have an apple corer, use a small knife. And cut the core out, make four slices around the core, and then remove the core.
How To Bake Air Fryer Apple Dumplings:
If you want to prepare these in the oven, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, follow the directions and then bake them for 30 to 40 minutes.
You can also prepare and cook these in the Mealthy Lid. The results will be the same as a regular air fryer.
Not sure how to serve up these apple air fryer dumplings? Here are some fun ideas to dress up your apple dumplings.
- Whipped Cream
- Caramel Sauce
- Ice Cream
- Butterscotch Sauce
More Air Fryer Dessert Recipes:
Air Fryer Apple Dumplings — If you follow my blog, you know I'm a massive fan of the air fryer. It's so easy to use, and it makes cooking healthy food fun! I wanted to share this Air Fryer Apple Dumplings recipe because it's quick and easy enough that even novice cooks can do it with all the right ingredients.
- 3 large apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Peel and dice your apples
Then in a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and raisins.
Layout your puff pastry, then in the center, add some apples and a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar/raisin mixed.
Wrap up, and make sure you press the sides of the puff pastry. Brush the dough with melted butter (both sides), place the pastry into foil, and wrap it up.
Set the timer for 15 minutes on 350. When the time is up, flip it and cook for another 10 minutes.
Plate, serve, and enjoy!