Air Fryer Gingersnap Cookies — Are you looking to make a quick and easy treat for the holidays? Try making Air Fryer Gingersnap Cookies. They are delicious, fun, and easy to make! If you don’t have an air fryer yet, check out my blog post on the best air fryers that I recommend. You will love these cookies!
If you are looking for a new way to cook, try out these air fryer ginger snaps. They are so good and effortless. You need one appliance!
I love that it effortlessly cooks the cookie without using an oven or stovetop, which is perfect, especially if you are without a range. This recipe has worked for me perfectly over the years, and it will work well for you too!
And let me tell you, Air Fryer Cookies are amazing! And in minutes, you can have a perfect batch!
So good! So, the next time you want a fresh batch of cookies, reach no further; thank you, air fryer! Baking has never been so good & easy!
What Are Gingersnap Cookies?
Gingersnap cookies are a type of cookie that are made with ginger, sugar, molasses, and spices. They are crunchy on the outside but soft in the middle.
Gingersnap cookies became popular during the holidays because they have a spicy taste to them. People also like them for their rich flavor and texture. You can make gingersnaps from scratch in minutes with the air fryer!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Gingersnap Cookies
- All-Purpose Flour: You can also substitute this for gluten-free flour or prepare these cookies with 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 all-purpose flour for a denser, but a healthier cookie.
- Baking Soda
- Ground Cinnamon, Ground Ginger, Ground Cloves, and Cardamom: To really bring out the flavor of these cookies, purchase a fresh batch of spices. This will give your cookies a great aroma, and your kitchen will smell amazing while you are baking up these cookies.
- Molasses: using molasses is the trademark of these cookies’ taste and provides the iconic flavor of a gingersnap.
- Brown Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
How To Make Air Fryer Gingersnap Cookies
In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and spices mix well. Then in another, both add the butter, brown sugar, and molasses, mix well until the batter is fluffy, fold in the egg and vanilla extract. Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture.
Add about 1 1/2 tablespoon of batter to a parchment-lined air fryer basket using a cookie scoop or tablespoon. Set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove went the edges start to set. The cookies will harden as they cool down.
- Many people mistake adding too much flour when they are measuring it, but it’s easy to avoid if you have a scale. The best way for me is always with my trusty kitchen scale! If you don’t have a kitchen scale, use a knife to measure your flour perfectly.
- Gingersnaps are a classic cookie. If you want them to be even thinner or use the batter to cut out shapes, use a floured rolling pin, and roll the dough.
- Fresh spices are essential here, so make sure to use fresh herbs. It will add a lot of flavor to your dish.
- You can add 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger or even dice up candied ginger and add it to the batter for added spice.
How Much Ginger Is In A Ginger Snap?
Americans love their ginger snaps. The delicious cookies mix sugar, ginger, and spices that Americans often associate with the holidays. This recipe calls for about two teaspoons of ground ginger.
If you want even more ginger, add some diced or candied ginger into the batter.
How Long Do They Last?
Gingersnap cookies will last for about a week at room temperature when placed into an airtight container.
You can also freeze these cookies for about a month, making for a perfect make-ahead holiday treat!
Why Are Gingersnaps Called Snaps?
Gingersnaps are a perfect winter cookie. But did you know that they’re called snaps because of how loud and crunchy the cookies can be? They might not be as “snappy” as other types of gingerbread cookies, but their snap is still worth hearing!
More Air Fryer Cookie Recipes:
- AIR FRYER ITALIAN BISCOTTI
- AIR FRYER LEMON DROP COOKIES
- EASY AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY COOKIES
- AIR FRYER PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
- AIR FRYER HOMEMADE KOURABIEDES (GREEK SUGAR COOKIES)
Air Fryer Gingersnap Cookies
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, , room temperature
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and spices mix well.
- In another, both add the butter, brown sugar, and molasses, mix well until the batter is fluffy, fold in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture.
- Add about 1 1/2 tablespoon of batter to a parchment-lined air fryer basket using a cookie scoop or tablespoon.
- Set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove went the edges start to set. The cookies will harden as they cool down.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer