Air Fryer Lemon Drop Cookies — Ever since the air fryer opened up a world of cooking possibilities, I’ve loved exploring new recipes. One of my favorites is this recipe for Air Fryer Lemon Drop Cookies. They’re delicious and super easy to make!
What better way to spend a snowy day than in your kitchen with cookies? These lemon drop cookies are not only refreshing but easy to make. This recipe is perfect for the winter season when there are no fresh lemons on hand. You can also use store-bought lemon extract, or you could even substitute it with orange extract!
Is there any better snack than cookies?
I love making cookies in my air fryer; you can make them whether you have an air fryer basket or air fryer oven model. I have made these through the years in most of my Air Fryers, including the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, and Melathy Lid! With a few minor adaptions and some parchment paper, you can make hundreds of cookies!
Once you try cookies, you will be in love!
Some of my favorite Air Fryer Cookie Recipes are AIR FRYER HOMEMADE KOURABIEDES (GREEK SUGAR COOKIES), AIR FRYER PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES, AIR FRYER COPYCAT MRS. FIELDS WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES, and AIR FRYER COPYCAT DOUBLETREE COOKIES.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Lemon Drop Cookies
- Granulated Sugar
- Lemon Extract
- Lemon Zest
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Baking Powder
- All-Purpose Flour
- Powdered Sugar
- Lemon Juice
How To Make Air Fryer Lemon Drop Cookies
Start by creaming the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. This will make your cookies light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs.
Fold in the lemon extract, lemon zest, pure vanilla extract, baking powder, and flour. Mix until the dough starts to form.
Then use an ice cream scooper or a spoon and place about 1 tablespoon of dough onto a lined air fryer basket (lined with parchment paper). Set the temperature to 340 degrees F, air fryer setting for 4 to 6 minutes.
Let cool. Then make the frosting in a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar, milk, and lemon extract until smooth. Dip the cookies into the icing, and then add some sprinkles if you wish. Let set.
Tips for making lemon drop cookies
Lemon drop cookies are a classic cookie that you can whip up in no time. They’re sweet, but not too sweet with the perfect balance of tart and sweet. These cookies are great for gifting during the holidays or simply for an afternoon snack after school!
I’ve compiled some tips to help get you started on your next batch of lemon drop cookies.
- For best results, use fresh ingredients, the baking powder will rise your cookies, but you need to make sure it’s not expired.
- Keep the dough cold during the cooking process since you will need to cook the cookies in batches.
- Try to make all of the cookies about the same size, so they all cook up at about the same time.
- The cookies will harden as they cool.
- Make sure that your cookies are cool before you ice them. Otherwise, the icing will melt.
How To Store:
Cookies are a delicious treat that many people enjoy during the holidays. They can be eaten by themselves, with coffee or tea, as an after-dinner dessert, or celebrate any occasion. But how do you store cookies? Cookies are best stored in airtight containers at room temperature for up to two days. To keep them fresh longer, freeze them! You can also store your cookies in the fridge for up to two weeks and even shorter periods in the freezer if they’re vacuum-sealed tight enough.
More Air Fryer Cookie Recipes:
- AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY COOKIES
- AIR FRYER PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
- EASY AND DELICIOUS COOKIE MUG CAKE RECIPE MADE IN MINUTES
- AIR FRYER 2 INGREDIENT OREO MUG CAKE
- AIR FRYER SUGAR COOKIES
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons level baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4–5 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Start by creaming the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. This will make your cookies light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs.
- Fold in the lemon extract, lemon zest, pure vanilla extract, baking powder, and flour. Mix until the dough starts to form.
- Then use an ice cream scooper or a spoon and place about 1 tablespoon of dough onto a lined air fryer basket (lined with parchment paper). Set the temperature to 340 degrees F, air fryer setting for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Let cool. Then make the frosting in a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar, milk, and lemon extract until smooth. Dip the cookies into the icing, and then add some sprinkles if you wish. Let set.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 114mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.