Air Fryer Copycat Doubletree Cookies –The Doubletree Hotel is well known for its incredible Doubletree cookies that guests can enjoy. Instead of booking a room, make the famous oatmeal chocolate chip cookies at home in your air fryer.
Air fryer Doubletree Cookies are unique in flavor. The lemon adds a tasty and unique twist that leaves you wanting one more bite.
I love baking in the air fryer; there is nothing better and easier. My kids joke and call it my easy bake oven. But whatever you call your air fryer, you will never get better-baked goods, light, fluffy and tender. Cookies come out amazing in the air fryer.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Cookie Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER 2 INGREDIENT OREO MUG CAKE, AIR FRYER BREAKFAST COOKIES, AIR FRYER SLICE AND BAKE COOKIES, and AIR FRYER S’MORES COOKIE CUPS.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Copycat Doubletree Cookies
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon juice
- Rolled Oats
- Baking Soda
- Chocolate chips
How to Make Air Fryer Copycat Doubletree Cookies
Start by creaming your brown sugar, granulated sugar, and butter. You want it to mix for a few minutes. Then add in the vanilla, eggs, and lemon juice.
Next, mix in the dry ingredients and mix until well-formed dough. Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips.
Then with a cookie scoop, drop your cookie dough onto a parchment-lined rack—Air fry for 7 minutes or until cooked.
Remove and place on a cooling rack to cool.
Storage of Cookies
Your air-fried cookies can be stored in a bag or airtight container. The cookies will last 3-6 days. After that, you will want to toss them as the cookies will dry out.
Feel free to freeze your cookies baked or from the raw dough.
How to Freeze Raw Cookie Dough
To freeze cookie dough raw, you have 2 options. The first is to roll up the cookie dough into a log. You can then slice and drop cookie dough on the pan and bake.
The other method is to pre-scoop the cookies, and flash freeze. Then store all the chocolate chip Doubletree cookie dough in the freezer.
Then to bake, just air fry the dough the same but cook an extra minute or two. It will take just a bit longer since the dough is frozen.
Can You Freeze Doubletree Cookies
Doubletree cookies can be frozen baked as well. Just allow your cookies to fully cook—place in a freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible and freeze the cookies for 3-4 months.
Let the cookies thaw on the counter for 30 minutes or so, and then enjoy. Or warm them up in the microwave.
Tips for Making Cookies in Air Fryer
- Parchment paper is a must, or as your cookie begins to bake, it will fall through the holes.
- Leave room for cookies to spread out as they bake.
- Batch cook just as you would bake in the oven.
- Keep an eye on cookies as they could cook faster or slower than recipe card.
What if my cookies brown too fast
If your cookies are browning too fast but still doughy, place aluminum foil over the cookies like a tent. You want it loose. This will help the cookies to cook without burning the tops fully.
What does the lemon juice do for the cookies
The lemon juice in this cookie recipe helps the cookies be a bit chewier in texture with a delicious citrus kick. It’s subtle, but it truly makes you want one more bite.
Can I leave the nuts out of cookie recipe
Not a fan of nuts? Go right ahead and leave the nuts out of the cookies if you prefer. The nuts add flavor and texture but can be omitted if you prefer.
Why I recommend using a cookie scoop
If you bake often, I highly recommend investing in a cookie scoop. They are affordable and a great item to have.
Cookie scoops will help you to have a uniform cookie that bakes up nicely. This ensures all the cookies are similar in size.
If you guess the size, some cookies could overcook, and others might need a bit longer in the air fryer. So using a scoop helps for evenly baked cookies.
Want more cookie recipes
- Air fryer Lemon Cookies – A lemon cake mix cookie that is so easy to make. Minimal ingredients with a big flavor layout!
- Oatmeal Raisin Air Fryer Cookies – Here is one of my favorites. If you like oatmeal raisin cookies this recipe is a big hit in our home.
Air Fryer Copycat Doubletree Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 larfge eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 2/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, (regular or mini)semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 3/4 cups walnuts, diced
- Start by creaming your brown sugar, granulated sugar, and butter. You want it to mix for a few minutes.
- Now add in the vanilla, eggs, and lemon juice.
- Next, mix in the dry ingredients and mix until well-formed dough. Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Then with a cookie scoop, drop your cookie dough onto a parchment-lined rack. Air fry at 300 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5-7 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove and place on a cooling rack to cool.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer, Air Fryer Basket or Air Fryer Oven
- Parchment Paper
- Cooking Spray