This Air Fryer Breakfast Cookie Recipe is perfect for cooks of all levels! These air fryer breakfast cookies are easy to make, and a perfect way to start your day thanks to their wholesome ingredients.
Breakfast Cookie Recipe
This breakfast cookie recipe is filled with oats, raisins, and walnuts, so they’re sure to satisfy your hunger. Plus, they’re the perfect on-the-go breakfast when you’re in a hurry.
Air fryer protein cookies are a hearty and delicious breakfast packed with protein, making an air fryer breakfast cookie or two a very healthy option in the morning. These cookies are baked with oatmeal, bananas, dried fruit, and nuts. They are absolutely delicious, and the best part about them is that they are so healthy!
If you have been looking for more breakfast options made in the Air Fryer, this is one of my favorite Air Fryer Breakfast ideas. But a few of my favorites include Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Scones, Air Fryer Sausage Patties, and even my famous Air Fryer Pancake Recipe.
Why You Will Love Air Fryer Breakfast Cookies
- Combines the ease of a breakfast bar with the wholesome ingredients of oatmeal
- Makes a large batch for meal prepping
- Ready in less than 30 minutes
- So easy in the air fryer!
What Are Air Fryer Protein Cookies?
Air fryer protein cookies are a delightful and wholesome treat designed to be enjoyed as a convenient and nutritious morning meal. They are a cross between traditional cookies and breakfast bars, making them a portable and satisfying option for those on-the-go mornings or as a quick and delicious breakfast choice.
Unlike regular cookies that are often high in sugar and fat, this breakfast cookie recipe is made with healthier ingredients, providing a balance of nutrients to kick-start your day.
Your air fryer breakfast cookie can be customized with various flavors and mix-ins, such as chocolate chips, coconut flakes, cinnamon, or protein powder.
These cookies can be made in advance and stored for a quick breakfast or a healthy snack throughout the day. It’s no wonder that an air fryer oatmeal breakfast cookie is so popular among health-conscious individuals, busy parents, and those seeking a convenient and enjoyable breakfast solution.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Breakfast Cookies
This breakfast cookie recipe is so easy to customize! Feel free to omit or add ingredients according to your own taste, but for this exact recipe I include:
- Creamy Peanut Butter: Creamy peanut butter works better than chunky. You can also make these cookies with natural creamy butter. Just remember to stir your peanut butter well, as natural peanut butter tends to separate.
- Honey: This adds natural sweetness to the cookies!
- Pure Vanilla Extract: Make sure that you use a good quality pure vanilla extract, rather than imitations!
- Bananas: Use ripe bananas
- Quick Oats: Make sure that you use quick oats, rather than steel-cut oats.
- Dried Cranberries: This adds a lot of flavor, and you can swap this for any dried fruit.
- Raisins: Use regular or golden raisins.
- Nuts: Use walnuts, pecans, or your other favorite nut.
- Seasonings: Salt, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Nutmeg
How to Make Air Fryer Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie
Step 1: Mix Batter
Mix the bananas, quick oats, peanut butter, honey, pure vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and salt in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
Step 2: Add Mix-Ins
Once the batter is made, fold in the dried cranberries, raisins, and nuts until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
Step 3: Bake Cookies
Scoop the dough onto the tray or a lined air fryer basket. Place into the air fryer for 4-6 minutes at 330 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Let them cool before removing them from the tray, as they will firm up.
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fryer Breakfast Cookie
Breakfast cookies in the air fryer are a delightful treat that’s quick and easy to make. Here are some pro tips to ensure you get the best results:
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer briefly before adding the breakfast cookies. This helps create a consistent cooking environment and ensures even baking.
- Use Parchment Paper or Silicone Mat: Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat to prevent the cookies from sticking and to make cleanup easier.
- Keep Cookie Size Uniform: Portion the cookie dough into similar-sized pieces to ensure even cooking. This way, all the cookies will be ready at the same time.
- Leave Space Between Cookies: This helps with with air circulation and allows for even cooking.
- Check Cooking Time: Air fryer cooking times may vary depending on the model and size of the cookies. Check the cookies a few minutes before the recommended cooking time to avoid over-baking.
- Rotate the Basket: If your air fryer has uneven heat distribution, consider rotating the basket halfway through the cooking time to ensure even browning.
- Add Toppings Smartly: If your breakfast cookies have toppings like chocolate chips or dried fruit, press them gently into the cookie dough to prevent them from flying around during cooking.
- Store Properly: Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container once they are completely cool to keep them fresh for longer.
With these pro tips, you can whip up this delicious breakfast cookie recipe that’s crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Enjoy them as a quick morning treat or a delightful snack any time of the day! 🍪😋
Can I Use Store-Bought Cookie Dough to Make Breakfast Cookies in the Air Fryer?
Yes, you can use store-bought cookie dough if it’s suitable for baking. However, homemade cookie dough allows you to customize the ingredients to your preference.
Can I Freeze the Cookie Dough for Later Use?
Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough in portioned balls for future baking. Let the frozen dough balls thaw in the refrigerator before placing them in the air fryer.
How Long Do Breakfast Cookies Last Once Cooked?
Air-fried breakfast cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days. Keep them in the refrigerator for longer storage — up to a week.
Can I Make Gluten-Free or Vegan Breakfast Cookies in the Air Fryer?
Absolutely! There are plenty of gluten-free and vegan cookie recipes available. Ensure you use substitutes for ingredients like flour, butter, and eggs.
Can I Reheat Leftover Breakfast Cookies in the Air Fryer?
You can reheat your air fryer breakfast cookie in the air fryer for a few minutes at a lower temperature to restore its warmth and slight crispiness.
How Can I Prevent the Cookies from Spreading Too Much During Air Frying?
To prevent excessive spreading, make sure the cookie dough is adequately chilled before air frying. Also, avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket and ensure even spacing between cookies.
Can I Make Large-Sized Breakfast Cookies in the Air Fryer?
Yes, you can make larger cookies in the air fryer. If you’re making large air fryer protein cookies, just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure they cook through without burning.
What’s the Best Way to Add Toppings to Breakfast Cookies?
If adding toppings like chocolate chips or dried fruit, gently press them into the cookie dough before air frying to prevent them from flying around during cooking.
Can I Use Silicone Molds to Shape the Cookies in the Air Fryer?
Yes, silicone molds can be used to shape the cookies. However, place the molds on a parchment paper-lined tray to avoid drips or spillage in the air fryer.
Can I Air Fry Different Types of Breakfast Cookies Together?
Yes. Just ensure the cookies are similar in size so you don’t end up with some that are under-cooked and others that are burnt. Remember to adjust the cooking time if needed.
More Air Fryer Treats
If you loved my recipe for Air Fryer Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies, check out these recipes, which are some of my favorite Air Fryer Dessert Recipes!
- AIR FRYER S’MORES PIE FOR ONE
- AIR FRYER LINZER COOKIES
- INSTANT POT MINI BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- AIR FRYER RED VELVET DONUTS
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD
- INSTANT POT CARROT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Air Fryer Breakfast Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 medium bananas, ripe
- 2 1/4 cups quick oats
- 1/4 cup cranberries, dried
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup nuts, walnuts, pecans or other nuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Mix the bananas, quick oats, peanut butter, honey, pure vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Then fold in the dried cranberries, raisins, and nuts, and mix well, so the add-ins are well blended.
- Scoop the dough onto the tray or a lined air fryer basket (lined with parchment paper) and set it into the air fryer for 4-6 minutes at 330 degrees F, air fryer setting. Let them cool before removing them from the tray, as they will harden up.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper, optional
- Cooking Spray, optional