Air Fryer Sausage Patties — What’s better than sausage patties? Air Fryer Sausage Patties. When cooked in an air fryer, you can get a nice crispy outside with none of the oil from frying them on your stovetop! Not to mention they are much healthier and tastier for kids.
Making sausage patties in the air fryer is a great time-saver, especially when you need a quick meal, on busy mornings. This is one of my ways to make patties air fryers!
I usually am running around in the morning, like a crazed woman, trying to get the coffee done, the eggs are done, hash browns, English muffins, and a side of meat. Thanks to the air fryer, I can set the sausage patties in and forget about them. One less than for me to do on a relaxing Saturday or Sunday morning.
My kids really fell in love with making a homemade breakfast sandwich, and they always add a sausage patty in the middle, for a great and delicious protein flavor, and they love them!
If you have been looking for some Easy Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER MINI CHEESE FRITTATAS, AIR FRYER BROWN SUGAR CANDIED BACON, AIR FRYER CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST, and AIR FRYER AVOCADO TOAST WITH EGG.
Why I love making breakfast sausage in the air fryer
- You can set it and forget about it. My absolute favorite reason.
- The air fryer cooks the sausage very well.
- Quick Breakfast Option (For The Most Important Meal of The Day)
- This is a fool-proof method to get your breakfast sausage done really, really well.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Sausage Patties
While the air fryer has been around for a while, it seems to be getting more popular as people are learning how to use it. This appliance is great for making quick and easy meals with little cleanup. Today we’re going to show you how to make sausage patties in the air fryer.
For Detailed Instructions, scroll to the bottom of this post, for a printable recipe card, and the nutrition facts.
- 1 package of pork sausage patties, thawed. If you are using frozen, just add a few minutes. (raw sausage patties)
- Serve WIth: Maple Syrup
How To Make Air Fryer Breakfast Sausage
Spread them on the air fryer basket or tray, in a single layer. Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, and cooking time for 5 minutes, After 5 minutes flip the sausage patties and air fry for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Your fresh patties are done when they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. The time will depend on how thick the sausage patties are, you might need to add a few minutes to the cooking times if they are really thick. from the suggested cook times in our recipe below.
- It is really important that you do not need raw pork, as you can become ill by eating raw pork. So, for best results use a meat thermometer.
For best results, do not crowd the air fryer basket. The hot air really will cook your sausage patties well if you leave space between them.
This recipe will work with fresh turkey sausage patties, or homemade sausage patties as well
These are great for meal prep!
Clean Up: To reduce clean-up time, line your air fryer basket with parchment paper.
Air Fryer: YOu can cook these in the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, Cosori Air Fryer, or any other air fryer oven or basket style air fryer.
How To Cook Frozen Breakfast Sausage Patties In Air Fryer
While I used a package of fresh sausage patties today, you can easily adapt this recipe to air fryer frozen sausage patties. My favorites are Jimmy Dean, Banquet, Smithfield, Jone’s Dairy, Tyson’s Sausage Patties, and of course store brands.
Place the frozen sausage patties into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, flipping halfway during the cooking process.
How To Store
If You have any leftover breakfast sausage, let them cool to room temperature and then place them into an airtight container, or wrap them tightly in aluminum foil. They will last in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How To Reheat Sausage Patties In Air Fryer
If you have some refrigerator sausage patties that you would like to reheat, toss them into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, and cook time for 8-10 minutes or until they are warmed through.
Internal Temperature of Raw Sausage Patties
When cooking raw sausage patties, it is important to monitor the internal temperature in order to prevent foodborne illness. To do this, you can use a meat thermometer or an instant-read thermometer, which will allow you to quickly check the internal temperature of your patties.
In general, the optimal internal temperature for cook sausage patties is 160 degrees to-165 degrees F. This ensures that the meat is fully cooked and safe to eat, while still maintaining a juicy, tender texture. Air Fryer Pork Cooked Sausage Patties are amazing!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER MINI CHEESE FRITTATAS
- AIR FRYER BREAKFAST SAUSAGES
- CRISPY AIR FRYER BACON
- AIR FRYER BROWN SUGAR CANDIED BACON
- AIR FRYER BACON SALTED CARAMEL DONUTS
Air Fryer Sausage Patties
- 6-8 refrigerated breakfast patties
- Spread them on the air fryer basket or tray. Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes,
- After 5 minutes, flip the sausage patties and air fry for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Air Fryer