Yummy, candied bacon in the air fryer, which makes a better snack or breakfast. Dunkin Donuts has recently come up with its package of bacon. Who would of thoughts? This recipe comes pretty close.
There are a ton of ways that you can jazz up this common food, I recently started to candy them, and they are fabulous. Bacon is also low carb, so if you are on a low carb diet, you can use it in lots of recipes. I have not had any luck with any KETO sweeteners, where they do well in the air fryer, but I will keep on trying, and let you know.
For now, I am sticking with the old-fashioned sugar.
Some General Facts About Bacon, since we all love bacon,
- The meat bacon is from the pig’s belly or back, most of the bacon at the grocery stores is salt-cured.
- Americans really prefer salted pork.
- American’s actually stockpiling bacon, who would have known. It is stored in refrigerators around the country, in case of swine flu or other diseases, that would hit the pig industry.
- The salt-cured means that it was soaked in a mixture of salt, nitrates, and sugar, and smoked before you purchase it. Which is one reason why we purchase sealed packages of bacon?
- If you are looking for nitrate-free bacon, I often purchase Nitrate free bacon, at health food stores and Trader Joe’s, the package is usually marked with Nitrate Free. Nitrates have been debated for years, they are simply a chemical that is used for food preservation. They help to prevent bacteria, they also give the meat a red color.
Some Basic Tips For Air Frying Bacon-
- The best bacon is usually air-fried on a preheat air fryer. This way the minute the raw bacon hits the air fryer it starts to cook, which produces a char.
- I know bacon is amazing, but do not crowd your basket. What happens when you crowd your basket is that does not cook evenly. And you often get raws spots where the bacon was touching another piece of bacon. And no one wants that.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- If you add a couple of tablespoons of water to the bottom of the air fryer basket, you will prevent smoke that occurs, when you are air frying bacon. (Only for basket models) A really nice trick is that your piece of stale bread under the basket, after you are done air frying your bacon, simply remove the bread and dispose of the soaked piece of bread.
- At the halfway point, always flip the bacon, always use tongs.
Types Of Bacon-
There are actually several different varieties and names for bacon, they range from turkey bacon, which some die-hard bacon enthusiastic claim it is not bacon. In Italy, you purchase pancetta, and in Canada, you have Candian Bacon.
Don’t Forget To Pin–
This is such an easy recipe, but it totally transforms the bacon. This is really easy to make in my air fryer, as it has a flat tray. My kids also love it with maple brown sugar.
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (dark)
- I poured the brown sugar into a bowl, and then dropped the bacon into the bowl, used my hands to cover the bacon.
- Lay the bacon out in the air fryer.
- Place the tray into the air fryer and cook for 7 minutes at 400 degrees F. I flipped my bacon at the half waypoint.
- Then plate, serve and enjoy!