Bacon, bacon and more bacon. Everyone loves bacon. It’s one of America’s favorite foods, according to research America consumes over 600 million pounds of bacon, every year. My own kids absolutely love to eat it, they can eat an entire plate of bacon, without eating anything else, in fact, one time, my son Jason, ate an entire plate of bacon at a hotel, and that’s all, no eggs, no toast, just a plain plate of bacon. (He did finish it off with a huge glass of milk, so I guess it balances out, LOL)
There are a ton of ways that you can jazz up this common food, I recently started to candy them, and they are fabulous. Bacon is also low carb, so if you are on a low carb diet, you can use it in lots of recipes.
Here are some tips of bacon:
- Always, preheat the air fryer, bacon tends to cook better on a hot surface.
- Spread out the bacon, so it’s flat in the air fryer.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees F.
- If you add a couple of tablespoons of water to the bottom of the air fryer basket, you will prevent smoke that occurs, when you are air frying bacon.
- At the halfway point, always flip the bacon.
Fair warning though, if you are making this in the air fryer, it gets very messy, make sure you add foil on the bottom, to help catch the drippings. Otherwise, just remember to soak it before you add it to the dishwasher.
Another warning this stuff is highly addictive, it’s as sweet as candy but has the lovely sweet-savory taste that lingers in your mouth. My husband thought it looked burnt, but him being a guy still shoveled it into his mouth and his only response, as he grabbed a few more pieces for the drive to work, was boy this is good.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Instant Pot, Vortex Plus, Air Fryer (Today I made bacon in the air fryer, Omni)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Air Fryer, Maple Candied Bacon
This is really delicious and made in only a few minutes in your air fryer, it’s quick and delicious. This is a great way to cook air fryer bacon and eggs. And it’s great for any bacon in air fryer oven. And it answers the question on how to cook bacon in the air fryer oven.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound bacon, sliced
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by laying out your bacon, onto the air fryer oven tray or basket.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, maple syrup, salt, and pepper.
- Spread it over the bacon.
- Set in the oven/air fryer and set the temperature to 400 degrees F, for 7 minutes, after 4 minutes, flip the bacon and spread the maple sauce over the other side
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: Load Metrics (uses 8 credits)Keyword power air fryer oven candied bacon candied bacon in air fryer oven air fryer maple bacon power air fryer candied bacon air fryer bacon candied bacon recipe cooking bacon in cosori air fryer air fryer candied bacon recipe