These are one of the most common appetizers, you will find at swanky parties or wedding receptions.
But they are so easy to make in your air fryer, today I recreated them, and they took mere minutes.
They also make a great lunch. My kids really love eating anything on toothpicks. I guess it’s the kid in all of us. The best part about making these is that the bacon keeps the scallop really moist and delicious, you get a ton of flavor with so few ingredients.
Here are some pointers for making bacon-wrapped scallops in your air fryer,
- Slice the bacon in half, otherwise you will have too much bacon per scallop. And the ends of the bacon will not cook properly.
- Check with your air fryer manufacturer, but I always use toothpicks with my air fryer, they really help keep weigh down the food and keeps the bacon and scallop together.
- One trick I have learned along the way is that if you put a piece of bread, under your basket, while making greasy food, like bacon. It will absorb the grease, and you won’t get a lot of smoke in your kitchen. I will not discuss, if you should or shouldn’t eat it, it’s a personal preference.
- Serve with your favorite sauce, here are a few of my favorites.
Here are some other scallop recipes made with my air fryer,
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Easy Bacon Wrapped Scallops
This is a classic dish with Easy Bacon Wrapped Scallops.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 16 sea scallops
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 toothpicks
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by patting your sea scallops dry, with a paper towel.
- Cut your bacon in 1/2 (half)
- Wrap your scallop with 1/2 a piece of bacon. Secret it with a toothpick. Continue to wrap your scallops, until they are all done.
- As you prepare them, set them into the air fryer.
- Spray them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Set your air fryer to degree 370F, for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, flip and set your timer for another 5 minutes
- Check the scallops and bacon for doneness, when they are done, remove.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: frozen bacon wrapped scallops in air fryer panko scallops air fryer air fryer frozen scallops how to cook frozen scallops in air fryer how long to cook frozen bacon wrapped scallops in air fryer air fryer bacon wrapped scallops recipe how long do you air fry scallops how to cook scallops in hot air fryer