Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops. These are some of the most common appetizers, and they are so easy in the air fryer.
But they are so easy to make in your air fryer, today I recreated them, and they took mere minutes.
They also make a great lunch. My kids really love eating anything on toothpicks. I guess it’s the kid in all of us. The best part about making these is that the bacon keeps the scallop really moist and delicious. You get a ton of flavor with so few ingredients.
This is going to make an incredible appetizer recipe for the holidays! One of the best things is that the fat drips off into the air fryer basket, so you get a healthier dish!
I have to mention air fryer bacon is amazing by itself, but when you add scallops, it is amazing! If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Seafood Recipes, some of my favorites are EASY AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES, AIR FRYER SALMON WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE, AIR FRYER SEAFOOD BOIL, and AIR FRYER CRISPY SHRIMP.
There is nothing better than a scallop wrapped in a piece of bacon. The bacon keeps the scallops moist, and they air fry up beautifully.
They are so so great, tender, and delicious! There is no better way to eat scallops. They are often served as an appetizer or dinner.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Sea Scallops
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Black Pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Start by patting your sea scallops dry, with a paper towel. Cut your bacon in 1/2 (half)
Wrap your scallop with 1/2 a piece of bacon. Secret it with a toothpick. Continue to wrap your scallops, until they are all done. As you prepare them, set them into the air fryer.
Spray them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Set your air fryer to degree 370 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 10 minutes, flipping halfway.
Check the scallops and bacon for doneness, when they are done, remove them.
Some Pro Tips:
- Slice the bacon in half. Otherwise, you will have too much bacon per scallop. And the ends of the bacon will not cook properly since they will be under other bacon.
- Check with your air fryer manufacturer, but I always use toothpicks with my air fryer. They really help keep weigh down the food and keeps the bacon and scallop together.
- One trick I have learned along the way is that if you put a piece of bread under your basket while making greasy food, like bacon. It will absorb the grease, and you won’t get a lot of smoke in your kitchen. I will not discuss if you should or shouldn’t eat it. It’s a personal preference.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.
How To Buy Scallops
The best scallops for this recipe are sea scallops since they are larger than bay scallops. They are great because they hold more bacon!
When you look for them, you can either purchase fresh or frozen. If you purchase frozen, thaw them before using them in this recipe.
Some of my readers write to tell me that I should add some other stuff to this dish. Some variations would include:
- Maple Syrup, Soy Sauce, BBQ sauce
- Seasonings: Galric Powder, Onion Powder
How Do You Reheat Bacon Wrapped Scallops?
If you have any leftover scallops, place them into an airtight container, and place them into the refrigerator. They will last about 2 to 3 days.
To Reheat: Place the refrigerated scallops into a skillet, add some chicken broth or water, and saute until warmed through.
How To Cook Frozen Bacon Wrapped Scallops In The Air Fryer
IF you have a package of frozen Bacon Wrapped Scallops, you can easily make them in the air fryer.
Place them frozen into the air fryer basket, and set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, and heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until warmed through.
What Should I Serve With Scallops?
This dish is great as an appetizer or as a main course. I usually serve them at a dinner with some mashed potatoes, rice or a big salad.
This pairs amazingly with almost anything!
What Are Some Great Dips To Serve These With?
I usually serve them with a side of honey, BBQ sauce, or melted butter.
But Bacon Wrapped Scallops pair so well with other sauces, some of my favorites are (affiliate links included):
Don’t Forget to Pin-
- 16 sea scallops
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 toothpicks
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by patting your sea scallops dry with a paper towel.
- Cut your bacon in 1/2 (half)
- Wrap your scallop with 1/2 a piece of bacon. Secret it with a toothpick. Continue to wrap your scallops until they are all done.
- As you prepare them, set them into the air fryer.
- Spray them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Set your air fryer to degree 370F. Air fryer setting, for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, flip and set your timer for another 5 minutes.
- Check the scallops and bacon for doneness. When they are done, remove them.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 539mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 12g