Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops are tender, delicious, and the perfect balance of sweet and salty. Enjoy this simple dish as an appetizer or a meal!
Bacon wrapped scallops are a popular appetizer, and they are so easy to make in the air fryer! Serve them for holidays, special occasions, or simple family gatherings.
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops also make a great lunch — my kids really love eating anything on toothpicks. The bacon keeps the scallop really moist and delicious. You get a ton of flavor with just a few ingredients.
I have to mention — air fryer bacon is amazing by itself, but when you add scallops, it is out of this world! If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Seafood Recipes, some of my favorites are EASY AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES, AIR FRYER SALMON WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE, AIR FRYER SEAFOOD BOIL, and AIR FRYER CRISPY SHRIMP.
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops
There is nothing better than a scallop wrapped in a piece of bacon. Crispy on the outside and tender in the center, you can cook bacon wrapped sea scallops in the air fryer in mere minutes!
Even better, the fat drips off into the air fryer basket so you get a healthier dish. Just one more reason to love this handy appliance.
Why You’ll Love Scallops With Bacon
- Easy to make
- Ready in 20 minutes
- Light, yet filling
- Just 2 ingredients (plus oil and salt)
Ingredients Needed For Bacon Wrapped Sea Scallops
- Sea Scallops
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Black Pepper
Make sure to have some toothpicks on hand as well! Soak them in water so they don’t catch fire in the air fryer, then use them to hold scallops with bacon together.
How To Buy Scallops
The best scallops for this recipe are sea scallops since they are larger than bay scallops. They are also great because they hold more bacon!
You can purchase either fresh or frozen. Fresh sea scallops should not be slimy or have a bad odor. Opt for dry-packed varieties, which will give you more bang for your buck, and be sure that they are evenly sized and firm.
If you purchase frozen, thaw them completely in the refrigerator before using them in this recipe.
How To Make Bacon Wrapped Scallops In Air Fryer
Step 1: Prep the ingredients
Start by patting your sea scallops dry with a paper towel. Cut bacon strips in half.
Wrap your scallops with bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place bacon wrapped scallops in air fryer as you assemble them, then spray with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Step 2: Cook
Air fry bacon wrapped sea scallops at 370 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 10 minutes, flipping halfway.
When done, the bacon should be browned and light crisp and the scallops should be firm but soft. Remove and serve immediately.
- Slice the bacon in half. Otherwise, you will have too much bacon per scallop. Also, the ends of the bacon will not cook properly since they will be tucked under another layer.
- Check with your air fryer manufacturer. I always use toothpicks with my air fryer — they really help to keep the scallops with bacon together. However, not all models will allow this, so it’s best to double check.
- Avoid a greasy mess. One trick I have learned along the way is to put a piece of bread under the basket while making greasy food (like bacon). It will absorb the grease, and you won’t get a lot of smoke in your kitchen.
- Try different flavors. Brush some maple syrup, soy sauce, or BBQ sauce over your scallops before cooking. You can also season with garlic powder, onion powder, or dried herbs.
What Goes Well With Bacon Wrapped Scallops?
This dish is great as an appetizer or as a main course. I usually serve them for dinner with some mashed potatoes, rice, or a big salad. Honestly, air fryer bacon wrapped scallops pair amazingly with almost anything!
And don’t forget a dip! I usually serve them with a side of honey, BBQ sauce, or melted butter. Some of my other favorite sauces include:
How Do You Reheat Bacon Wrapped Sea Scallops?
If you have any leftover scallops, place them into an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator. They will last about 2 to 3 days.
To Reheat: Place bacon wrapped scallops in air fryer and cook for 2-3 minutes at 370 degrees F, or until warmed through.
Can You Cook Frozen Bacon Wrapped Scallops In The Air Fryer?
If you have a package of ready-made frozen Bacon Wrapped Scallops, you can easily make them in the air fryer.
Place them frozen (not thawed) into the air fryer basket and set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting. Heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until warmed through.
However, do not try to make this recipe with frozen seafood. The scallops need to be thawed first, or the bacon will burn before the scallops are cooked through.
More Bacon Wrapped Recipes:
- AIR FRYER BACON AND CRAB ROLLS
- AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED PEACHES
- AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED MEATLOAF
- AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED DATES
- AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED POTATOES
- AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED PINEAPPLE
Don’t Forget to Pin-
AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS
- 16 sea scallops
- 8 slices bacon
- olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Start by patting your sea scallops dry with a paper towel.
- Cut your bacon in 1/2 (half).
- Wrap your scallop with 1/2 a piece of bacon. Secret it with a toothpick. Continue to wrap your scallops until they are all done.
- As you prepare them, set them into the air fryer.
- Spray them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Set your air fryer to degree 370F. Air fryer setting, for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, flip and set your timer for another 5 minutes.
- Check the scallops and bacon for doneness. When they are done, remove them.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer