This was one of my first recipes for shrimp, it was so, so good, I got hooked to my air fryer. Now, this has become a weekly meal at our house. So, here is my easy recipe for Air Fryer Easiest Breaded Shrimp. My kids call this popcorn shrimp, whatever you call it, it is delicious when prepared in the air fryer.
This is a great recipe for crispy fried shrimp, which is done in less than 15 minutes from start to finish.
The Ingredients Used in Today’s Recipe–
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Fresh Ginger
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
The Simple Steps,
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting. If you do not have a preheat button, simply turn your air fryer on for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Then in one bowl, beat the eggs,
- In another bowl add the panko, onions, and spices
- Then dip the shrimp in the eggs, shaking off the excess egg.
- Then dredge into the panko breadcrumb mixture.
- In order to get them crispy, spray the panko bread crumb mixture with olive oil.
- Air fry for 5 minutes, then flip (spray again) and air fry for another 5 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
What Type of Shrimp Should I Use?
When you go through a grocery store, there are so many shrimp choices. I typically purchase IQF (which means that it was individually frozen), with the heads already removed, but the peel still on.
Choosing The Size of the Shrimp:
All shrimp are measured by the number of shrimp it would take to make up one pound.
SmalL: 51 or greater
Medium: 36 to 50
Large: 26 to 40
Jumbo: 16 to 25
Colossal: Fewer than 15
Some Questions To Common Questions Asked, About This Recipe:
How Long Do YOu Cook Frozen Breaded Shrimp in an Air Fryer? How Long Do You Air Fry Seapack Shrimp?
To cook frozen shrimp, preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F, and air fry for about 7 minutes.
How To Thaw Frozen Shrimp.
This recipe uses thawed shrimp there are two ways to thaw shrimp, the first is to simply take it out in the morning and place it in the refrigerator. The second way is to put the frozen shrimp in a bowl of water.
Some Tips on How To Make Breaded Shrimp in the Air Fryer:
- The shrimp is best served warm.
- I usually serve this shrimp with cocktail sauce, my kids love them with marinara sauce and my husband likes it with lemon juice.
- I like to leave the tails on, because they are easier for everyone to eat, especially if you are serving them as an appetizer.
Some Tips on How To Store Leftovers:
If you have any leftovers simply let them cool down to room temperature, and then place them in an airtight container. They will keep for about 3 to 4 days.
To reheat in the air fryer, simply give them a spray of olive oil, and then air fry for about 2-4 minutes, at 330 degrees F.
Some Other Great Air Fryer Seafood Recipes–
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS USED IN MAKING SHRIMP,
Don’t’ Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Easiest Breaded Shrimp
These are a great and tasty meal or a quick appetizer or lunch for the entire family. Everyone loves these!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of panko
- 1/2 cup of onion, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Then in one bowl, beat the eggs, in another bowl add the panko, onions, and spices
- Then dip the shrimp in the eggs, then the panko bowl
- Air fry for 5 minutes, then flip and then air fryer for another 5 minutes
Keywords: how to cook frozen breaded shrimp in air fryer air fryer shrimp no breading cooking frozen breaded shrimp in air fryer air fryer shrimp old bay air fryer shrimp keto how long to cook frozen shrimp in air fryer air fryer shrimp scampi ninja foodi air fryer shrimp