Air fryer turkey bacon is a low-fat alternative to traditional pork bacon! Enjoy crispy turkey bacon strips with breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Bacon in the air fryer is amazing, whether it’s turkey or it’s pork. Everyone loves crispy turkey bacon, and I will tell you how to make it perfect every time.
If you are looking for other Weight Watcher Breakfast Recipes, here are some of my favorites: AIR FRYER 2 INGREDIENT WEIGHT WATCHER FRIENDLY BAGELS, AIR FRYER RED POTATO RECIPE, EASY AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHER CINNAMON RAISIN BAGEL RECIPE, and AIR FRYER KIWI CHIPS.
Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
Today, I made a batch of turkey bacon in the air fryer, and it turned out amazing! I know that there are many, many debates about turkey bacon — that it’s not really bacon or that it doesn’t taste as good. But, I’m here to tell you that you can really elevate it to another level when you use the air fryer!
The real tip when you air fry turkey bacon (or any bacon!) is to preheat the air fryer. If you don’t have a preheat setting, simply set the temperature to whatever is called for in the recipe and let the air fryer run for about 5-7 minutes before adding your food.
This way, you have delicious and perfectly crispy turkey bacon!
Why You’ll Love This Turkey Bacon Air Fryer Recipe
- Use your favorite brand
- Crispy strips in minutes
- Perfect for family breakfast
- Healthier than pork bacon
- Weight Watchers friendly
Ingredients Needed To Air Fry Turkey Bacon
You only need one ingredient to air fry turkey bacon — want to guess?
I usually grab a few packages of turkey bacon at Trader Joe’s, but you can often find it at Costco or your local grocery store.
You will find turkey bacon right next to the regular bacon in the deli case. The major companies that sell Turkey Bacon are:
How To Make Turkey Bacon In Air Fryer
Step 1: Slice strips in half
This will allow you to fit the slices of turkey bacon in the air fryer. Then, preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F (air fryer setting).
Since the turkey bacon does not shrink during the cooking process, you will need to make several batches to cook an entire package.
Step 2: Cook turkey bacon in air fryer
Add the strips to the basket, leaving space around each one to get perfectly crispy turkey bacon.
Set your timer for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip over the bacon and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Adjust the time. The exact time will depend on the air fryer you own and how crispy you like your bacon. A good rule of thumb is about 9 minutes, plus or minus 1 minute.
- Make batches. Hot air needs to circulate around the food for crispy results. Repeat this turkey bacon air fryer recipe as many times as needed until all of the strips are cooked.
- Cured or uncured? The difference between cured and uncured is the use of sodium nitrates. Uncured turkey bacon will be labeled as such, meaning no nitrates have been added to the meat. When cured, sodium nitrates are added to bacon to help preserve the shelf life and give the strips their iconic color.
Storage and Reheating
Because you can make as much or as little air fryer turkey bacon as you like, there’s really no need for leftovers.
However, any strips you don’t eat can be kept in an airtight container. They will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat in the air fryer for 2 to 3 minutes to get them hot and crispy again!
What Is Turkey Bacon Really Made Of?
Turkey bacon is a healthier alternative to traditional pork bacon. Ground light and dark turkey meat is mixed with seasonings and pressed into long thin strips to look like bacon.
Crispy turkey bacon is a great Weight Watchers food item. Since it’s made with smoked turkey, it is much lower in fat and calories than the pork alternative. And because this turkey bacon air fryer recipe doesn’t use extra oil, it’s even healthier!
Is Air Fried Turkey Bacon Healthy?
Yes, it’s very healthy; there are so much less fat and calories in turkey bacon. This is why it makes great low-calorie food.
If you are watching your cholesterol or are on a heart-healthy diet, air fryer turkey bacon is the perfect substitute for you.
How Many Points Are In Turkey Bacon?
The average calories are 30 calories per 1 slice of air fryer turkey bacon. But please check your package for the exact calorie count.
There is also about 1 Smart Point per turkey bacon point; this includes the following plans:
- Green Plan
- Blue Plan
- SmartPoints (Purple Plan)
- Points Plus
Some Other Air Fryer Weight Watcher Recipes
- AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHERS STUFFED JALAPENOS
- AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHER GRILLED CHEESE
- AIR FRYER TURKEY MEATBALLS
- AIR FRYER NAKED CHICKEN TENDERS
- 2 INGREDIENT AIR FRYER PIZZA
Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
- 1 package turkey bacon, uncured
- Start by preheating the air fryer to 350 degrees F. (for 5-7 minutes) air fryer setting.
- Slice your bacon in half, so the slices fit in the air fryer basket.
- Place the bacon slices into the air fryer basket.
- Set your timer for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip over the bacon and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer