Bacon, bacon and more bacon. Everyone loves bacon. It’s one of America’s favorite foods, according to research America consumes over 600 million pounds of bacon, every year. My own kids absolutely love to eat it, they can eat an entire plate of bacon, without eating anything else, in fact, one time, my son Jason, ate an entire plate of bacon at a hotel, and that’s all, no eggs, no toast, just a plain plate of bacon. (He did finish it off with a huge glass of milk, so I guess it balances out, LOL)
There are a ton of ways that you can jazz up this common food, I recently started to candy them, and they are fabulous. Bacon is also low carb, so if you are on a low carb diet, you can use it in lots of recipes.
Here are some tips of bacon:
- Always, preheat the air fryer, bacon tends to cook better on a hot surface.
- Spread out the bacon, so it’s flat in the air fryer.
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees F., or 175 degrees C.
- If you add a couple of tablespoons to the bottom of the air fryer basket, you will prevent smoke that occurs, when you are air frying bacon.
- At the halfway point, always flip the bacon.
Fair warning though, if you are making this in the air fryer, it gets very messy, make sure you add foil on the bottom, to help catch the drippings. Otherwise, just remember to soak it before you add it to the dishwasher.
Another warning this stuff is highly addictive, it’s as sweet as candy but has the lovely sweet-savory taste that lingers in your mouth. My husband thought it looked burnt, but him being a guy still shoveled it into his mouth and his only response, as he grabbed a few more pieces for the drive to work, was boy this is good.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Maple and Brown Sugar Bacon
This is a great way to serve bacon to the family, it has a great sweet taste, adn my kids can gobble the entire plate up in seconds. #familyfavorite #kid-friendly
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Pork
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 6 strips bacon
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Start by lining the bottom of your air fryer with aluminum foil.
- Then cut your bacon into strips that fit in the air fryer basket (on top of the foil)
- Then in a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Spread over the bacon strips.
- Set the temperature for 360 degrees F, and the time for 7 minutes, after 7 minutes flip, for another 7 minutes.
- Remove from air fryer, plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: power air fryer oven candied bacon power air fryer candied bacon candied bacon in air fryer oven air fryer bacon reheat bacon in air fryer air fryer bacon appetizers candied bacon recipe gourmia air fryer bacon