Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts And Bacon — Nothing is better than a bowl of Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts And Bacon! It is so good! The air fryer is the perfect way to cook these to absolute perfection perfectly!
If you have not used the Air Fryer to roast vegetables, let me tell you they are so good! They are so tender, crispy, and delicious! So much better and faster than roasting them in a traditional oven.
Today, I added bacon, which is so crispy in the Air Fryer! The bacon fat gives the Brussels Sprouts many flavors, and you end up with a rich and delicious palate of Brussels Sprouts!
So much so that my 16-year-old asked when I would make them again! Talk about that for a compliment!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI BROWNIES, AIR FRYER SEAFOOD BOIL, CRISPY AIR FRYER EGGPLANT PARMESAN, and AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHERS ASPARAGUS.
Air Fryer Crispy Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
If you thought Brussels sprouts were just a bland, boring side dish, prepare to be amazed. They are introducing our Air Fryer Crispy Brussels Sprouts & Bacon—a dish that turns these nutrient-rich veggies into a crispy, savory, and irresistibly delicious treat. Using the air fryer ensures your Brussels sprouts achieve a delightful, roasted crispiness while adding bacon provides a beautiful smoky flavor.
This is a side dish that’s easy to make and guaranteed to win over even the most stubborn Brussels sprouts skeptics. Whether you need a quick appetizer, a side for your main dish, or a healthy snack, this Air Fryer Crispy Brussels Sprouts & Bacon recipe will soon become a favorite.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts And Bacon
Making Brussels sprouts has never been easier than with the air fryer! Crispy, delicious and oh-so-easy, this air fryer dish of Brussels sprouts and bacon will become a new family favorite in no time.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a flavorful meal that pleases everyone at the table. Read on to learn how to make your own version of this scrumptious entree using an air fryer!
Remember the step-by-step instructions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe cars, as well as the nutritional information.
- Brussels Sprouts: Wwashed, trimmed, and halved. This is the star ingredient that provides plenty of fiber and nutrients.
- Bacon: Cut into small pieces. Choose a quality brand for the best flavor. You can use turkey bacon for a leaner option.
- Minced Garlic: 2 cloves or one teaspoon if using pre-minced garlic. Garlic will add an excellent aromatic depth to the dish.
- Honey: Honey will give a sweet touch to balance the savory flavors.
- Olive Oil: Choose high-quality extra virgin olive oil for the best flavor. This will help the Brussels sprouts crisp up in the air fryer.
- Salt: Salt is essential for bringing out the flavors of the other ingredients.
- Black Pepper: A sprinkle of black pepper will kick the dish slightly spicy.
How to Make Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts With Bacon
Air fryer Brussels sprouts and bacon is a delicious side dish that will make your taste buds jump for joy! You can assemble this savory meal quickly with just a few ingredients and minimal prep time. It has excellent flavor and provides plenty of health benefits from the vegetables and protein – so it’s ideal for any health-conscious individual or family.
Its simplicity means even novice cooks can master their air frying technique with this recipe! Read on to discover how easy it is to make these flavorful Brussels sprouts and bacon bites – they’re sure to be one of your go-to meals in no time at all.
Step One: Prepare The Brussels Sprouts
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F | 200 C and place a parchment paper in the basket.
Halve the Brussels sprouts and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add bacon, garlic, honey, oil, salt, and pepper to the bowl and toss.
Step Two: Air Fry
Place everything in the air fryer basket and set the cooking time for 18-20 minutes while stirring halfway through.
Flavor Variations & Topping Ideas
Your Air Fryer Crispy Brussels Sprouts & Bacon dish can be enhanced further with various flavor variations and toppings. Here are a few ideas:
- Cheesy Brussels Sprouts: Add a sprinkle of Parmesan or your favorite cheese after cooking. Return the sprouts to the air fryer for a minute or two until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Spicy Brussels Sprouts: If you enjoy a bit of heat, toss the Brussels sprouts with a dash of crushed red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper before cooking.
- Balsamic Brussels Sprouts: Drizzle the cooked Brussels sprouts with high-quality balsamic reduction for a tangy, sweet twist.
- Herbed Brussels Sprouts: Mix in some dried herbs like rosemary or thyme or fresh herbs like parsley or dill before air frying.
- Garlic and Lemon Zest: Mix in additional minced garlic for a more robust garlic flavor and some lemon zest for a burst of freshness.
- Nuts or Seeds: Add a crunch to your dish by sprinkling some roasted pine nuts, slivered almonds, or pumpkin seeds on top.
- Crispy Onions: Top your cooked Brussels sprouts with some crispy fried onions for an added texture and flavor contrast.
- Remember, the best part of cooking is making the dish your own, so feel free to experiment with these variations and find your personal favorite combination. Enjoy your meal!
Pro Tips For Air Fryer Crispy Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
Making the perfect Air Fryer Crispy Brussels Sprouts & Bacon takes a bit of technique. Here are some pro tips to ensure you achieve the best results:
- Choose the Right Brussels Sprouts: Opt for fresh, bright green Brussels sprouts that are firm to the touch. They are likely past their prime if they look yellow or feel soft.
- Prep Your Brussels Sprouts Correctly: Trim off the tough ends and remove any outer leaves that are loose or discolored before halving them. This will ensure even cooking.
- Don’t Overcrowd the Air Fryer: Brussels sprouts need space to circulate air around them for the best results. Cook in batches if necessary to avoid overcrowding the basket.
- Shake the Basket: To ensure even cooking, pause the air fryer halfway through the cooking time and give the basket a good shake.
- Monitor the Cook Time: Monitor the Brussels sprouts as they cook. Smaller sprouts may cook faster, while larger ones may need a bit more time.
- Adjust Seasonings to Taste: While the recommended amounts of salt, pepper, and garlic should work for most, don’t hesitate to adjust these to suit your preference.
- Serve Immediately: Air fryer Brussels sprouts are best enjoyed immediately after cooking while they are still crispy and warm.
By following these tips, you can create a delicious and nutritious side dish that will surely impress.
Can I use frozen Brussels sprouts? Yes, you can use frozen Brussels sprouts. However, it’s important to note that they might not get as crispy as fresh ones. You’ll also need to adjust the cooking time as frozen sprouts may take longer to cook.
Can I make this recipe vegetarian or vegan? Yes, you can omit the bacon for a vegetarian version. For a vegan version, skip the bacon and use maple syrup instead of honey.
What can I serve with these Brussels sprouts? These Brussels sprouts make a great side dish for almost any protein, like steak, grilled chicken, or fish. They also go well with mashed potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes, or rice.
Can I store leftover Brussels sprouts? Yes, store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat, pop them back in the air fryer for a few minutes until heated through and crispy again.
Can I prepare the Brussels sprouts in advance? Yes, you can trim and halve the Brussels sprouts in advance and store them in the refrigerator. However, don’t season them or add the oil until you’re ready to cook, as this could make them go soggy.
What if my Brussels sprouts aren’t crispy enough? If your Brussels sprouts aren’t as crispy as you’d like, try increasing the cooking time slightly. However, be careful not to overcook them, as they can become bitter.
Do I need to preheat my air fryer? While not always necessary, preheating your air fryer can help achieve a more uniform, crispy texture on your Brussels sprouts. It typically takes about 5 minutes to preheat.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER SEAFOOD BOIL
- AIR FRYER AVOCADO FRENCH FRIES
- EASY AIR FRYER LOW-CARB (KETO) EVERYTHING BAGEL ZUCCHINI CHIPS
- CRISPY AIR FRYER EGGPLANT PARMESAN
- AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI BROWNIES
- AIR FRYER AVOCADO FRENCH FRIES
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Crispy Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
- 17.63 ounces Brussels sprouts, defrosted
- 5.29 ounces bacon, cubes
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 F | 200 C and place parchment paper in the basket.
- Halve the Brussels sprouts and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add bacon, garlic, honey, oil, salt, and pepper to the bowl and toss.
- Place everything in the air fryer basket and fry for 20 minutes while stirring halfway through.
- Remove and serve as a side dish.
- Plate, serve and enjoy.
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper, optional
- Cooking Spray, optional