Air Fryer Avocado French Fries is a great and healthy alternative to french fries. My husband and kids went crazy for them, as did I, as I was quite convinced that I would not have any for dinner because I kept eating them.
I initially saw these at Whole Foods. I thought this would be a great recipe to make in the air fryer, plus I was not going to pay over $10.00 for a box of “french fries.”
These are so easy to make. The best advice that I would offer is that you need to get really firm Avocados because they hold their shape better during the cutting and breading phases.
If you are looking for even more easy Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER LOW-CARB (KETO) EVERYTHING BAGEL ZUCCHINI CHIPS, AIR FRYER TYSON CRISPY CHICKEN STRIPS, and AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS and AIR FRYER PIZZA POCKETS.
What Are Avocado French Fries?
If you have never had a batch of Avocado French Fries, they are going o really surprise you. They are made with avocados and then breaded with panko or traditional bread crumbs and seasoned with some seasonings.
They are then air fried up, where they turn golden brown. The exterior is crispy, while the inside is creamy and delicious!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Avocado French Fries
- All-Purpose Flour
- Black Pepper
- Panko Bread Crumbs
FOR THE FULL RECIPE, MAKE SURE YOU SCROLL DOWN TO THE RECIPE CARD BELOW, BUT HERE IS A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER AVOCADO FRENCH FRIES
How To Make Air Fryer Avocado French Fries
Start by selecting firm avocados from the supermarket. The harder they are, the better they will come out. Then slice the avocados in half. Then slice them into wedges that resemble french fries.
Dip them first into flour, salt, and black pepper. (In one bowl) In another bowl, mix 1 egg and 2 tablespoons of water, beat well. In another bowl, place the panko bread crumbs.
Then dip the avocado french fries into the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and then the panko crumbs. As you bread them, place them into the air fryer basket.
Spray the avocado french fries, which are in the air fryer basket, with olive oil.
Set the time to 370 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes. After the time is up, flip them, and spray again. Set the time for another 4 minutes
Remove them from the air fryer basket, plate, serve, and enjoy!
- For the best avocado fries, you need to start with slightly under-ripe avocados.
- Using ripe avocados will make your avocado fries mushy after you air fry them.
- Do not crowd your air fryer basket. This Air Fryer Avocado French Fries batch needs the heat to really crisp up the edges of the fries.
- Spray your basket or use parchment paper to line your basket so the Air Fryer Avocado French Fries do not stick to the basket.
- If you want them really crispy, generously spray them with cooking spray, which will help the coating get crispy.
Why You Should Use an Air Fryer For Avocado Fries
The real reason is that they get amazingly crisp and delicious!
And they are so good! First, you get the taste of deep-frying without all of the added fat. Then, with a few sprays of high heat oil, you get a delicious and healthy batch of Avocado French Fries.
How to Bake Avocado Fries
If you want to use your oven to make a great batch of Avocado Fries, the recipe will work the same.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
What to Serve With Avocado Fries
This is a great appetizer, but you can also make them a healthy side dish to go with any meal!
Are Avocado Fries Healthy?
Yes, this is such a healthy way to make these avocado fries. Without a lot of oil, they are so healthy. Avocados are low in calories but high in fiber and have a great number of health properties, including:
- High in vitamin C, E, K, and B-6.
- High in riboflavin, niacin, folate, magnesium, and potassium. Avocados also include lutein, beta-caroten, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Great for vision
- Osteoprois prevention
What type of Air Fryer should I use, Avocado Fries?
This recipe will work in all air fryers. I typically use three of my favorites for most of my recipes, including:
Some Other Great Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes–
Some Helpful Products Used in Making, Air Fryer Avocado French Fries–
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
Don’t Forget to Pin–
- 3 Avocados
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Start by selecting firm avocados from the supermarket. The harder they are, the better they will come out. Then slice the avocados in half.
- Then slice them into wedges that resemble french fries.
- Dip them first into flour, salt, and black pepper. (In one bowl)
- In another bowl, mix 1 egg and 2 tablespoons of water, beat well.
- In another bowl, place the panko bread crumbs.
- Then dip the avocado french fries into the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and then the panko crumbs.
- As you bread them, place them into the air fryer basket.
- Spray the avocado french fries, which are in the air fryer basket, with olive oil.
- Set the time to 370 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes. After the time is up, flip them, and spray again. Set the time for another 4 minutes.
- Remove them from the air fryer basket
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 755mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 12gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g