There is nothing better than Avocado Fries Air Fryer! They are so, so good! So, if you have been looking for an easy (but healthy) recipe look no further!
Air Fryer Avocado Fries is a great and healthy alternative to french fries. My husband and kids went crazy for them, as did I, as I was quite convinced that I would not have any for dinner because I kept eating them.
I initially saw these at Whole Foods. I thought this would be a great recipe to make in the air fryer, plus I was not going to pay over $10.00 for a box of “french fries.”
These are so easy to make. The best advice that I would offer is that you need to get really firm Avocados because they hold their shape better during the cutting and breading phases.
If you are looking for even more easy Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER LOW-CARB (KETO) EVERYTHING BAGEL ZUCCHINI CHIPS, AIR FRYER TYSON CRISPY CHICKEN STRIPS, and AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS and AIR FRYER PIZZA POCKETS.
What Are Avocado French Fries?
If you have never had a batch of Avocado Fries, they are going to really surprise you. They are made with ripe avocados and then breaded with panko or traditional bread crumbs and seasoned with some seasonings.
They are then air fried up, where they turn golden brown. The exterior is crispy, while the inside is creamy and delicious!
You will soon find that there is nothing better than a plate of avocado chips air fryer!
Ingredients Needed For Avocado Fries Air Fryer
Avocado: Use slightly underripe avocados which are better for air frying!
All-Purpose Flour: You can also use gluten-free, and below I give some great keto and low-carb options!
Seasonings: Salt and Black Pepper
Egg: You can also use an egg substitute.
Water: Use room temperature water
Panko Bread Crumbs: You can also use gluten-free bread crumbs or even pork crushed pork rinds!
FOR THE FULL RECIPE, MAKE SURE YOU SCROLL DOWN TO THE RECIPE CARD BELOW, BUT HERE IS A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER AVOCADO FRENCH FRIES
How To Make Fried Avocado In Air Fryer
STEP ONE: Start by selecting firm avocados from the supermarket. The harder they are, the better they will come out.
STEP TWO: Then slice the avocados in half. Then slice them into wedges that resemble french fries.
STEP THREE: Dip them first into flour, salt, and black pepper. (In one bowl) In another bowl, mix 1 egg and 2 tablespoons of water, and beat well. In another bowl, place the panko bread crumbs.
STEP FOUR: Then dip the avocado french fries into the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and then the panko crumbs. As you bread them, place them into the air fryer basket.
STEP FIVE: Spray the avocado french fries, which are in the air fryer basket, with olive oil.
STEP SIX: Set the time to 370 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes. After the time is up, flip them, and spray again. Set the time for another 4 minutes
STEP SEVEN: Remove them from the air fryer basket, plate, serve, and enjoy!
- What Avacados To Air Fry: For the best avocado fries, you need to start with slightly under-ripe avocados.
- Why Not Air Fry Ripe Avocados? Using ripe avocados will make your avocado fries mushy after you air fry them.
- Crowding: Do not crowd your air fryer basket. This Air Fryer Avocado French Fries batch needs the heat to really crisp up the edges of the fries.
- Spraying: Spray your basket or use parchment paper to line your basket so the Air Fryer Avocado French Fries do not stick to the basket.
- Crispy Avacado Chips: If you want them really crispy, generously spray them with cooking spray, which will help the coating get crispy.
Why Air Fry Avocado?
The real reason is that they get amazingly crisp and delicious!
And they are so good! First, you get the taste of deep-frying without all of the added fat. Then, with a few sprays of high-heat oil, you get a delicious and healthy batch of Avocado Fries or Avocado Chips!
How to Bake Avocado Fries
If you want to use your oven to make a great batch of Avocado Fries, the recipe will work the same. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
What to Serve With Avocado Fries
This is a great appetizer, but you can also make them a healthy side dish to go with any meal!
Are Avocado Fries Healthy?
Yes, this is such a healthy way to make these avocado fries. Without a lot of oil, they are so healthy. Avocados are low in calories but high in fiber and have a significant number of health properties, including:
- High in vitamin C, E, K, and B-6.
- High in riboflavin, niacin, folate, magnesium, and potassium. Avocados also include lutein, beta-carotene, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Great for vision
- Osteoprois prevention
How To Make Air Fryer Keto Avacodo Fries
This can easily be adapted to keto and low-carb-friendly recipes. With only a few switches, this can fit your keto lifestyle.
- Flour: Use almond flour instead of white (all-purpose) flour
- Pork Rinds: Instead of panko bread crumbs, use crushed pork rinds. To give you the same crispy flavor and taste.
More Air Fryer Snack Recipes:
Love the recipe for Avocado Fries Air Fryer? Here are some more delicious snack recipes to make in your air fryer?
Air Fryer Fried Potato Peels: If you’re like me, you often have leftover potato peels after cutting potatoes for a recipe. Instead of letting them go to waste, try frying them up in your air fryer! They make delicious and healthy snacks. Plus, you’ll get to use your air fryer for something other than chicken or fish. Give this recipe a try, and let us know what you think!
Air Fryer Goat Cheese Pizza: Who doesn’t love pizza? No one, that’s who. This goat cheese pizza is slightly different from your usual pepperoni or veggie pie, but it’s just as delicious. The air fryer creates a perfectly crispy crust, while the goat cheese and tomatoes provide plenty of flavors. Give this easy recipe a try for your next pizza.
Don’t Forget to Pin:
- 3 Avocados
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Start by selecting firm avocados from the supermarket. The harder they are, the better they will come out. Then slice the avocados in half.
- Then slice them into wedges that resemble french fries.
- Dip them first into flour, salt, and black pepper. (In one bowl)
- In another bowl, mix 1 egg and 2 tablespoons of water, beat well.
- In another bowl, place the panko bread crumbs.
- Then dip the avocado french fries into the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and then the panko crumbs.
- As you bread them, place them into the air fryer basket.
- Spray the avocado french fries, which are in the air fryer basket, with olive oil.
- Set the time to 370 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes. After the time is up, flip them, and spray again. Set the time for another 4 minutes.
- Remove them from the air fryer basket
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 755mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 12gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.