Fried Potato Skins are surprisingly tasty. Who would have thought the lowly potato peel could be so delicious? But it’s true — air fryer potato peels are addicting! If you’re looking for a new and exciting way to enjoy potatoes, then you need to try this recipe. So fire up your air fryer, and let’s get started!
Air Fried Potato Skins
Did you know you can cook your potato peels? It’s true! Air frying is a great way to get the same taste as fried potatoes but with less fat. Plus, it’s a lot of fun to watch the peels “fry” in the air. Follow these easy steps to make delicious air fryer fried potato peels.
When most people think about frying potatoes, they think about cutting them into thin slices and cooking them in hot oil. However, there’s another way to fry potatoes that don’t require oil at all — air fried potato skins.
Air frying works by circulating hot air around the food, which cooks it quickly and evenly. And because no oil is used, it’s a healthier option than traditional frying. This potato peel recipe will ensure you never throw your peels away again.
Why You’ll Love This Potato Peel Recipe
- There is nothing easier than air fried potato skins
- A crispy and crunchy snack that’s healthier than chips
- So easy to change the ‘flavor’ for a snack the whole family loves
- Potatoes are inexpensive, and this is an easy way to use every piece!
What Are Potato Peels?
It’s no secret that potato peels are often overlooked and underrated. However, these thin skins are packed with nutrients and can be used in various recipes. So what are potato peels? And why should you start using them in your air fryer?
Potato peels are nothing more than the peel of the potato. While they are usually thrown away, they make a great snack from your air fryer and can be used in a ton of potato peels recipes.
Trust me, once you make a batch of these fried potato skins, you will be addicted!
Ingredients Needed For this Potato Peels Recipe
Who doesn’t love fried potatoes? They are the perfect side dish for any meal. But what do you do with the peels? You can’t just discard them!
That’s where your air fryer comes in handy. This potato peels recipe turns scraps into a delicious and crispy snack. All you need is some oil and a few simple ingredients.
For complete ingredients and quantities, keep on scrolling until you get to the bottom with a printable recipe card.
- Potato Peels: I think Yukon Gold potatoes are the best for this dish, but any type will work — Russet, red, or even sweet potatoes!
- Olive Oil
- Seasonings: Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder
How To Make Air Fryer Fried Potato Skins
Step 1: Coat Potato Skins
Place your potato peels in a large bowl, then add the olive oil and seasonings. Toss well to coat.
Step 2: Fry Potato Skins
Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. Add your coated potato peels.
Cook for 5 to 8 minutes, shaking the basket frequently. Remove when the air fryer potato peels are crispy and fully cooked.
- Avoid Over Crowding: For best results, do not crowd the air fryer. Leave plenty of space between each of the potato peels to cook them to perfection. The hot air must circulate all the way around the potato peels to crisp them up fully.
- Flip Your Potatoes: Depending on the air fryer you are using, you may need to flip halfway when making this potato peel recipe so both sides get fully cooked.
- Keep an Eye On Them: Since every air fryer is slightly different, you should watch the fried potato skins as they cook up. Remove them when they are fully cooked.
How Do You Tell When Potato Skins Are Done Cooking?
To avoid overcooking, it’s important to keep an eye on your peels while air frying them. You’ll know they’re done when they’re crispy and golden on the outside. If the ends start to blacken, they’ve begun to overcook.
What Dips Can You Serve With Air Fryer Potato Peels?
Did you know that you can make delicious dips to serve with air fryer potato peels? There are many different flavors you can experiment with. Try a marinara or homemade ketchup with this potato peel recipe. A homemade nacho cheese sauce is also to die for!
- COPYCAT CHEESECAKE FACTORY MARINARA SAUCE
- EASY HOMEMADE KETCHUP RECIPE
- HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE
- CREAMY ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE
- HOMEMADE NACHO CHEESE SAUCE
Are Fried Potato Skins Healthy?
Yes! Did you know that most of a potato’s nutrients are in the skin? All of the vitamins and minerals, as well as half the potato’s fiber, are in the skin.
Air fried potato skins include the healthiest part of the vegetable, and air frying them reduces trans fats and excess oil.
Air frying your skins makes this potato peels recipe a healthier alternative to potato chips and other salty, greasy snacks.
More Air Fryer Snack Recipes:
- AIR FRYER VEGGIE CHIPS
- AIR FRYER PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM BURGERS
- EASY AIR FRYER CRAB STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- AIR FRYER TRADER JOE’S KALE GNOCCHI
- AIR FRYER ROASTED VEGETABLES
- EASY AIR FRYER FROZEN CRINKLE CUT FRIES
Fried Potato Skins in the Air Fryer
- 4 large potatoes, peels
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by adding your potato peels to a large bowl, add the olive oil and seasonings and toss well to coat.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. Add your coated potato peels. And cook for 5 to 8 minutes, shaking the basket frequently. Remove when the potato peels are fully cooked.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer