Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce –I’m on a mission to create the perfect pasta sauce. I’ve been making Roasted Red Pepper Sauce for years, and it is my favorite go-to recipe when I don’t know what else to make. It’s rich, creamy, and delicious on any pasta (spaghetti, linguine, fettuccini). This sauce can be made in minutes and will satisfy any craving you have!
This delicious Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce makes for an excellent sauce to use on eggs, pasta, chicken, or fish. This recipe is gluten-free and can be dairy-free, so it’s perfect for those with food sensitivities.
The roasted red peppers are tender, sweet, and smoky. They give the sauce a rich flavor that pairs perfectly with fresh basil leaves, which provide a slight peppery bite. Making this dish is pretty simple because all you do is saute some ingredients together in one pot then blend them into a smooth, creamy consistency!
You can make it as spicy or mild as you want by adding more or less of the red pepper flakes called for in the recipe. Get your forks ready because this warm, comforting meal will be coming soon to your tables.
If you are looking for even more homemade pantry items, some of my favorite recipes are HOMEMADE FRENCH ONION DIP, HOMEMADE BLUE-CHEESE DRESSING, GREEK YOGURT BBQ SAUCE, and CILANTRO-LIME SOUR CREAM CREMA.
What Is Roasted Red Pepper Sauce?
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is a staple in many Mediterranean countries. It’s a simple sauce made from roasted red peppers, garlic, and olive oil that can be used as a dipping sauce for bread or vegetables, spread on pizza dough before adding the toppings, or to add flavor to other dishes. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make it at home!
Ingredients Needed For Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Minced Garlic
- Black Pepper
- Heavy Cream
How To Make Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Add the roasted bell peppers to a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. In a small skillet, add the butter and garlic and saute for about 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the peppers, basil, and pepper, and mix well.
Over low-medium heat, simmer for about 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Pour in the heavy cream, and mix until smooth.
MORE HOMEMADE PANTRY RECIPES:
- HOMEMADE FRENCH ONION DIP
- REMOULADE SAUCE
- CILANTRO-LIME SOUR CREAM CREMA
- HOMEMADE BLUE-CHEESE DRESSING
- HOW TO MAKE PERFECT GUACAMOLE
DON’T FORGET TO PIN:
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 16 ounces roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Add the roasted bell peppers to a blender or food processor, blend until smooth. In a small skillet, add the butter and garlic saute for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add the peppers, basil, and pepper, and mix well.
- Over low-medium heat, simmer for about 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Pour in the heavy cream, and mix until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container until ready for use.
- Mixing Bowl