This is such an easy recipe for a Homemade Blue-Cheese Dressing. It is so much better than store-bought, rich, creamy, and delicious.
Whether you use this as a dip or a salad dressing, you will probably not go back to store-bought. I have been making many dressings and sauces for my family this month, which is truly one of my favorites.
Rich, creamy, and filled with blue cheese crumbles, it’s so much better than other recipes, and it pairs well with almost anything Buffalo, whether chicken, shrimp, or cauliflower. It’s a great sauce!
If you are looking for some other great and easy Homemade Sauce and Dressing Recipes, some of my favorites are GREEK YOGURT BBQ SAUCE, CILANTRO-LIME SOUR CREAM CREMA, HOW TO MAKE PERFECT GUACAMOLE and FRENCH FRY SEASONING.
What Is Blue Cheese?
Blue cheese is the main ingredient and flavor in this dressing. But what is it? What most people don’t know is that it’s used in a lot of food, from Air Fryer Blue Cheese Burgers to a Cobb Salad, to a simple sauce to serve alongside your Air Fryer Buffalo Wings.
Blue Cheese is really a generic term since Blue Cheese actually has several different kinds of cheese, all referred to as blue cheese. The most common ones are Gorgonzola, Stilton, and Roquefort.
Blue Cheese is made with the cultures of Penicillium, which means if you are allergic to Penicillium, you will be allergic to Blue Cheese.
You will notice that Blue Cheese produces a very foul smell, which is the mold and bacteria growing on the food. Other than that, you can buy it as a whole piece or as crumbles. For this recipe, we used crumbles, which is typical of a homemade Blue Cheese Dressing.
Ingredients For Homemade Blue-Cheese Dressing
- Sour Cream
- Lemon Juice
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Salt & Black Pepper
How To Make Homemade Blue-Cheese Dressing
Place the sour cream into a small bowl, then add the mayo, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and a pinch of kosher salt and pepper. Stir until completely combined.
Add the blue cheese crumbles and stir until well combined.
Add the minced chives or herbs of choice to the dressing and stir until combined (optional).
- For best results, place this into the refrigerator for about an hour, before serving. This really lets all of the flavors come together.
- Hold off on the fresh chives, and mix them in right before serving.
- You can either use a block of blue cheese or blue cheese crumbles, both will work. If you crumble it yourself, make sure that it’s really crumbled.
For A Lighter Homemade Blue-Cheese Dressing Version:
If you are looking to save a few calories, switch out the sour cream and mayonnaise to a light version.
You can also change the sour cream out for plain yogurt.
How Long Will Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing Last
For best results, place the leftover Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing into an airtight container or Mason Jar.
Refrigerate, and it will last for about a week. You can also double this recipe, and you will find all sorts of uses for it.
Some of my favorite recipes to serve Homemade Blue-Cheese Dressing with are:
- AIR FRYER HEALTHY BUFFALO CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER THE BEST BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER BITES
- EASY AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS WITH BUFFALO SAUCE
- AIR FRYER BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER FROM RAW OR FROZEN!
- AIR FRYER BUFFALO CHICKEN EGG ROLLS
Don’t Forget To Pin-
Homemade Blue-Cheese Dressing
This is such an easy recipe for a homemade Blue-Cheese Dressing. You can serve it with everything all summer long!
- ½ cup full-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup mayo
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup minced chives or fresh herb of choice (optional)
- Pinch kosher salt
- Pinch pepper
- Add ½ cup full-fat sour cream to a small bowl.
- To the sour cream, add ¼ cup mayo, 3 Tbsp. Lemon juice, 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce and a pinch of kosher salt and pepper. Stir until completely combined.
- Add ½ cup blue cheese crumbles and stir until well combined.
- Add ¼ cup minced chives or herbs of choice to the dressing and stir until combined (optional).
- For best results, refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 341mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Leave a Reply