Air Fryer The Best Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are one of the easiest ways to make cauliflower in the air fryer.
If you are looking for an easy way to cook cauliflower in the air fryer, I will give you my foolproof method and a great way to add flavor in a few simple steps.
One of the most popular questions in my Air Fryer Group is can you cook cauliflower in the air fryer, and the and answer is YES! And more importantly, it is simple.
I made a simple Buffalo Sauce to coat the cauliflower with, and my kids absolutely loved it. This would make a great side dish for any dish you serve your family. So today, you also get my favorite Buffalo Cauliflower Air Fryer Recipe.
If you are looking for even more ways to air fryer some vegetables, here are some of my favorites, AIR FRYER BEEF TACO SALAD, AIR FRYER FROZEN ARTICHOKES, AIR FRYER GRILLED PANZANELLA SALAD, and AIR FRYER GREEN BEAN FRIES.
What Are Buffalo Cauliflower Bites?
If you are looking for a low-carb and delicious appetizer or side dish, this one is one of the best. Made with fresh cauliflower, they are air fried to perfection. Today, I soaked the cauliflower in buttermilk, which gives the cauliflower a great flavor.
They have been selling them for years frozen, where my kids would literally run to the frozen food aisle in Costco to pick some up. Today, making out own.
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are usually deep-fried and then rolled into the Buffalo Sauce. Today, armed with my air fryer, I made a great and healthier batch–same great flavor, just so much better.
Air Fryer The Best Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- All-Purpose Flour
- Blue cheese dressing
- Celery sticks
Buffalo sauce Ingredients:
- White Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Ground Cumin
- Cayenne Pepper
- Smoked Paprika
- Dry Mustard
- Black Pepper
- Minced Garlic
- Frank’s Hot Sauce
- Louisiana Hot Sauce
HOW TO MAKE BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER BITES IN THE AIR FRYER:
Wash and cut cauliflower into florets. Add white pepper, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, dry mustard, and black pepper to a bowl and mix—Toss cauliflower in the spices.
Add minced garlic to a small saucepan over medium heat. Sauté 30 seconds. Then, add butter, franks red hot, Louisiana hot sauce, and juice from lime. Bring to a simmer and lower heat—Cook for 5 minutes.
In a medium bowl, add flour, buttermilk, and cayenne pepper. Whisk to combine, then toss the cauliflower until evenly coated.
Place cauliflower (in a single layer) in the air fryer basket. Set to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, and cook for 7 minutes.
Turn cauliflower over and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove cauliflower and toss in the Buffalo sauce.
Serve immediately with blue cheese dip and celery sticks. Enjoy!!
PRO TIPS FOR AIR FRYER BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER BITES
- Try to cut all of the cauliflower florets into the same size, so they all cook up simultaneously.
- Do not crowd the air fryer basket. Otherwise, the cauliflower will not get the chance to crisp up. You will probably need a few batches to run a whole cauliflower head through the air fryer, although it will depend on the air fryer you own.
- If you want more crunch, put them back into the air fryer after you coat them.
- Cook right before serving; there is nothing better than a fresh batch of Air Fryer, The Best Buffalo Cauliflower Bites.
HOW TO MAKE IN THE OVEN
These are easily made in the oven. To do so, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F, and then bake for about 10 to 15 minutes.
You will need to flip the cauliflower about halfway during the cooking process. So both sides get crisped up.
HOW TO MAKE AHEAD
This is a great dish to make ahead of time, especially if you prepare them for a get-together or Holiday dinner.
To make them ahead of time, roast the cauliflower as called for in the recipe. But then wait to make the sauce, and then when you are about ready to serve, toss with the hot sauce, and then air fry again.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS
If you have any leftovers, let them cool to room temperaure, then place into an air tight container, and place into the refrigeraotr.
To heat up any leftovers, either heat them in the microwave or heat in the air fryer.
What do you serve with buffalo cauliflower?
This dish pairs well as an appetizer, with carrot and celery sticks and a dip. But you can easily serve this as part of an Easy Air Fryer Chicken Dinner. It goes really great paired with a grilled chicken breast.
So, the next time you are looking for an easy Air Fryer Side Dish, this is one of my favorites.
Dips To Pair With Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
This dish is typically served with Blue Cheese, which is typical when you serve anything with Buffalo sauce (wings, etc) but there are some other great options, some of my favorites are:
- French Onion Dip
- Cilantro Lemon Dipping Sauce
- Garlic Parmesan
Some Other Great Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes–
Air Fryer Used In Making These:
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
DON’T FORGET TO PIN,
- 1 head of cauliflower (about 10 oz)
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- Blue cheese dressing
- Celery sticks
Buffalo sauce Ingredients:
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp dry mustard
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup franks red hot
- ¼ cup Louisiana hot sauce
- ½ lime (juiced- about 2 tbsp)
- Wash and cut cauliflower into florets.
- Add white pepper, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, dry mustard, and black pepper to a bowl and mix.
- Toss cauliflower in the spices.
- Add minced garlic to a small saucepan over medium heat. Sauté 30 seconds. Then, add butter, franks red hot, Louisiana hot sauce, and juice from lime. Bring to a simmer and lower heat—Cook for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, buttermilk, and cayenne pepper. Whisk to combine, then toss the cauliflower until evenly coated.
- Place cauliflower (in a single layer) in the air fryer basket. Set to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, and cook for 7 minutes.
- Turn cauliflower over and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove cauliflower and toss in the Buffalo sauce.
- Serve immediately with blue cheese dip and celery sticks.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 872mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g