Air Fryer Spinach and Feta Stromboli. This is an easy meal for lunch or a quick dinner. Today, I stuffed the stromboli with Spinach and Feta, but you can use anything for a great and easy meal.
I love Spinach PIe, but I am not a fan of working with Phyllo Dough, so I had all of the ingredients on hand and ended up making a simple stromboli.
Air Fryer Spinach and Feta Stromboli
Do you ever find yourself wishing for a convenient meal that tastes delicious? We’ve all been there – between work, family obligations, and errands running here and there, it can be hard to find the time to whip up something special.
We have great news for you: today’s air fryer spinach and feta stromboli recipe is easy, quick, AND tasty! With just 20 minutes of prep and 15 minutes of cook time in the air fryer, you can make this mouthwatering Italian-inspired dish without a sweat. Not only is it packed with cheese inside a golden puff pastry exterior, but thanks to the air fryer cooking method, this stromboli has crunchy edges on top while still maintaining its juicy center. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Spinach and Feta Stromboli
If you love the combination of spinach, feta, and pizza dough but are looking for an easier way to indulge in your favorite flavors, look no further than air fryer spinach and feta stromboli. This delicious dish will satisfy everyone at the dinner table – kids and adults! With a few simple ingredients and some time spent in the air fryer, this delicious Italian-inspired feast will be ready for your hungry family.
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Pizza Dough: Homemade or Store-bough pizza dough.
- Spinach: Fresh spinach or frozen, thawed, and drained spinach.
- Feta Cheese: Fresh feta crumbles work best for this recipe.
- Serving: Marinara, Pesto or Alfredo Sauce.
- Olive oil for brushing
How To Make Spinach and Feta Stromboli
Are you looking for an easy meal to make during a busy week? Look no further than this delicious and nutritious spinach and feta stromboli! This delectable dish is simple to prepare, has loads of flavor, and contains plenty of protein. Making a stromboli in the air fryer has never been easier!
Step One: Saute The Spinach
Add about one teaspoon of olive oil in a small skillet, and then add your spinach for about 1-2 minutes, just until the spinach is wilted.
Step Two: Prepare the Stromboli Filling
Mix the feta cheese, wilted spinach, salt, and black pepper in a small mixing bowl.
Step Three: Prepare The Dough
Roll out the dough. Sprinkle the spinach and feta cheese into the center of the dough.
Roll the dough up; pinch the sides so they stay close. Use a pastry brush and brush the olive oil over the top. You can also use melted butter. (unsalted)
Step Four: Air Fry The Spinach and Cheese Stromboli
Set into the air fryer for 12-15 minutes at 330 degrees F, air fryer setting. Remove when the stromboli is fully cooked; depending on the air fryer you are using, you may need to flip the stromboli halfway during cooking.
Step Five: Serving
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Pro Tips For Cooking Stromboli In Air Fryer
Stromboli is a delicious Italian-American dish made with pizza dough and various ingredients, such as cured meats, cheese, and vegetables. Cooking stromboli in an air fryer quickly and easily achieve a crispy crust and perfectly melted filling. Here are some pro tips for cooking stromboli in an air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer: Preheating your air fryer will help ensure that your stromboli cooks evenly and thoroughly. Set your air fryer to 330°F and let it preheat for a few minutes before adding your stromboli.
- Use parchment paper: To prevent the stromboli from sticking to the air fryer basket, use parchment paper. Roll out the dough on the parchment paper, add the filling, and then use the paper to roll the stromboli carefully.
- Brush with olive oil: Before cooking, brush the stromboli with olive oil. This will help the dough to brown and crisp up in the air fryer.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket: Make sure there is enough space between the stromboli and the sides of the air fryer basket. Overcrowding the basket can result in uneven cooking and a soggy crust.
- Cook in batches: Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook the stromboli in batches. This will ensure that each stromboli has enough space to cook evenly and get crispy.
- Check frequently: Keep an eye on the stromboli as it cooks in the air fryer. It may cook faster than you think, so check it frequently to avoid overcooking.
- Let it rest: Once the stromboli is done, remove it from the air fryer and rest for a few minutes before slicing. This will let the filling settle and prevent it from spilling out when you slice it.
With these pro tips, you can create delicious and crispy stromboli in your air fryer!
Frequently Asked Questions
What temperature should I cook stromboli in an air fryer?
The recommended temperature for cooking stromboli in an air fryer is 330°F. Use the air fryer setting if prompted.
How long does it take to cook stromboli in an air fryer?
Cooking time can vary depending on the size of the stromboli and the air fryer. Generally, it takes around 12-15 minutes to cook a stromboli in an air fryer.
Can I use frozen stromboli in an air fryer?
Yes, you can use frozen stromboli in an air fryer. However, you may need to adjust the cooking time and temperature to ensure the stromboli is cooked through.
Can I use the homemade dough for stromboli in an air fryer?
Yes, you can use the homemade dough for stromboli in an air fryer. Just make sure to roll it out thin and even so that it cooks through properly.
How do I prevent the stromboli from sticking to the air fryer basket?
Use parchment paper to prevent the stromboli from sticking to the air fryer basket. Roll out the dough on the parchment paper, add the filling, and then use the paper to roll the stromboli carefully.
Can I use different fillings for stromboli in an air fryer?
Yes, you can use any fillings you like for stromboli in an air fryer. Some popular fillings include pepperoni, sausage, cheese, vegetables, and marinara sauce.
Can I reheat stromboli in an air fryer?
Yes, you can reheat stromboli in an air fryer. Place the stromboli in the air fryer and cook at 350°F for 3-5 minutes or until heated.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Some Helpful Products Used in Making, Air Fryer Spinach, and Feta Stromboli– (affiliate links included)
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
Air Fryer Spinach and Feta Stromboli
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 cup spinach , fresh
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 ounces pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, for brushing
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a small skillet, add about 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and then add your spinach, for about 1-2 minutes, just until the spinach is wilted.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the feta cheese, wilted spinach, salt, and black pepper.
- Roll out the dough.
- Sprinkle the spinach and feta cheese into the center of the dough.
- Roll the dough up, Pinch the sides so they stay close.
- Use a pastry brush and brush the olive oil over the top.
- Set into the air fryer for 12-15 minutes at 330 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray, or Parchment Paper