Cilantro-Lime Sour Cream Crema is amazing! This dressing makes a fantastic addition to any meal. Today, I made a batch to serve over my Air Fryer Mini Taco Bowls, and my kids went crazy for it!
With only a few simple ingredients, you can have a great and creamy batch of this sauce that goes with almost anything.
You can change it out for any recipe that calls for sour cream. The cilantro and lime pairs richness well with any Mexican food and makes for a topping on fajita or tacos! This would also go amazing with a plate of air fryer nachos!
What Is Crema?
If you are new to cooking, you probably think of this sauce as a homemade sour cream. But it’s really much more.
This Mexican-inspired recipe is typically flavored with lime, cilantro, peppercorns, minced garlic, and jalapenos. It is then mixed in with store-bought sour cream to create a delicious and easy sauce.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
This is a typical Cilantro-Lime Sour Cream Crema made with a punch of items probably already in your pantry or refrigerator. All you will need:
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Cilantro
- Limes (you will use both the lime juice and lime zest for best flavor)
- Cracked Peppercorn
- Minced Garlic
HOW TO MAKE CILANTRO LIME SOUR CREAM CREMA
Add all ingredients into a food processor and puree for 15 seconds. Add to a mason jar or condiment squeeze container.
SOME PRO TIPS:
- For best results, chill after preparing. IU would recommend that it chills for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Store in an airtight container or mason jar.
- Want it hotter? Add the seeds from the jalapeno.
- If you are looking for a dairy-free option, you can substitute out the sour cream for Forager.
- If you want a vegan option, you can use Forager or Greek Yogurt.
Ways To Use It:
You can truthfully use it the same way that you use sour cream.
- Taco Toppings
- Fajitas Toppings
- Taco Salad
- Nachos Topping
How To Store Cilantro Sour Cream Sauce
The best way to store this is in an airtight container or mason jar.
It will last for about 4 to 6 days in the refrigerator.
Some Other Great & Easy Homemade Pantry Recipes-
Cilantro-Lime Sour Cream Crema
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, fresh cilantro, diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cracked peppercorn
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and puree for 15 seconds. Add to a mason jar or condiment squeeze container.
- Mixing Bowl