Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing (Better Than Store-Bought) — If you’re looking for something to spice up your salads, sandwiches, or even dips for chips and veggies — look no further. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make a delicious and creamy homemade blue cheese dressing in the comfort of your kitchen.
This easy-to-follow recipe is better than anything from the store, so say goodbye to bland dressings forever! Not only will this zesty condiment open doors to creating new flavor combinations, but it will also make getting creative in the kitchen much easier. So grab those ingredients now and get ready to whip up some tasty homemade blue cheese dressing that will elevate any meal!
Ingredients Needed For The Best Blue Cheese Dressing Or Dip
If you’re looking for an amazing blue cheese dressing or dip, look no further! With just a few simple ingredients, you can make your own incredibly delicious creations right in the comfort of your kitchen. The strong and savory flavor of creamy blue cheese combined with creamy mayonnaise or sour cream is perfect for salads, vegetable trays, and crackers – even as a dip for freshly cut fries! Let us show you how to put together the best blue cheese dressing or dip imaginable – all it takes are some easy-to-find and low-cost essentials.
Remember the step-by-step directions below in the printable recipe card at the end of the post.
- Sour Cream: Use regular or low-fat
- Mayo: You can use store-bought, low-fat, regular mayonnaise, or even homemade mayo.
- Blue Cheese: Use freshly crumbled blue cheese
- Dairy: Use buttermilk, milk, or water to create a creamy consistency.
- Seasoning and Spices: Parsley, Lemon Juice, Sea Salt, and Black Pepper
How To Make The Best Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing (Better Than Store-Bought)
Step One: Combine The Ingredients
Mix the sour cream, mayo, blue cheese, parsley, lemon juice, kosher salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl. Mix well until well combined.
Step Two: Make Your Blue Cheese Dressing Creamy
For extra creaminess, slowly add 1-2 tablespoons of milk, buttermilk, or water until you reach the desired level of creaminess.
Step Three: Refrigerate
Allow the flavors to marinade for about 2-3 hours before serving.
Tips For Making The Best Blue Cheese Dressing
When making the best blue cheese dressing, it’s important to use quality ingredients. Choose a blue cheese that is creamy and flavorful; avoid any that are overly crumbly or dry. Additionally, look for a high-quality mayonnaise, preferably made with olive oil. Finally, pick up fresh herbs and spices like parsley, garlic, and chives to give the dressing an extra flavor boost.
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, it’s time to start making the dressing. Start by combining the blue cheese and mayonnaise in a bowl until fully combined. Then add in your herbs and spices; you can use more or less depending on how strong you want the flavor.
Once the dressing is well-combined, it’s time to add some acidity. Squeeze in some fresh lemon juice or a splash of white wine vinegar and mix it together with a spoon. You can also add a bit of honey to cut through the tanginess of the blue cheese.
Finally, add a pinch of salt and some freshly ground black pepper. Taste the dressing and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
What To Serve With Blue Cheese Dressing
Blue cheese dressing is a delicious and versatile condiment that pairs well with so many dishes. It can be used as a dip, spread, or drizzled over salads and appetizers. Here are some of the best foods to serve with blue cheese dressing to create an unforgettable meal:
- Salads: Blue cheese dressing goes great with salads, adding a zesty, creamy layer of flavor. Try pairing it with robust greens such as romaine lettuce or spinach, then add your favorite vegetables and toppings. A few ideas include tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, onions, mushrooms, bacon bits, dried cranberries, and nuts.
- Veggies: Veggies such as air fryer carrots, celery, and air fryer broccoli make a great base for dipping into blue cheese dressing.
- Fruits: Fruits such as apples, pears, and grapes are delicious when served with a blue cheese dressing. Fruits are a great way to balance out the creaminess of the dressing.
- Proteins: Blue cheese dressing is also an excellent topping for proteins such as steak, chicken, pork, and fish. It adds an extra flavor boost that can make your protein dish special.
There you have it! With these ideas, you can create a delicious and unique meal with blue cheese dressing. It’s time to experiment and get creative!
How To Store Leftover Blue Cheese Dressing
Storing leftover blue cheese dressing correctly is key to ensuring it stays safe and retains its flavor. Here are some tips for keeping your leftovers fresh:
- Storing: Transfer the dressing into an airtight container or resealable plastic bag before storing it in the refrigerator. Ensure the container or bag is labeled with the date, so you know when it was made. This will help you track how long it’s been in the fridge and whether or not it’s still safe to eat.
- Freezing: If you’re not planning on eating the dressing within two to three days, it’s best to freeze it for longer storage. To do this, transfer the dressing into a freezer-safe container or bag and ensure it’s tightly sealed. Label the container with the date so you know when to use it. When you’re ready to eat the dressing, thaw it in the refrigerator and use it within three days of thawing. Make sure not to re-freeze the dressing once it has been thawed, as this can cause bacteria to develop.
How Long Does Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing Last In The Refrigerator
When stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, homemade blue cheese dressing should last up to 5 days. However, be sure to smell and taste the dressing before consuming it. If it doesn’t smell right or tastes off, discard it.
More Homemade Dressing Recipes
- AIR FRYER HOMEMADE PANKO BREAD CRUMBS RECIPE
- FRY SAUCE RECIPE
- SPICY CILANTRO MAYO
- PRETZEL CHEESE DIP
- BANG BANG SAUCE
This easy, homemade blue cheese dressing recipe is much better than anything you can buy at the store. Plus, it only takes a few minutes to make! I hope you’ll try it and let me know how you like it. Thanks for reading!
Don’t Forget To Pin: Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing (Better Than Store-Bought)
Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing (Better Than Store-Bought)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon parsley, or chives minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, adjust to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons milk, or buttermilk, water
- Mix the sour cream, mayo, blue cheese, parsley, lemon juice, kosher salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl. Mix well until well combined.
- For extra creaminess, slowly add 1-2 tablespoons of milk, buttermilk, or water until you reach the desired level of creaminess.
- Allow the flavors to marinade for about 2-3 hours before serving.