There is nothing better than a piece of Air Fryer Healthy Buffalo Chicken for a quick dinner. This is such a great and easy recipe, and it’s perfect for the Air Fryer.
Made with only a few ingredients, this will surely become one of your go-to meals. It is also a KETO-friendly and low-carb option, so these might be the best meal for your Air Fryer if you are following those plans.
The sauce is amazing, and the chicken is very tender, and you can also serve it with another small bowl for dipping. Or dip it into some Blue Cheese Dressing–Amazing!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Chicken Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER PICKLE-BRINED CHICKEN TENDERS, AIR FRYER POLLO ASADO CHICKEN, AIR FRYER ITALIAN DRESSING CHICKEN and AIR FRYER PESTO CHICKEN TENDERS.
What Is Buffalo Chicken?
Typically, when we talk about Buffalo Chicken, we are usually referring to buffalo chicken wings. But the sauce works perfectly on any chicken piece, whether chicken breast, chicken thighs, or drumsticks. It’s the perfect sauce and goes well with chicken, and it’s effortless to make.
A Buffalo sauce typically includes butter, Red Hot Sauce, White Vinegar, and Worcestershire Sauce. Depending on how hot you want your sauce, add some cayenne pepper to add some kick.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Healthy Buffalo Chicken
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- Frank’s Hot Sauce
- Worcheshire Sauce
- White Vinegar
- Black Pepper
- Optional: Cayenne Pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Healthy Buffalo Chicken
Start by making the sauce, over a small saucepan, over low heat, add the butter, when it’s melted, remove it from heat. Then mix in the hot sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire Sauce, salt, and black pepper. (and if you are adding the cayenne pepper, mix in as well)
Add your chicken to a large bowl, pour over the marinade, and then marinade for about 30 minutes.
Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray, and then place the chicken into the basket. Set the temperature to 380 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 10-15 minutes.
WHAT KIND OF HOT SAUCE FOR BUFFALO CHICKEN?
About 90% of the hot sauces sold in the United States grocery aisles are Frank’s Red Hot or a store brand.
I usually choose the Original choice of heat, but the other varieties you can use in this chicken are Frank’s Red Hot Chile Lime Hot Sauce or Hot Buffalo Sauce; either would work for this recipe.
WHERE DOES BUFFALO SAUCE COME FROM?
This sauce was originally invested in Buffalo, New York, hence the name. They were first prepared in Anchor Bar, which has since become a landmark restaurant.
WHAT TEMPERATURE SHOULD CHICKEN BE COOKED TO IN THE OVEN?
If you want to make this dish in the oven, prepare as directed and then place the marinated chicken into a baking dish.
Place the baking dish into a preheated oven of 350 degrees F, for 25-30 minutes.
Some Other Great & Easy Air Fryer Chicken Recipes-
- AIR FRYER POLLO ASADO CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER NAKED CHICKEN TENDERS
- 24 OF THE BEST AIR FRYER CHICKEN TENDERS YOU’LL EVER MAKE
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN CUTLETS
- AIR FRYER BUTTERMILK CHICKEN TENDERS
Don’t Forget To Pin-
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup RedHot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Start by making the sauce, over a small saucepan, over low heat, add the butter, when it's melted, remove it from heat. Then mix in the hot sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire Sauce, salt, and black pepper. (and if you are adding the cayenne pepper, mix in as well)
- Add your chicken to a large bowl, pour over the marinade, and then marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray, and then place the chicken into the basket. Set the temperature to 380 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 10-15 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 164mgSodium: 366mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 38g