Air Fryer Pollo Asado Chicken is an easy and delicious dinner recipe. I love the spices, and the air fryer does a fantastic job at making the chicken tender and delicious—a great and easy chicken recipe.
I love nothing better than making a quick Air Fryer Chicken Recipe, which cooks up a beautiful piece of chicken. While today I used thighs, you can make the same recipe with any part of the chicken.
The trick to this recipe is marinating. The longer it marinates, the better the chicken gets. It’s incredibly flavorful, so whether you want to add this to your recipe list for the Blackstone Griddle or Air Fryer, try this chicken, you will be in love at first bite.
Looking for even more Air Fryer Chicken Recipes? Some of my favorites are AIR FRYER PESTO CHICKEN TENDERS, AIR FRYER PICKLE-BRINED CHICKEN TENDERS, AIR FRYER SESAME CHICKEN, and AIR FRYER BUTTERMILK CHICKEN TENDERS.
What Is Pollo Asado Chicken?
If you have never heard of Pollo Asado Chicken, the name really means a type of traditional chicken prepared on the barbecue.
It is trendy in Spanish-speaking countries, hence the name. Argentina, Uruguay, Puerto Rico, Cub, and other Spanish-speaking countries are the most popular countries.
The meat is marinated with many traditional spices, and then orange juice and lime juice are added to the meat to make it extremely tender.
Today, I used chicken thighs; you can use any cut of meat that you wish, the most popular being drumsticks, wings, or breasts. The recipe will work the same; the cooking times may need to change since you use a different chicken cut.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Pollo Asado Chicken
- Chicken Thighs
- Olive Oil
- Orange Juice
- Lime Juice
- Adobo Seasoning
- Seasonings: Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Ground Cumin, Onion Powder, and Oregano
How To Make Air Fryer Pollo Asado Chicken
Add the chicken thighs, oil, lime juice, orange juice, and seasonings in a small bowl. Cover and place the bowl into the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
Spray the cooking basket with cooking spray, then add your marinated chicken. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting for 20-25 minutes and fliping halfway.
Pro Tips For Making Air Fryer Pollo Asado Chicken
- You can either use skinless or skin-on chicken thighs; it will not affect the cooking time.
- If you use bone-in chicken thighs, the cooking time will be slightly longer.
- If you want to brush melted butter on or spray the chicken with cooking spray, after you flip, it will make your chicken thighs even juicer.
- Do not overcrowd the basket; you really need the hot air to circulate the around air fryer basket freely.
- Since every air fryer is slightly different, check on your Air Fryer Pollo Asado Chicken several times during cooking. So you do not end up with an overcooked chicken dish.
- The best way to tell if any meat item is done in the air fryer is by using a meat thermometer. Chicken thighs should be at 165 degrees F.
- Feel free to change out the seasonings.
How long does it take to cook chicken thighs in an air fryer?
The exact time will depend on how thick your chicken thighs are and if they are bone-in or boneless. Boneless will take less time the bone in.
The other determining factor for the time of chicken thighs will be the air fryer that you own since they all cook at different times (although not much)
Can you put raw chicken in an air fryer?
Yes, you can; anything you make in an oven can be prepared in the air fryer, including raw meats (and chicken).
What Can I Serve With Pollo Asado?
I traditionally serve this dish with rice; if you have an Instant Pot, this makes for a fantastic hands-off meal. With your protein in the Air Fryer and the side dish in the Instant Pot. Here are some of my favorite Instant Pot Rice Recipes with which you can pair Air Fryer Pollo Asado Chicken.
- INSTANT POT CHICKEN FRIED RICE
- EASY INSTANT POT JASMINE RICE RECIPE
- INSTANT POT, HOW TO MAKE BOXED RICE PILAF IN THE INSTANT POT
- INSTANT POT, HOW TO MAKE KNORR’S RICE SIDES IN THE INSTANT POT
- EASY INSTANT POT, BROCCOLI, AND RICE
Don’t Forget To Pin-
Air Fryer Pollo Asado Chicken
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup olive oil , Or canola oil
- 2/3 cup orange juice, (pulp-free)
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 teaspoons adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Add the chicken thighs, oil, lime juice, orange juice, and seasonings in a small bowl. Cover and place the bowl into the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Spray the cooking basket with cooking spray, then add your marinated chicken. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting for 20-25 minutes. Fliping halfway. Check the internal temperature of the chicken, which should be 165 degrees F.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional