Air Fryer Pesto Chicken Thighs makes for an incredibly easy and delicious meal. Made with a few ingredients, the air fryer bakes them to perfection!
If you have been looking for something to do with chicken thighs, this recipe will work on several levels. And it’s one of my go-to meals after a long day at work or running around with the kids.
It is one of those perfect midweek meals, and the Air Fryer will crisp your chicken thighs to perfection.
Serve with either a garden salad or a plate of roasted vegetables for a complete and delicious meal! This chicken dish goes with almost anything you can serve with it.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Chicken Thigh Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER POLLO ASADO CHICKEN, AIR FRYER SESAME CHICKEN, AIR FRYER COPYCAT KFC FRIED CHICKEN, and AIR FRYER CRISPY CHICKEN THIGHS.
What Is Pesto?
Pesto combines minced garlic, basil, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese.
It is a great ingredient to use in seasoning since it’s naturally gluten-free, KETO and Low-Carb Friendly, and a great way to get some freshness into a dish.
You can either make it yourself or purchase it in the grocery store, where you will find it along with other pasta sauces.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Pesto Chicken Thighs
- Bone-in Or Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Pesto Chicken Thigh
Start by seasoning the chicken with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl (large enough for the chicken), scoop the pesto into it, add the olive oil, and place the chicken thighs.
Place the chicken thighs into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 380 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 10 minutes, and then flip and air fry for another 7-8 minutes, until the internal temperature reads 165 degrees F.
Tips for Crispy Chicken Thighs
- Start by drying your chicken thighs off with a kitchen towel or paper towel.
- Leave plenty of space around the chicken thighs, which will allow for the chicken thighs, to cook up perfectly. The hot air really needs to flow around the chicken thighs for them to cook to perfection.
- Every air fryer is slightly different; I have made this recipe in several air fryers, including the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, and even the Instant Pot Crisp Lid. The recipe works the same in Air Fryer Bakst or Oven Models.
- The internal temperature of the chicken needs to reach 165 degrees F. Check by using a meat thermometer.
Don’t Have an Air Fryer? You Can Make These in the Oven!
If you want to make these in the oven, remember everything you make in an air fryer can be made in an oven.
Prepare as directed and then place the Pesto Chicken Thighs onto a baking tray, and set the pan into a 400 degrees F preheated oven, and cook for 30-40 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Other Great Air Fryer Chicken Thigh Recipes:
- AIR FRYER POLLO ASADO CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER SESAME CHICKEN
- EASY AIR FRYER BROWN SUGAR CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER CRISPY CHICKEN THIGHS
- AIR FRYER FRIED CHICKEN
- EASY AIR FRYER BBQ CHICKEN THIGHS
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Pesto Chicken Thighs
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 cup pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by seasoning the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl (large enough for the chicken), scoop the pesto into it, add the olive oil, and place the chicken thighs.
- Place the chicken thighs into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 380 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 10 minutes, and then flip and air fry for another 7-8 minutes, until the internal temperature reads 165 degrees F.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper