Do you love fried rice, but don’t have the time to make it? Well, your favorite dish can now be made in minutes with an Instant Pot! This chicken fried rice is easy to make and just as delicious as if you spent hours slaving over a hot stove. So fire up your Instant Pot and get started on this amazing dish!
Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice is one of the best one-pot meals you can prepare in the Instant Pot.
My husband loves Chinese food, and I think when I was dating him, he had Chinese food every night. Today, I made a great pot of Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice. It was so easy to make and absolutely delicious.
Chinese Food Cooked In The Instant Pot
While I like Chinese food too, it’s not too good for the waistline or the pocketbook. So, I started experimenting with making Instant Pot Chinese food because I love my Instant Pot, and I love homemade Chinese Food. While I made this at my house, it has all of the traditional ingredients for take-out Chinese Fried Rice, including rice, eggs, carrots, and peas. The elements are all there, and it takes less time than going to the Chinese restaurant down the street.
Why You Will Love Chicken Fried Rice Cooked In The Instant Pot
This is one of my son’s favorite lunch meals; it is easy to create, right in your Instant Pot. Reasons why you will love this meal,
- Faster Than Grabbing Chinese-Take Out From the local Chinese Food Restaurant
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
If you’ve got an Instant Pot, you’re probably wondering what kinds of things you can make in it. Well, look no further! This Instant Pot chicken fried rice is the perfect dish for an easy weeknight meal. You only need a few basic ingredients, and it takes just minutes to cook. So go ahead and give it a try!
- Chicken; Use either diced chicken breast, chicken thighs, or even chicken tenders. Make sure all of the cuts of meat are boneless.
- Olive Oil: You can also use another high heat oil, such as avocado oil, coconut oil, or even grapeseed oil.
- Vegetables: Diced Onions and Minced Garlic add a lot of flavors!
- Egg: use a large room temperature, egg.
- Basmati Rice: Or use white rice, I do not recommend brown rice for this recipe!
- Soy Sauce: Use either gluten-free or regular soy sauce!
- Chicken Broth: Or use homemade chicken stock!
- Frozen Vegetables: use either frozen peas and carrots or even stir-fry vegetables.
How To Cook Chicken Fried Rice In The Instant Pot
Put your olive oil in the Instant Pot, then hit the saute setting and let the oil heat up. Then brown your chicken on all sides. Be careful not to let it burn. If you need to add water to cook it, add a couple of tablespoons to stick. Remove when cooked, and place it on a plate. In your Instant Pot, place the oil, then press the saute setting. When the oil heats up, add the onion and garlic, and saute for about 1 minute.
Then add the egg, and scramble it for another minute. Add the rice, soy sauce, and chicken broth, and mix well. Set the rice option for 12 minutes, making sure that the vent is closed. When the rice is done, release the steam. Remove the lid, mix well, and then add the frozen vegetables and cooked chicken. Mix well and enjoy!
Pro Tips For The Best Chinese Fried Rice In The Instant Pot
1. Rinse The Rice: This will help remove a lot of the starch, which will help your rice dish not clump together during the Instant Pot Process.
2. Use either basmati rice, jasmine rice, or long-grain white rice. You really want to avoid using brown rice for this dish since it takes longer to pressure cook brown rice.
4. Add Enough Liquid: Ensure that the rice is underneath the water before you start to pressure cook. Otherwise, your rice will dry out.
What To Serve With Chicken Fried Rice
Who doesn’t love a good plate of chicken fried rice? It’s one of those classic comfort foods that everyone seems to love. But what are the best side dishes to serve with it? Here are four great options that will complement chicken fried rice perfectly!
1. Fried or steamed vegetables
2. Stir-fried noodles
4. Miso soup
How Long Is Fried Rice Good For
No one wants to eat bad fried rice- it’s not appetizing. But how long is fried rice good for after you’ve cooked it? And more importantly, can you reheat it and still have a good dish? Keep reading to find out!
Store leftover fried rice in an airtight container or Ziploc bag, where it will last good for about 5-7 days, in the refrigerator.
Can I Freeze Fried Rice
Fried rice is a delicious and easy dish to make, but sometimes you might have leftovers that you don’t want to waste. So can you freeze fried rice? The answer is yes, you can freeze fried rice, and it will taste just as good as the fresh version.
More Instant Pot Recipes:
Are you an Instant Pot fan? If so, you’ll love these new recipes! We’ve gathered some of our favorite Instant Pot dishes for you to try. Whether you’re looking for something easy or something more adventurous, we’ve got you covered. So get your pressure cooker out and get cooking!
- INSTANT POT, RISOTTO
- EASY INSTANT POT, QUINOA
- INSTANT POT, HOW TO MAKE BOXED RICE PILAF IN THE INSTANT POT
Some Helpful Products Use in Making This Recipe–
Affiliate links are included in this post–
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 1/ cup chicken broth
- 1/2 pound chicken breast, diced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 cup frozen vegetables, mixed
- Put your olive oil in the Instant Pot, then hit the saute setting and let the oil heat up. Then brown your chicken on all sides. Be careful not to let it burn. If you need to add water to cook it, add a couple of tablespoons to stick. Remove when cooked, and place it on a plate. In your Instant Pot, place the oil, then press the saute setting. When the oil heats up, add the onion and garlic, and saute for about 1 minute.
- Then add the egg, and scramble it for another minute. Add the rice, soy sauce, and chicken broth, and mix well. Set the rice option for 12 minutes, making sure that the vent is closed. When the rice is done, release the steam. Remove the lid, mix well, and then add the frozen vegetables and cooked chicken. Mix well and enjoy!
- Instant Pot, or Ninja Foodi