Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
My husband loves Chinese food, and I think when I was dating him, he had Chinese food every night.
While I like Chinese food too, it’s not too good for the waistline or the pocketbook. So, I started to experiment with how to make Instant Pot Chinese food, because of 1. I love my Instant pot 2. I don’t have time for simmering all day.
One of my children’s favorite things at the Chinese restaurant is fried, so I tweaked a few recipes I found on the web and came up with this, I hope you try it and enjoy it because it tastes really good!
Also, last night was the first night, I used this, it was GREAT and it created storage, without additional dishes, I highly recommend it
Don’t Forget To Pin—
Instant Pot-Homemade Chinese Food-Chicken Fried Rice
There is nothing like homemade Chicken Fried Rice, this is a great copycat of a local Chinese Food restaurant. My kids love it! Family Favorite and Kid-Friendly.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Rice
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Chinese
- 1/2 pound of boneless chicken breasts, cut up into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons of garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of uncooked basmati rice
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth (or stock)–if you are making this vegetarian just substitute
- 1/2 cup of mixed frozen vegetables
- In the Instant Pot, put your olive oil in it, then hit the saute setting and let the oil heat up. Then brown your chicken on all sides. Be careful, not to let it burn. If you need to add water, to cook it, add a couple of tablespoons, just so it doesn’t stick.
- Remove when cooked, and place it on a plate.
- In your Instant Pot, place the oil, then press the saute setting. When the oil heats up, add the onion and garlic, saute for about 1 minute.
- Then add the egg, and scramble it for another minute.
- Add the rice, soy sauce, chicken broth and mix well.
- Set the rice option for 12 minutes, making sure that the vent is closed.
- When the rice is done, release the steam.
- Remove the lid, mix well, and then add the frozen vegetables and cooked chicken.
- Mix well and enjoy!
Keywords: nstant pot chicken fried rice with brown rice better than takeout chicken fried rice instant pot 20 minute instant pot chicken fried rice weight watchers instant pot chicken fried rice instant pot hibachi fried rice instant pot fried rice frozen vegetables indo chinese fried rice instant pot instant pot chicken fried rice youtube