Instant Pot Greek Lemon Rice is a great side dish, which goes with any meal, infused with lemon juice, basil, and lemon zest. It goes great with any seafood, beef, or chicken meal.
Growing up, I had many Greek friends, and I had the privilege of eating over their houses several times a week. And one of the staples was a bowl of rice.
But not just any rice, a rice that was infused with lemon, both juice, and zest, it was tender, and it was delicious.
I love rice. It’s a great recipe for the Instant Pot and only takes minutes to prepare, and the Instant Pot does the rest. If you are looking for a lot of rice recipes made for the Instant Pot, some of my favorites are , INSTANT POT CHICKEN FRIED RICE, INSTANT POT VEGETARIAN CHINESE FRIED RICE.
Greek Lemon Rice
Made with traditional ingredients of baked Greek Rice, the base of this dish is long-grain rice, which I sauteed in butter, giving the rice a nutty flavor, which is typical of Greek Rice dishes, which are typically sauteed in olive oil. Butter lends its hand, and it melts beautifully in the Instant Pot.
I added the long-grain rice and some lemon juice, which gives the rice many flavors during the pressure cooking. At the end of the cooking process, I added some fresh lemon zest and parsley, which really brought out the lemon flavor.
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Greek Lemon Rice
- Long-Grain Rice
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon Zest
- Chicken or Vegetable Broth
How To Make Instant Pot Greek Lemon Rice
Start by adding your butter into the Instant Pot.
Press the saute button. Once the butter starts to melt, add the rice. The butter will provide a nice nutty aroma to the kitchen.
Continue to saute the rice until the butter is completely melted and the rice has been coated.
It will have a nice shiny appearance.
Mix in the chicken broth (or stock), water, lemon juice, and salt. Mix well. Add your lid to the Instant Pot, making sure that the vent is in a sealing position.
Set the manual high pressure for 4 minutes. Let the pressure naturally decrease before you remove your lid. (Remember the lid should easily come off, never force a lid off any Pressure cooker or instant pot)For a better presentation, I added some lemon slices. Then added some diced parsley. Plate, serve and enjoy!
This is a really easy recipe to change up; here are some suggestions:
- Use brown rice, although the cooking time for the manual high pressure will need to be increased to 22 minutes.
- Use Orzo Rice; you will need to add 1/2 cup of water or chicken broth.
- For a vegetarian option, use vegetable broth.
How To Store Leftover Instant Pot Greek Lemon Rice
If you have any leftover rice, let it cool to room temperature, and then place it in an airtight container. Place the container into the refrigerator, where it will last for 2 to 3 days.
To reheat, add some vegetable or chicken broth and microwave until warmed.
What To Serve With Instant Pot Lemon Rice
This rice goes well with many dishes, including chicken, beef, seafood, steak, or a large Greek Salad.
It’s a great summer recipe since the lemon is refreshing, so serve it at your next Barbecue!
Some Other Instant Pot Rice Recipes-
Don’t Forget To Pin-
Instant Pot Greek Lemon Rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups white long-grain rice
- 14.5 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Start by adding your butter into the Instant Pot.
- Press the saute button.
- Once the butter starts to melt, add the rice. The butter will provide a nice nutty aroma to the kitchen.
- Continue to saute the rice until the butter is completely melted and the rice has been coated. It will have a nice shiny appearance.
- Mix in the chicken broth (or stock), water, lemon juice, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add your lid to the Instant Pot, making sure that the vent is in a sealing position.
- Set the manual high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Let the pressure naturally decrease before you remove your lid. (Remember the lid should easily come off, never force a lid off any Pressure cooker or instant pot)
- Transfer the rice to a serving dish.
- Garnish with lemon and parsley.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Instant Pot
- Ninja Foodi