Instant Pot Sweet Bell Pepper Couscous (Fiesta) is a great and flavorful dish. Made in the Instant Pot, this makes for a great and healthy side dish in minutes!
If you have never made Couscous in the Instant Pot, it is actually quite easy. Today, I added some diced sweet peppers to add even more flavor; my kids loved it.
I loved knowing that it’s a relatively healthy side dish, and there is nothing better to go with a chicken dish than a great side of rice.
If you are looking for more Instant Pot Rice Recipes, some of my favorites are INSTANT POT SPANISH RICE, INSTANT POT BASMATI RICE, INSTANT POT VEGETARIAN CHINESE FRIED RICE, and INSTANT POT CHICKEN FRIED RICE.
What is Couscous? Is couscous a grain or pasta?
If you have never had Couscous, it’s a tina pasta made from either wheat or barley. Although we cook it up like rice, it’s on the line, between pasta and rice. Found in American grocery stores near the rice.
There are two types of Couscous, there is pearl couscous, which is also known as Israeli Couscous, and there is the Couscous I used in this recipe which is also known as just Couscous.
Today, I added some flavor to the dish and added some sweet bell peppers, which added a lot of flavor to the dish and gave it some texture.
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Sweet Bell Pepper Couscous (Fiesta)
- Olive Oil
- Bay Leaves
- Sweet Bell Peppers
- Lemon Juice
How to Make Instant Pot Sweet Bell Pepper Couscous (Fiesta)
Start by placing the olive oil into the Instant Pot Bowl.
Press the saute button. Allow the olive oil to heat up for about 30 seconds.
Place the bay leaves in the Instant Pot bowl.
Then, place the diced onions. Saute for about 2-3 minutes until the onions are softened.
Then add the diced peppers and saute for about 3-4 minutes until softening.
Then add the water, couscous, and lemon juice. Mix well.
Set the manual high pressure for 2 minutes.
Allow a natural release. Never force the lid off the Instant Pot or any pressure cooker. Remove the lid and mix well when the lid is easily removable.
Some Tips For Making The Best Instant Pot Sweet Bell Pepper Couscous (Fiesta)
- To add even more flavor to this dish, add olive oil and toast the couscous before pressure cooking.
- You can also substitute tri-color couscous for some great colors.
- If you want to make this a vegan or vegetarian dish, change the chicken broth to vegetable broth.
- After the pressure cooking has been completed, mix with a fork.
How To Store Leftover Couscous
If you have any leftover couscous, let it cool to room temperature, and then place it into an airtight container. Place the container into the refrigerator, where it will last for 2 to 3 days.
To Reheat: add some water or broth to the couscous, which will help rehydrate it. Then heat in the microwave or a small skillet until warmed through.
Today I added some sweet bell peppers to this dish. You can really add anything that you love. Some of my favorites that work well:
- Feta Cheese
- Garbanzo Beans
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Sauteed Mushrooms & Onions
What To Serve This With?
This side dish goes with almost anything, from a simple piece of chicken to a great plate of ribs.
The flavor is great, and flavorful, so it pairs well with even a side salad.
Some Other Great Instant Pot Rice Recipes
- INSTANT POT HOMEMADE RICE PILAF
- INSTANT POT CILANTRO LIME WHITE RICE
- EASY INSTANT POT SPANISH RICE
- INSTANT POT GREEK LEMON RICE
- INSTANT POT BASMATI RICE
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Instant Pot Sweet Bell Pepper Couscous (Fiesta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bay leaves, whole
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Start by placing the olive oil into the Instant Pot Bowl.
- Press the saute button. Allow the olive oil to heat up for about 30 seconds.
- Place the bay leaves in the Instant Pot bowl.
- Then place the diced onions. Saute for about 2-3 minutes, just until the onions are softened.
- Add the diced peppers, saute for about 3-4 minutes, just until they are softened.
- Then add the water and couscous, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Set the manual high pressure for 2 minutes.
- Allow a natural release. Never force the lid off the Instant Pot or any pressure cooker. When the lid is easily removable, remove the lid, and mix well.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Instant Pot, or Ninja Foodi