Instant Pot Garlic Brown Rice is amazing and loaded with flavor. If you are looking for a great way to make delicious brown rice, this is one of my favorites.
There is nothing better than a dish of fluffy rice, and so easy to make in the Instant Pot, and within minutes, you can have a great side dish.
I love a great side dish of rice, and there is nothing easier than making it in the Instant Pot.
If you have not made rice in your Instant Pot, it’s amazing, and you don’t even need to watch the stove while it boils up. It’s a total hands-off side dish, and it’s amazing.
What Is Brown Rice?
The only difference between brown and white rice is in brown rice the hull is still pressent.
Becuae of the hull being still on the rice, brown rice needs a longer cooking time than white rice.
Which is why the Instant Pot is ideal for cooking it up!
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Garlic Brown Rice
- Brown Rice
- Olive Oil
- Water or Broth
- Minced Garlic
- Salt & Black Pepper
How To Make Instant Pot Garlic Brown Rice
Add the oil to your Instant Pot, and press the saute button. When the oil is hot (about 30 seconds), add the onion and saute for about 3 minutes, or until the onions are soft.
Then add the butter and rice, and mix, into the onions. You are basically cooking the rice to bring out the flavor. Saute for about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and vegetable broth, and mix well.
Add 22 minutes at high pressure to time. Make sure the vent is sealed and do a natural release.
Some Other Great Instant Pot Rice Dishes
- EASY INSTANT POT WILD RICE
Don’t Forget To Pin-
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 1 1/4 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Optional: Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the oil to your Instant Pot, and then press the saute button. When the oil is hot (about 30 seconds), add the onion, saute for about 4-5 minutes, or soften the onion.
- Then add the rice and butter and mix it all in; continue to saute, to toast the rice for about 5 minutes.
- Then add the water, garlic and mix well.
- Add the lid to your Instant Pot, and set the manual high pressure for 22 minutes. Make sure the lid is sealed. Do a natural release when the timer beeps.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g