Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
Now, I’m not a complicated gal. If you met me in real life, you would see that.
I’m working on a new title for my blog. But meanwhile, I’m a homeschool mom, that loves to cook.
I also have some VERY picky eaters in my house. So, my meals tend to be quick.
I would love to go back to the olden days, where I would cook all day and the kids would sit down and enjoy it. But, I don’t think I”m quite there yet!
Meanwhile, I have two Instant Pots, which I am having fun with!
I usually write one a day, so if you want to follow me, I’m at
If you have a request or want to share your recipe. I would love to hear from you!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cups of diced chicken breasts (cut into ½ inch pieces)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cups of frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons of garlic
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1½ cup of long grain rice
- 2 cups of chicken broth or stock
- First, cut your chicken into ½ inch pieces. Then season both sides of the chicken.
- Then pour the olive oil into your Instant Pot and press the saute button. Wait for a minute, until the oil is heated and then add your seasoned chicken.
- Saute the chicken, until it starts to change color, to show that it's cooking. It will not be cooked through. You are really just trying to get a nice outside on the chicken.
- Then add the onion and garlic, cooking for about 3-4 minutes, or until the onion shows that it's started to wilt.
- Add the chicken broth, peas, pepper and rice, mix well.
- Then add the lid to the Instant Pot.
- Set the time for 10 minutes on manual high pressure.
- Make sure the vent is sealed
- Let it naturally release,
- mix everything together and plate to serve.