Instant Pot Chicken and Rice is one of my favorite Instant Pot One-pot Meals. There is nothing better than a perfectly cooked and seasoned chicken and rice dish!
If you are like me and purchased your Instant Pot so you can produce healthy and delicious meals for your family, this will soon become a staple in your house.
Made with diced chicken breast, rice, and some healthy vegetables, this is a great and filling meal that the kids will love as much you!
If you are looking for some other Easy Instant Pot Meals, some of my favorites are INSTANT POT CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP, INSTANT POT KOREAN BEEF SHORT RIBS, NINJA FOODI SOUTHWESTERN CHILI, and INSTANT POT BACON CARBONARA.
Ingredients for Chicken and Rice:
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Breast
- Black Pepper
- Minced Garlic
- Green Bell Pepper
- Long-Grain Rice
- Chicken Broth Or Stock
For Detailed Directions and Ingredients, Scroll To The End For A Printable Recipe Card
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
First, cut your chicken into ½ inch pieces. Then season both sides of the chicken.
Then pour the olive oil into your Instant Pot and press the saute button. Wait for a minute until the oil is heated, and then add your chicken.
Saute the chicken until it starts to change color to show that it’s cooking. The chicken will not cook it through. You are really just trying to get a nice outside on the chicken.
Then add the onion and garlic, cooking for about 3-4 minutes, or until the onion shows that it’s started to wilt.
Add the chicken broth, peas, pepper, and rice mix well. Then add the lid to the Instant Pot, set the time for 10 minutes on manual high pressure, making sure that the vent is sealed.
Let it naturally release, mix everything, and plate to serve.
What Type of Chicken Can You Use?
While today, I used a simple boneless, skinless chicken breast, you can make this recipe with different cuts of chicken.
This recipe will work with either thigh meat or chicken tenders. I would recommend that you take the skin off for a healthier dish.
What Type of Rice Can You Use?
Today I used simple long-grain rice, but some other options that you can switch out are jasmine, basmati, or Texmati. The cooking time will remain the same.
If you wanted to use a brown rice alternative, the cooking time would need to be increased.
Tips for Using an Instant Pot:
- Make sure that your vent is sealed. Otherwise, you will end up with liquid on your ceilings.
- Stir the rice before you add the lid. Otherwise, you may get a BURN warning. Which means something is stuck to the bowl’s bottom.
- Never force a lid off a pressure cooker. The lid should come off easily.
- Be careful when you remove the lid, remember the contents are extremely hot.
Other Great Instant Pot Recipes:
Don’t Forget To Pin-
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cups of diced chicken breasts (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cups of frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons of garlic
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cup of long grain rice
- 2 cups of chicken broth or stock
- First, cut your chicken into 1/2 inch pieces. Then season both sides of the chicken.
- Then pour the olive oil into your Instant Pot and press the saute button. Wait for a minute until the oil is heated, and then add your seasoned chicken.
- Saute the chicken until it starts to change color to show that it’s cooking. It will not be cooked through. You are really just trying to get a nice outside on the chicken.
- Then add the onion and garlic, cooking for about 3-4 minutes, or until the onion shows that it’s started to wilt.
- Add the chicken broth, peas, pepper, and rice mix well.
- Then add the lid to the Instant Pot.
- Set the time for 10 minutes on manual high pressure.
- Make sure the vent is sealed.
- Let it naturally release, mix everything together, and plate to serve.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!