Instant Pot Egg Drop Soup — There is something about a fantastic soup, today I made this famous Chinese soup, and it’s so good! You will never guess that you only need a minute of cooking time! This is truly amazing!
The weather is getting to be like winter. It has been getting so chilly in Philadelphia, today I made my family some Instant Pot Egg Drop Soup, which is amazingly good.
If you are looking for a foolproof recipe for making egg drop soup in the Instant Pot, this is your recipe. It’s truly amazing.
This is one of my family’s favorite recipes in Chinese restaurants, absolutely delicious and amazingly easy to make in the Instant Pot. With a few steps and a few ingredients, you can have a great Copycat Recipe for Egg Drop Soup.
If you are looking for even more Instant Pot Soup Recipes, some of my favorites are INSTANT POT CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP, INSTANT POT FRENCH ONION SOUP, INSTANT POT CREAM OF BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP, and INSTANT POT BROCCOLI AND CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP.
Egg Drop Soup
Egg drop soup is one of the most popular soups at Chinese Food restaurants. It is also known as Egg Flower Soup.
Instant Pot Egg Drop Soup is a simple soup prepared with chicken broth and then infused with soy sauce, ginger paste, garlic powder, salt, and red pepper flakes. It is traditionally served with green onion or scallions.
It’s a light and flavorful soup, and it is so easy to prepare in the Instant Pot.
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Egg Drop Soup
- Chicken Broth (if you want a vegetarian option, change out to Vegegtetble Broth)
- Soy sauce
- Ginger paste
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Green onions
- Red pepper flakes
How To Make Instant Pot Egg Drop Soup
Add to your Instant Pot chicken broth, soy sauce, ginger paste, olive oil, garlic powder, and salt. Mix well. Add your Instant Pot Lid on and twist until sealed. Close the sealing valve to sealing. Set your Instant Pot to high pressure for one minute.
Once your Instant Pot is done, do a quick release by bringing the valve toward you to release the pressure. When the pressure has completely been released, open the lid. Stir the soup. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs.
While stirring your broth mixture in a circular motion, slowly pour in your whisk eggs. This will create the ribbon effect for your eggs in the egg drop soup. Stir in your sliced green onions.
Some Add-Ins and Variations:
- Corn: Add some canned or defrosted frozen corn, and stir in at the cooking process. After a couple of minutes, the corn will heat up.
- Vegetarian: To make this a vegetarian broth, use etiher vegetarian broth or stock.
- Double: This recipe can easily be doubled. The recipe will require the same cooking time.
Is Egg Drop Soup Healthy?
Yes, this soup is very healthy. It is low in calories and carbohydrates. This is a great way to make a KETO Friendly and low-carb soup.
If you are looking for a healthier option to make egg drop soup, you can substitute soy sauce for coconut aminos.
What Makes Egg Drop Soup Thick?
If you want to thicken your egg drop soup, make a cornstarch slurry.
To do this, add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and one tablespoon of water into a bowl, and then mix. And then mix into soup, mix until the soup, until it’s dissolved.
How Long Does Egg Drop Soup Last?
This soup will last for about 3 to 4 days when put into an airtight container and placed into the refrigerator.
You can reheat the soup n in the microwave or in a saucepan, or on the stove. Warm until the soup is heated up.
This soup does not freeze well, due the fact that there are eggs in the soup.
Is Egg Drop Soup KETO Friendly?
Yes, this is a very KETO friendly and low-carb soup, with very low carbs in the Egg Drop Soup, but very high in protein.
More Instant Pot Recipes:
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS USED IN MAKING THIS RECIPE-
Don’t Forget To Pin:
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 2 eggs
- 1 soy sauce
- 3 ginger paste
- 1/2 olive oil
- 1/2 garlic powder
- 1/2 salt
- 4 green onions (more or less if desired), sliced thinly
- 1/2 red pepper flakes
- Add to your Instant Pot chicken broth, soy sauce, ginger paste, olive oil, garlic powder, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add your Instant Pot Lid on and twist until sealed.
- Close the sealing valve to sealing. Set your Instant Pot to high pressure for one minute.
- Once your Instant Pot is done, do a quick release by bringing the valve toward you to release the pressure.
- When the pressure has completely been released, open the lid. Stir the soup.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs.
- While stirring your broth mixture in a circular motion, slowly pour in your whisk eggs. This will create the ribbon effect for your eggs in the egg drop soup.
- Stir in your sliced green onions.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 1256mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.