Instant Pot Egg Drop Soup — There is something about a fantastic soup, today I made this famous Chinese soup, and it’s so good! You will never guess that you only need a minute of cooking time! This is truly amazing!
The weather is getting to be like winter. It has been getting so chilly in Philadelphia, today I made my family some Instant Pot Egg Drop Soup, which is amazingly good.
If you are looking for a foolproof recipe for making egg drop soup in the Instant Pot, this is your recipe. It’s truly amazing.
This is one of my family’s favorite recipes in Chinese restaurants, absolutely delicious and amazingly easy to make in the Instant Pot. With a few steps and a few ingredients, you can have a great Copycat Recipe for Egg Drop Soup.
If you are looking for even more Instant Pot Soup Recipes, some of my favorites are INSTANT POT CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP, INSTANT POT FRENCH ONION SOUP, INSTANT POT CREAM OF BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP, and INSTANT POT BROCCOLI AND CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP.
Egg Drop Soup in Instant Pot
Egg drop soup is one of the most popular soups at Chinese Food restaurants. It is also known as Egg Flower Soup.
Instant Pot Egg Drop Soup is a simple soup prepared with chicken broth and then infused with soy sauce, ginger paste, garlic powder, salt, and red pepper flakes. It is traditionally served with green onion or scallions.
It’s a light and flavorful soup, and it is so easy to prepare in the Instant Pot.
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Egg Drop Soup
If you’ve been wanting to make egg drop soup, but don’t have all of the ingredients on hand, you’re in luck! This recipe for Instant Pot Egg Drop Soup uses mostly pantry staples, so it’s perfect for those days when you need a quick and easy meal. Plus, the Instant Pot makes this soup extra delicious. So if you’re looking for a delicious and easy weeknight dinner, give this recipe a try!
- Chicken Broth: If you want a vegan egg drop soup, use vegetable broth.
- Eggs: Use large, room temperature eggs
- Soy sauce: Look for low-sodium and gluten-free soy sauce.
- Ginger paste: You can either make a homemade version or use store-bought.
- Olive oil: Or use another high-heat oil, so the oil doesn’t smoke.
- Seasonings/Spices: Garlic powder, Salt, and Red Pepper Flakes
- Green onions: Use either only the green part, or use the entire stalk.
How To Make Instant Pot Egg Drop Soup
Looking for an easy and delicious Instant Pot soup recipe? Look no further than this egg drop soup recipe. It’s simple to make and perfect for a winter lunch or dinner. Plus, it reheats well so you can enjoy it all week long. Give this Instant Pot soup recipe a try today!
Add to your Instant Pot chicken broth, soy sauce, ginger paste, olive oil, garlic powder, and salt. Mix well. Add your Instant Pot Lid on and twist until sealed. Close the sealing valve to sealing. Set your Instant Pot to high pressure for one minute.
Once your Instant Pot is done, do a quick release by bringing the valve toward you to release the pressure. When the pressure has completely been released, open the lid. Stir the soup. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs.
While stirring your broth mixture in a circular motion, slowly pour in your whisk eggs. This will create the ribbon effect for your eggs in the egg drop soup. Stir in your sliced green onions.
- Corn: Add some canned or defrosted frozen corn, and stir in during the cooking process. After a couple of minutes, the corn will heat up.
- Vegetarian: To make this a vegetarian broth, use either vegetarian broth or stock.
- Double: This recipe can easily be doubled. The recipe will require the same cooking time.
Is Egg Drop Soup Healthy?
Yes, this soup is very healthy. It is low in calories and carbohydrates. This is a great way to make a KETO Friendly and low-carb soup.
If you are looking for a healthier option to make egg drop soup, you can substitute soy sauce for coconut aminos.
What Makes Egg Drop Soup Thick?
If you want to thicken your egg drop soup, make a cornstarch slurry.
To do this, add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and one tablespoon of water into a bowl, and then mix. And then mix into soup, mix until the soup, until it’s dissolved.
How Long Does Egg Drop Soup Last In The Fridge?
This soup will last for about 3 to 4 days when put into an airtight container and placed into the refrigerator.
How To Reheat Egg Drop Soup
You can reheat the soup n in the microwave or in a saucepan, or on the stove. Warm until the soup is heated up.
Can You Freeze Egg Drop Soup
Yes, If you are looking for a quick and easy soup recipe that you can make ahead of time and freeze? If so, then egg drop soup is the perfect option for you. This soup is simple to prepare and can be frozen for later use.
For successful freezing, do not add the eggs, before freezing. You will add them when you go to reheat the soup.
Is Egg Drop Soup KETO Friendly?
Yes, this is a very KETO friendly and low-carb soup, with very low carbs in the Egg Drop Soup, but very high in protein. Follow this recipe for an egg drop soup recipe keto!
Egg Flower Soup vs Egg Drop Soup
Have you ever wondered what the difference is between egg flower soup and egg drop soup? They are both soups made with eggs, after all.
Here are the main differences. First of all, egg flower soup generally contains mushrooms and ham or pork, while egg drop soup usually doesn’t have any meat in it. Secondly, egg flower soup is typically a little bit creamier than egg drop soup, because of the addition of milk or cream. Finally, the two soups have different textures; egg flower soup is more delicate due to its thinner consistency, while egg drop soup has a more robust flavor and a thicker texture.
More Instant Pot Recipes:
Love this recipe for Instant Pot Egg Drop Soup. If you have a Ninja Foodi, Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot, check out these recipes!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 2 eggs
- 1 soy sauce
- 3 ginger paste
- 1/2 olive oil
- 1/2 garlic powder
- 1/2 salt
- 4 green onions (more or less if desired), sliced thinly
- 1/2 red pepper flakes
- Add to your Instant Pot chicken broth, soy sauce, ginger paste, olive oil, garlic powder, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add your Instant Pot Lid on and twist until sealed.
- Close the sealing valve to sealing. Set your Instant Pot to high pressure for one minute.
- Once your Instant Pot is done, do a quick release by bringing the valve toward you to release the pressure.
- When the pressure has completely been released, open the lid. Stir the soup.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs.
- While stirring your broth mixture in a circular motion, slowly pour in your whisk eggs. This will create the ribbon effect for your eggs in the egg drop soup.
- Stir in your sliced green onions.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 1256mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.