Are you looking for a cheesy and savory dish that will impress family, friends, or guests? Look no further than this delicious Instant Pot queso!
This creamy and comforting dip can be served on any occasion or enjoyed as an appetizer with tortilla chips. With the help of your trusty pressure cooker and a few simple ingredients, you’ll have a scrumptious dip loaded with flavor in minutes. Take it from us: this recipe will quickly become a favorite among anyone who tries it!
This is a great party dip and perfect for Taco Tuesdays or Cinco de Mayo, and of course, with the Instant Pot, you will make a fantastic recipe in minutes; it’s one of the most delicious recipes out there for Instant Pot Cheese Dip!
What Is Queso
Queso is a melted cheese dip commonly found in Mexican and Tex-Mex cuisine. It is typically made with a blend of melted cheese, milk or cream, and various seasonings such as chili powder, cumin, or garlic powder.
Queso can be enjoyed as a dip for tortilla chips, a topping for tacos, burritos, nachos, or a sauce for various dishes. It is a popular and versatile condiment that adds flavor and richness to many dishes. There are many variations of queso, with some recipes adding additional ingredients such as diced tomatoes, green chilies, or jalapenos for extra flavor and heat.
The Best Instant Pot Queso Dip Recipe
Queso dip is a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer perfect for any occasion, whether it’s game day, a party, or just a casual night in. And when it comes to making queso, using an Instant Pot is a game-changer. With the help of the Instant Pot, you can make a creamy, flavorful, and perfectly melted queso dip in just a few minutes.
This recipe combines shredded cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes with green chilies, and a blend of seasonings to create a delicious and satisfying dip that will impress your guests. So let’s dive into the best Instant Pot queso dip recipe you can make in just minutes!
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Queso
If you’re in the mood for a delicious, gooey meal that will satisfy your cravings, Instant Pot Queso is the perfect dish! This cheesy and flavorful dip can be made quickly and easily in an Instant Pot. It takes simple ingredients, spices, or herbs to kick up the desired flavor. Now let’s explore which ingredients are necessary for making this tasty queso to have your taste buds saying wow!
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Ground Beef: You can use leaner options like chicken or turkey. You can also use Italian sausage for some added flavor. If you do use ground beef, make sure you use lean ground beef.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter for the best flavor.
- Onions: Use finely diced white onions, red onion, or yellow onions
- Jalapeno: Diced jalapenos, for spicer queso leave some jalapeno seeds
- Rotel Tomatoes: Use a can of Rotel, with green chiles, for added flavor.
- Shredded Cheese: Use shredded Fiesta blend Mexican cheese or grated cheese.
- Seasonings and Spices: Corn Starch, Garlic Powder, Chili Powder, Ground Cumin, Kosher Salt, and Black Pepper
How To Make Instant Pot Queso Recipe
Queso is a fan favorite! Whether hosting a party with friends or having a nice night, this cheesy dip is always welcome. With the Instant Pot, however, making queso has never been easier! In just minutes, you can have warm and creamy queso that tastes as if it comes straight from your favorite Mexican restaurant. Ready to learn how? Read on for an easy-to-follow recipe showing you how to make instant pot queso quickly!
Step One: Saute Your Meat
Set your Instant Pot to sauté mode. Once it is hot, add your meat to the bottom of the pot, and break it into small pieces. Continue to sauté until brown. Once done, drain and set the meat aside.
Step Two: Saute Your Onions
Again, using the sauté function, melt butter, then add in your onions. Continue to stir as they soften. Cook the onions for about 3-5 minutes until fully softened. Once the onions are done, add your jalapeños and cook for another minute. Add in the garlic, chili powder, and cumin. Stir all of the ingredients together for another 1-2 minutes.
Step Three: Add The Rest Of The Ingredients
Add the Rotel and salt, and black pepper. Pour in your milk and scrape the bottom of the pan to remove any residue from the meat or vegetables. This will add extra flavor to your queso. Return the meat to the pressure cooker. Keeping your instant pot on sauté mode, use the + button to increase your Instant Pot heat. Whisk well and allow it to boil.
Once it has reached a high boil, keep it there for one minute. Add in all your cheese, mix, and then place lid on the Instant Pot. Leave it for five minutes to melt.
Step Four: Serving
Remove the lid, transfer to your favorite serving bowl, serve with corn tortilla chips, and enjoy!
Queso is a cheese originating in Mexico and commonly used in Tex-Mex cuisine. Here are some ingredient notes on queso:
- Cheese: Queso can be made with various kinds of cheese, including Cheddar, Cream Cheese, Monterey Jack, and White American cheese. It is often a blend of two or more cheeses.
- Milk: Queso is typically made with milk or heavy cream, added to the cheese to create a smooth, creamy texture.
- Spices: Queso may be flavored with spices such as cumin, taco seasoning, chili powder, fresh cilantro, or paprika, which give it a distinct Tex-Mex flavor.
- Tomatoes: Some queso recipes call for adding diced tomatoes, which add a fresh, juicy texture to the cheese.
- Peppers: Jalapeno, green chilis, or other hot peppers may be added to queso to give it a spicy kick.
- Onions: Chopped onions can be added to queso for flavor and texture.
- Cornstarch: Some recipes call for adding cornstarch, which helps thicken the queso and prevent it from separating.
- Lemon or lime juice: A small amount of lemon or lime juice can be added to the queso to give it a tangy flavor.
- Garlic: Some queso recipes call for adding minced garlic, which adds a savory flavor to the cheese.
- Salsa: Queso can be mixed with salsa to create a flavorful dip perfect for crispy tortilla chips.
Pro Tips For Making Queso In Instant Pot
If you’re looking to make queso in your Instant Pot, here are some pro tips to help you get the perfect result:
- Use the sauté function: Start by using the sauté function to melt the cheese and other ingredients together. This will allow you to control the temperature and prevent the cheese from burning.
- Use evaporated milk: Evaporated milk is an excellent choice for making queso in the Instant Pot, as it provides a creamy texture without separating or curdling. You can also use regular milk, but it may not be as smooth.
- Use a blend of cheeses: A blend of cheeses will give your queso a more complex flavor. Cheddar, Monterey Jack, and queso blanco are popular choices.
- Add spices: Don’t be afraid to add spices to your queso to give it more flavor. Cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and paprika are all great options.
- Add liquid slowly: To prevent the queso from becoming too runny when adding liquid to the cheese mixture. Add more liquid as needed until you reach the desired consistency.
- Stir regularly: Stir the queso regularly while cooking to ensure it’s melting evenly and prevent it from burning.
- Serve immediately: Queso is best served immediately while still warm and creamy. You can reheat it in the Instant Pot on the sauté function if it cools and solidifies.
What To Serve With Instant Pot Queso
Instant Pot queso is a versatile dip served with various foods. Here are some ideas:
- Tortilla chips: The classic accompaniment to queso, tortilla chips are perfect for dipping. Serve with corn tortillas or your favorite tortilla chips.
- Vegetables: Sliced vegetables such as carrots, black beans, celery, bell peppers, and cucumbers are a healthier option that adds some crunch to the dip.
- Bread: Cut up a baguette or some crusty bread into bite-sized pieces for dipping.
- Nachos: Use the queso as a topping for a plate of nachos, along with other toppings such as beans, meat, guacamole, and salsa.
- Tacos or burritos: Use the queso as a topping or dip for tacos or burritos.
- Baked potatoes: Spoon some queso over a baked potato for a creamy and cheesy topping.
- Quesadillas: Spread some queso inside a quesadilla for an extra cheesy treat, and add a scoop of sour cream right before serving.
- Breakfast foods: Serve queso with scrambled eggs, burritos, or sandwiches for a savory morning meal.
How To Store Leftover Queso
If you have leftover queso, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Here’s how to store it:
Storing: Let the queso cool to room temperature before storing it. Transfer the queso to an airtight container. Glass containers or plastic containers with tight-fitting lids work well.Place the container in the refrigerator and make sure it’s not placed in the door, as it can experience temperature fluctuations.
Reheating: To reheat the queso, transfer it to a microwave-safe bowl and heat it in the microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until it’s heated through. If the queso becomes too thick or solidifies in the refrigerator, you can add a little bit of milk or water to thin it out before reheating. Note that queso may thicken and become grainy when reheated, so it’s best to only heat up the amount that you plan to consume.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of cheese is best for making queso in the Instant Pot?
A blend of cheeses works well, such as cheddar, Monterey Jack, and queso blanco. You can also use other cheeses like pepper jack, mozzarella, or even cream cheese.
Can I use regular milk instead of evaporated milk in queso made in the Instant Pot?
Yes, you can use regular milk, but evaporated milk is a better option as it provides a creamier texture and won’t separate or curdle.
How long should I cook queso in the Instant Pot?
Queso only needs to be cooked for a few minutes in the Instant Pot, usually around 5-10 minutes on the sauté function.
Can I make queso in advance and reheat it in the Instant Pot?
Yes, you can make queso in advance and reheat it in the Instant Pot on the sauté function. Be sure to stir it regularly while reheating to prevent burning.
Can I add meat or vegetables to the queso in the Instant Pot?
Yes, you can add cooked meat or vegetables to the queso after it’s been melted together. Be sure to stir them in well and adjust the seasoning as needed.
How do I clean my Instant Pot after making queso?
Clean the Instant Pot with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Be sure to clean the sealing ring, lid, and any accessories used as well.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- INSTANT POT PASTA, FETA, AND TOMATOES
- NINJA FOODI CHICKEN PAD THAI
- INSTANT POT SHRIMP SCAMPI
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN PARMESAN
Instant Pot Queso
- 1 pound ground beef, lean
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1 large jalapeno, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 can Rotel
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups shredded cheese, Mexican Cheese Blend
- Set your Instant Pot to sauté mode. Once it is hot, add your meat to the bottom of the pot, and break it into small pieces. Continue to sauté until brown. Once done, drain and set the meat aside.
- Again, using the sauté function, melt butter, than add in your onions. Continue to stir as they soften. Cook the onions for about 3-5 minutes until fully softened. Once the onions are done, add your jalapeños and cook for another minute. Add in the garlic, chili powder, and cumin. Stir all of the ingredients together for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the Rotel and salt, and black pepper. Pour in your milk and scrape the bottom of the pan to remove any residue from the meat or vegetables. This will add extra flavor to your queso. Return the meat to the pressure cooker. Keeping your instant pot on sauté mode, use the + button to increase your Instant Pot heat. Whisk well and allow it to boil.
- Once it has reached a high boil, keep it there for one minute. Add in all your cheese, mix, and then place lid on the Instant Pot. Leave it for five minutes to melt.
- Remove the lid, transfer to your favorite serving bowl, serve with corn tortilla chips, and enjoy!
- Instant Pot, or Ninja Foodi