Ninja Foodi Spicy Sausage Queso Dip — Queso dip is always a hit at parties, and this Ninja Foodi spicy sausage queso dip is no exception! The combination of smoky sausage and cream cheese makes for a delicious and addictive appetizer. Plus, it’s easy to make in the Ninja Foodi – just toss everything in the pot and let it do its thing. So grab some chips and get ready to dig in!
Ninja Foodi Spicy Sausage Queso Dip – This is my mother-in-law’s recipe she was making it for years for all of the tailgating moments with the Cleveland Browns. I altered it to make in the Ninja Foodi, but you can make this in an Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker.
If you love a great and hearty dip, this is really a great recipe for you. It happens to be my kid’s favorite, so I made it for their half-day at school. What a lunch! This has everything you really want in a dip, ground sausages, melted cheese, diced tomatoes, and even some black beans, seasoned with garlic, onion, salt, and pepper. It’s a great and easy dish to prepare!
If you are looking for even more dips, here are some of my favorites,
- AIR FRYER SALSA
- AIR FRYER ARTICHOKE DIP
- INSTANT POT QUESO
- INSTANT POT COPYCAT OLIVE GARDEN SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
Ninja Foodi Spicy Sausage Queso Dip
A traditional Queso Dip is made with a blend of cow and goat’s milk. Today, we used Velveta, which I have never used until I purchased my first Instant Pot. It does amazing in the Instant Pot.
I also used a spicy sausage to give this dip some kick, the one I used was called Hot Sausage, but if you prefer a milder sausage, use that.
I also used Ro-tel, which is found in the canned tomatoes aisle or the Mexican food section in your grocery store if you are not familiar. Ro-tel comes in a number of different spices since I knew I was going for a spicy version, I went with a Fire-Roasted one.
Ingredients Needed For Ninja Foodi Spicy Sausage Queso Dip
- Pork Sausage
- Velveeta Cheese
- Black Beans
- Seasonings: Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt, and Black Pepper.
Here Is How To Make Ninja Foodi Spicy Sausage Queso Dip
Start by sauteeing the ground sausage, press the Saute button on the Ninja Foodi, and saute until browned.
Drain the black beans, and then pour them in. Add in the Ro-Tel, and Velveeta Cheese seasonings, and mix well. Place the pressure cooker lid on the Foodi, and set the manual high pressure for 5 minutes. (Make sure that the valve is closed)
Pro-Tips For Making Air Fryer Sausage Queso Dip
- Do not drain the Ro-Tel; the juicy really adds a lot of flavor to the dip.
- Add some of your favorite spices; I only used garlic and onion, salt, and pepper. But add some of your favorite spices.
- Add some hot sauce, especially if you love hot and spicy foods. A couple of tablespoons would make this amazing.
Can I Make This Recipe in the Slow Cooker?
Yes, I have been making this for years, in the slow cooker. Here are teh simple instruciotns:
- In a large skillet, brown your ground pork, then drain the meat
- Dice the Velvetta into cubes
- Add the cooked pork sausage, cubed Velvetta, Ro-tel, and spices to the crockpot
- Mix well
- Cover and set it to low, heat until the cheese has melted
- Mix well before serving
What Is Ro-Tel
One of the main ingredients in this dish is Ro-Tel, if you are not familiar with the product, it is a canned diced tomato, which includes diced green chiles. A few varieties of this product can be used for this dip.
- Original, which has diced tomatoes and zesty green chilies
- Mild, diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Hot–Diced tomatoes with habaneros
- Fire Roasted-Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
Can You Use Ground Beef In This Recipe
Yes, if you want to use ground beef instead of ground pork, that would work perfectly. Be sure to choose lean ground beef.
What To Serve With Sausage Cheese Dip
You can serve anything you want, some of my favorite things to serve with this dip:
- Tortilla Chips
- Broccoli or Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Homemade Tortilla Chips
- Zucchini Chips
If you want to make this ahead of time, it is very easy. Simply make this a few days in advance (for best results 2 or 3 days), and place it in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
To Reheat: Either heat up in the microwave or add it back to the Ninja Foodi, and use the saute function to reheat.
About The Ninja Foodi:
There are a lot of air fryers on the market. Today I used the Ninja Foodi, which is s combination of an air fryer and pressure cooker.
This recipe can easily be adapted to any air fryer or pressure cooker. For only a pressure cooker, add 5 minutes at manual high pressure.
For the Instant Pot lid, you can use the same instructions.
More Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes
- Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- Instant Pot Queso
- Instant Pot Copycat Olive Garden Spinach Artichoke Dip
Some Helpful Products Used In Making This Recipe-
Don’t Forget To Pin-
Ninja Foodi Spicy Sausage Queso Dip
- 16 ounces ground pork sausage
- 16 ounces Velveeta Cheese
- 15.5 ounces black beans
- 10 ounces Ro-Tel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by sauteeing the ground sausage, press the Saute button on the Ninja Foodi, and saute until browned.
- Drain the black beans, and then pour them in. Add in the Ro-Tel, and Velveeta Cheese seasonings, and mix well. Place the pressure cooker lid on the Foodi, and set the manual high pressure for 5 minutes. (Make sure that the valve is closed)
- Wait for the pressure to be fully released, open the lid, and stir.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Ninja Foodi