Air Fryer Homemade Doritos Chips — If you’re a fan of Doritos chips, you’ll love this easy air fryer recipe for homemade Doritos chips. They’re healthier than store-bought chips and just as delicious. Plus, you can make them any flavor you like! So get your air fryer out, and let’s get started.
Air Fryer Homemade Doritos Chips are genuinely excellent! If you or someone in your family loves a great big old bag of Doritos, this is the perfect recipe!
I love a great Air Fryer Hack, and this one is no different.
My son, Jason, is a HUGE fan of Doritos, and we happened to have run out, and I have been making my tortilla chips. So I had him google what is in the chips, we had all of the seasonings, so it seemed like a great project for him and me to do together!
They are so good, and you know what’s even better, they are so healthy! Ok, not that healthy, but healthy enough that you don’t feel like you have to hide the bag when you are done!
If you become chip obsessed like my family, here are some other great and easy Air Fryer Chip Recipes, AIR FRYER LOW-CARB (KETO) EVERYTHING BAGEL ZUCCHINI CHIPS, AIR FRYER SWEET POTATO CHIPS, AIR FRYER BEET CHIPS, and AIR FRYER PARMESAN DILL PICKLE CHIPS.
What Are Doritos?
Doritos are one of the most popular snacks in the United States. But what are Doritos? They’re a type of chip made from cornmeal, and they come in a variety of flavors, including Fritos Chili Cheese, Nacho Cheese, and Cool Ranch. Doritos are often eaten as part of a party mix or at sporting events. You can also find them in grocery stores and convenience stores across the country. So next time you’re looking for a tasty snack to enjoy, reach for a bag of Doritos!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Homemade Doritos Chips
- Corn or Flour Tortillas
- Ranch Seasoning
- Smoked Paprika
- Garlic Powder
- Granulated Sugar
- Onion Powder
How To Make Air Fryer Homemade Doritos Chips
Start by laying out your tortillas, brush them with vegetable oil, or spray them with cooking spray on both sides. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut them into wedges. Depending on the size of the tortillas, you can get 6 or 8 pieces for every one piece.
In a small bowl, mix the seasonings in a small bowl, mix well. Then toss the wedges into the seasoning mix, coating both sides. Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil, and then preheat the air fryer for about 2 to 3 minutes at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Set the tortillas in the air fryer for about 5 to 7 minutes. Flipping them halfway with a pair of tongs. Let cool slightly before removing them.
Some Pro Tips:
- Preheat for this recipe, the crust of the chip will become perfectly roasted. Follow the directions on your Air Fryer Model for how to preheat.
- Add as many seasonings as you to your chips, and I covered them all. You can vary the seasonings, like the Dorito Chip Flavor.
- If you find that your chips stick to the basket, place a piece of parchment paper down first, and then add your tortilla chips.
- This recipe will work with all air fryer models, including Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, and other air fryer baskets and oven models.
Baked Homemade Dorito Chips
If you do not have an air fryer or just want to make a huge batch, you can always make these in the oven.
The directions will remain the same, but you would place them into a preheated 350 degrees F oven and bake for about 7 to 10 minutes, flipping halfway during the cooking process.
How To Store:
These are a great and easy way to make homemade air fryer tortilla chips with some flavoring. They will keep it in an airtight container for about a week.
They are best kept at room temperature, and I would not recommend placing them in the refrigerator or freezer.
While these are so addicting on their own, they are excellent as a perfect snack or party appetizer, and it’s always great to serve with a dip. Some of my favorites are Homemade Nacho Cheese Sauce, Easy Sweet Chili Sauce, Classic Cheese Ball, Cranberry Cheese Ball, or my recipe for a simple but classical Guacamole.
Some other great recipes to serve are my famous Air Fryer Chicken Nachos, and Air Fryer Loaded BBQ Chicken Nachos.
More Air Fryer Snack Recipes:
- AIR FRYER GLUTEN-FREE TORTILLA CHIPS
- AIR FRYER, HOMEMADE BBQ POTATO CHIPS
- AIR FRYER RADISH CHIPS
- EASY AIR FRYER BANANA CHIP
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Homemade Doritos Chips
- 15 pieces corn or flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- 1 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Start by laying out your tortillas, brush them with vegetable oil, or spray them with cooking spray on both sides.
- Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut them into wedges. Depending on the size of the tortillas, you can get 6 or 8 pieces for every one piece.
- In a small bowl, mix the seasonings mix well.
- Then toss the wedges into the seasoning mix, coating both sides.
- Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil, and then preheat the air fryer for about 2 to 3 minutes at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Set the tortillas in the air fryer for about 5 to 7 minutes. Flipping them halfway with a pair of tongs. Let cool slightly before removing them.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer