Now that it is June, it’s summertime, and it is officially zucchini season, and I love zucchini. Zucchini is a great versatile vegetable that you can do almost anything to, and it usually tastes amazing. If you haven’t tried air-fried or grilled zucchini, you are so missing out. Zucchini is a great summer squash, it is extremely versatile and can be baked, fried, shredded, noodled.
Technically zucchini is a summer squash, it has origins all over the world, and likewise, zucchini is cooked differently in all parts of the world, from the Italian who serve it deep-fried, deep flower fritters to Turkey, where they make zucchini pancakes. It can be added to any recipe for a healthier spin on it.
When you are purchasing zucchini, here are some things to be on the lookout for:
- Zucchini should be about 6 inches long, one-two inches wide
- Firm and shiny skin without blemishes, look for an even green color throughout.
- Ideally, the steam should be attached.
- You are looking for a zucchini that is firm and feels rather heavy.
Keep in the refrigerator for about 4-5 days, longer than that the zucchini will start to wilt. Zucchini also can be frozen, in order to freeze, slice, then boil for about 2 minutes, then plunge into cold water. Then seal in an airtight container. Frozen zucchini can be kept for about one year.
How To Prepare Zucchini:
Always wash the zucchini before you are going to be preparing it. Cut off both ends of the squash, as both are stems, and not edible. Zucchini is usually not peeled. You can cut it into pieces, chunks, shred or prepare it for stuffing, just hollow out the zucchini and stuff it with all sorts of yummies.
Here are some other Zucchini Recipes,
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Instant Pot, Vortex Plus, Air Fryer, Omni
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Zucchini Chips
These make a great alternative to potato chips, with a few cuts and a few more steps you have a healthy alternative to snacking.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 9 minutes
- Total Time: 14 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dice the zucchini into about 1-inch pieces. Disposing of the ends.
- Start by mixing the bread crumbs, grated Parmesan cheese and dried oregano in a small bowl.
- Then coat the zucchini with olive oil, then dip it into the bread crumb mixture.
- As you coat them, place them on a greased air fryer basket or air fryer tray.
- Set them the basket or tray into the oven, and set the temperature for 350 degrees F, for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes, flip and add another 4 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer zucchini chips no breading air fryer zucchini chips keto air fryer zucchini chips vegan air fryer zucchini chips without breadcrumbs plain zucchini chips in air fryer air fryer zucchini no breading zucchini air fryer keto air fryer zucchini chips low carb