It is officially zucchini season, and I love zucchini. Zucchini is a great versatile vegetable that you can do almost anything to, and it usually tastes amazing. If you haven’t tried air-fried or grilled zucchini, you are so missing out.
Technically zucchini is a squash, it has origins all over the world, and likewise, zucchini is cooked differently in all parts of the world, from the Italian who serve it deep-fried, deep flower fritters to Turkey, where they make zucchini pancakes. It can be added to any recipe for a healthier spin on it.
When you are purchasing zucchini, here are some things to be on the lookout for:
- Zucchini should be about 6 inches long, one-two inches wide.
- Firm and shiny skin without blemishes
- Ideally, the steam should be attached.
Keep in the refrigerator for about 4-5 days, longer than that the zucchini will start to wilt. Zucchini also can be frozen, in order to freeze, slice, then boil for about 2 minutes, then plunge into cold water. Then seal in an airtight container. Frozen zucchini can be kept for about one year.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Air Fried, Zucchini Parmesan Crisps
This is such an easy appetizer or snack, or a great side dish that goes with any meal. It has a rich flavor and is really crispy. I serve mine with a sauce for the kids to dip it in, since all kids like to dip.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 2 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by slicing the zucchini into 1/4 inch slices.
- Pour the olive oil into a small bowl.
- Then pour the grated Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs into another both, season that mixture with salt and pepper.
- Spray your air fryer basket with olive oil spray, so the zucchini doesn’t stick to the basket.
- Dip the zucchini slices into the olive oil, then into the breadcrumb/panko/salt and pepper. As you coat them place them into the air fryer basket.
- Set the air fryer to 350 degrees F, for 8 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: healthy air fryer zucchini chips air fryer zucchini chips keto zucchini chips air fryer recipe air fryer zucchini chips no breading air fryer zucchini no breading zucchini air fryer keto plain zucchini chips in air fryer keto air fryer vegetables