Looking for a delicious and healthy way to enjoy your zucchini? Look no further than air fryer zucchini boats! This easy recipe is perfect for busy cooks and can be customized with your favorite toppings. So why wait? Give this tasty dish a try today!
This is one of my favorite air fryer zucchini recipes, and it’s so good; if you love zucchini, check out my recipe for air fryer zucchini fries, air fryer zucchini fritters, and air fryer zucchini brownies.
What Are Zucchini Boats?
Do you love zucchini boats? If you don’t know what they are, they are hollowed-out zucchini you fill with delicious things like cheese, sauce, and meat. They make the perfect light and healthy meal or appetizer. And now, you can make them in your air fryer with a few basic ingredients! Follow these easy steps, and a fantastic dish will be ready quickly.
They are low carb and a healthy air fryer recipe that the whole family will love; it’s a game changer. The air fryer is the best way to make this healthy dinner or a delicious meal. This will take your zucchini season to the next level with a variety of ingredients; you can make a different batch every night in new ways, with a handful of ingredients. After all, who doesn’t love air-fried veggies?
The Perfect Low-Carb Stuffed Zucchini Boats Recipe
Looking for a delicious, low-carb dinner or a simple side dish? Look no further than this perfect stuffed zucchini boat recipe! With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a tasty, healthy meal that everyone will love. This recipe is super easy to follow – perfect for busy cooks! Give this dish a try tonight – you won’t be disappointed. It only takes a couple of minutes to prepare.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Zucchini Boats
If you love zucchini boats, you will love this simple recipe. It’s a quick and easy way to make them, and the results are delicious. The best part is that you only need a few fresh ingredients. So read on for the recipe, then get started cooking!
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Chicken: Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, Cooked and Shredded
- Buffalo Sauce: Frank’s Red Hot Sauce or Sriracha sauce
- Butter: Unsalted, melted butter
- Zucchini: Choose three medium zucchini or four small zucchini.
- Seasonings: Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Kosher Salt, and Black Pepper
- Celery: Adds some crunch and a lot of flavors.
- Ranch Dressing: Optional, but a drizzle works well!
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Air Fryer: Use a Ninja Foodi or a basket Style, 6-quart air fryer basket model.
How To Make Zucchini Boats In Air Fryer
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious alternative to your regular weeknight meal, air fryer zucchini boats are the way to go! These tasty little vessels take just minutes of preparation time and give your dinner a little extra kick that will make it extraordinary. Utilizing the power of an Air Fryer, each boat is filled with gooey cheese and flavorful ingredients – all cooked to perfection in no time.
With simple instructions and minimal effort required on your part, this is sure to be a dish everyone in the family loves!
Step One: Prepare The Zucchini
Wash and dry the zucchini. Slice each zucchini in half lengthwise. Take a spoon and carefully hollow out the flesh of the zucchini. Sprinkle salt on top of the zucchini to remove excess moisture, and leave for a few minutes. Then use a paper towel or a clean kitchen towel to wipe the zucchini.
Step Two: Prepare The Filling For The Zucchini Boats
Combine the shredded chicken, hot sauce, and melted butter in a large bowl. Stir until combined and the chicken is coated in buffalo sauce. Add buffalo chicken to each zucchini boat.
Step Three: Air Fry Zucchini Boats
Place the zucchini boats into the air fryer basket, single layer. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F and cooking time for 8-10 minutes.
Step Four: Serving
Once it’s finished cooking, remove it from the air fryer and sprinkle the boats with blue cheese crumbles, chopped celery, and a drizzle of ranch dressing. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Tips On How To Cook Air Fryer Stuffed Zucchini
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy way to enjoy stuffed zucchini, look no further than your air fryer! This easy recipe is perfect for summer when zucchini is in season. Follow these tips to make the best air fryer stuffed zucchini.
- Zucchini Or Summer Squash: You can also use summer squash.
- Size: Look for equal size zucchini that are smaller and tender. They will cook more quickly than larger ones!
- Remove The Seeds: Use a spoon and hollow out the middle of the zucchini, leaving you with a great space to stuff your zucchini!
- Chicken: You can replace the chicken with ground beef, ground turkey, or even ground turkey.
- Crowding: For best results, do not crowd the basket of the air fryer. Leave enough room between your zucchini so the hot air can circulate freely around the zucchini. Depending on how large your air fryer is, you may need to cook in batches.
Variations On Zucchini Boast In Air Fryer
Looking for something new to stuff your zucchini boats with? Check out this list of delicious and easy-to-make fillings, perfect for air frying! There’s something here for everyone, from meats and cheeses to veggies and fruits. So get cooking and enjoy a healthy dish or delicious appetizer.
- Vegetarian Zucchini Boats: Add your favorite vegetables, such as diced tomatoes, peppers, onions, and maybe some cooked tofu. Serve with tomato sauce, sour cream, marinara sauce, or parmesan cheese.
- Mexican Zucchini Boats: Add some cooked taco meat, or cook ground beef with taco seasoning, cheddar cheese, and your favorite toppings!
- Breakfast Zucchini Boats: Add some cooked eggs, bacon, sausage, yellow bell pepper, and cheese.
- Air Fryer Zucchini Pizza Boats: Who doesn’t love pizza zucchini boats? Add some pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, and your favorite pizza toppings.
How To Serve
Naturally, gluten-free zucchini boats are an excellent alternative for a keto-friendly, low-carb snack, appetizer, or quick lunch.
You can serve these with a garden salad, a plate of rice or pasta, or even some tasty Air Fryer Garlic Bread!
How To Store
- Storing: Let cool to room temperature, then place into an airtight container. They will last in the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 days.
- Freezing: To Freeze Air Fryer Zucchini Boats Let the zucchini boats cool to room temperature and place them into a freezer-safe container or freezer bag. They will keep in the freezer for about one month.
- Reheating: When you want to serve your zucchini, place it in the refrigerator overnight, then reheat the zucchini boats in the air fryer. Heat until the zucchini boats are warmed through.
How To Make Ahead
You can easily make these ahead of time. Place them on a baking sheet, cover tightly, and refrigerate until it’s time to air fry them up. This makes for a perfect summer lunch or dinner! My kids love these, and there are so many toppings to make them kid-friendly!
More Air Fryer Zucchini Recipes:
If you’re like us, you went a little crazy buying zucchini at the farmer’s market last week. Here are three new air fryer recipes to help you use up your bounty!
Air Fryer Zucchini Brownies: These brownies are so good that no one will ever know they’re made with zucchini! Ready to try them for yourself?
Air Fryer Zucchini Pie: The air fryer is one of my favorite kitchen gadgets. I love that it cooks food quickly and with little mess. Today, I will show you how to make an air fryer zucchini pie. This is a great way to use up surplus zucchini from your garden and a healthy alternative to traditional pies. Let’s get started!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Zucchini Boats
- 3 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce, Frank's Red Hot
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- Wash and dry the zucchinis. Slice each zucchini in half lengthwise. Take a spoon and carefully hollow out each zucchini in half.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shredded chicken, hot sauce, and melted butter. Stir until combined and the chicken is coated in buffalo sauce. Add the buffalo chicken to each zucchini boat.
- Place the zucchini boats into the air fryer basket. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Once it’s finished cooking, take it out of the oven and sprinkle the boats with blue cheese crumbles, chopped celery, and a drizzle of ranch dressing.
- Air Fryer