Yummy! Air Fryer Pizza Zucchini Boats. Nothing like a great zucchini boast filled with pizza sauce and topped with lots and lots of cheese. This is a great low-carb and KETO friendly lunch or dinner.
As most of you know, I have been doing KETO this year, and while my kids were scarfing down pizza, I made this for myself for lunch.
Zucchini is one of the healthiest vegetables packed with vitamins and it is fairly low in calories and low carb.
There are so many different ways to prepare zucchini in the air fryer. Some of my favorites are:
How To Make Air Fryer Zucchini Pizza Boats:
This is a really easy recipe. You start off with cutting your zucchini in half and then using a spoon scoop out the middle. Then use a spoon and fill the cavity with pizza sauce. Then sprinkle some really great mozzarella cheese on top.
Air Fry them at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Tips for Zucchini Boats:
- Fill them out with some cooked sausage.
- The zucchini in this recipe can be switched out for any type of squash, including yellow squash or even eggplant.
Can You Freeze Zucchini Boats?
These unfortunately do not freeze well, because the zucchini gets very soggy when freezing.
Other Stuffed Zucchini Boats Ideas:
- Taco Zucchini Boats: Using ground beef, taco seasoning, and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Asian: Using ground chicken seasoned with Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and other great Asian spices.
- Vegetarian: Make a stuffed zucchini with rice, just like classic stuffed peppers.
Finally, set them into the air fryer at 350 degrees F, for 7 minutes.
Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Some Helpful Items Used In Making Air Fryer Zucchini Pizza Boats–
Don’t Forget To Pin–Print
Nothing like an easy zucchini pizza boat. Made in the air fryer this makes a great KETO friendly lunch and is very low carb.
- 3 zucchini
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (if doing low carb or KETO, make sure the pizza sauce is low carb)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut the zucchini in half.
- Then use a spoon and scoop out the center.
- Fill the cavity with low-carb pizza sauce.
- Then sprinkle some cheese on top.
- Finally, set them into the air fryer at 350 degrees F, for 7 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!