It is officially zucchini season, and I love zucchini. Zucchini is a great versatile vegetable that you can do almost anything to, and it usually tastes amazing. If you haven’t tried air-fried or grilled zucchini, you are so missing out.
Technically zucchini is a squash, it has origins all over the world, and likewise, zucchini is cooked differently in all parts of the world, from the Italian who serve it deep-fried, deep flower fritters to Turkey, where they make zucchini pancakes. It can be added to any recipe for a healthier spin on it.
When you are purchasing zucchini, here are some things to be on the lookout for:
- Zucchini should be about 6 inches long, one-two inches wide.
- Firm and shiny skin without blemishes
- Ideally, the steam should be attached.
To store zucchini:
Keep in the refrigerator for about 4-5 days, longer than that the zucchini will start to wilt. Zucchini also can be frozen, in order to freeze, slice, then boil for about 2 minutes, then plunge into cold water. Then seal in an airtight container. Frozen zucchini can be kept for about one year.
This is a recipe that my mother made when we were children, it was truly the only way, I would eat zucchini, I love it, it’s a wonderful childhood memory, that I was able to pass down to my own children. I hope you and yours enjoy it, as much as I did.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Best-Ever Grilled Zucchini
This is a really healthy and delicious way to get a roasted and grilled flavor on your zucchini without a lot of fat. Very healthy and easy.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Zucchini
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by cutting your zucchini into 1/4 to 1/3 -inch slices.
- In a small bowl, toss the zucchini with the olive oil, lemon zest, salt, and pepper, making sure to coat the zucchini.
- Then place them on the air fryer tray or basket,
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes, flip the zucchini over and air fry for another 5 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer zucchini no breading healthy air fryer zucchini chips zucchini air fryer keto zucchini chips air fryer recipe air fryer zucchini vegan air fryer zucchini chips no breading how to air fry zucchini without breadcrumbs air fryer zucchini chips vegan