Air Fryer Zucchini Bacon Cheddar Scones — If you’re craving a warm breakfast but want to avoid turning on the oven, these zucchini bacon cheddar scones are for you. They’re made in an air fryer and require minimal prep time- just a little chopping and stirring! You can customize them with your favorite ingredients too.
Air Fryer Zucchini Bacon Cheddar Scones are so amazingly delicious. If you love a savory scone, this is so your recipe. Made with freshly grated zucchini, diced bacon, and cheddar cheese, it’s the perfect treat.
If you love bacon, zucchini, and shredded cheese, this is a great recipe. Made in the air fryer, it’s a perfect scone. You can either have it for a breakfast treat or as a healthy snack. I love making healthy recipes in the air fryer! And of course, I truly love a great scone!
If you have missed my other scone varieties cause I’m such a girl who loves an excellent morning scone, try my Air Fryer Cherry Scone, Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Scone, or even my Air Fryer Blueberry Scone.
What Are Savory Scones?
Savory scones are a delicious breakfast or brunch option that you can serve with a variety of toppings. They’re surprisingly simple to make, and they can be prepared in advance for an easy morning meal.
Savory scones are basically the same as regular scones, but instead of sweet ingredients, they have tasty options like bacon, cheese, onions, garlic, and more. Today, I made a simple recipe for Zucchini Bacon Cheddar Scones.
Air Fryer Zucchini Bacon Cheddar Scones
Zucchini, bacon, and cheddar cheese are three ingredients that pair perfectly together. In this recipe, they come together to make tasty scones with a crisp exterior and a moist interior. These scones can be adapted to be gluten-free for those who cannot eat wheat flour! Try these out for breakfast or tea time today!
The first thing you’ll notice about these scones is the beautiful golden color of their crumbly exterior. The next thing you’ll probably notice is the delicious combination of zucchini, bacon, and cheddar cheese.
A perfect and delicious balanced for a great breakfast, snack, or side dish! Thanks to the air fryer!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Zucchini Bacon Cheddar Scones:
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Cooked Bacon
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
How To Make Air Fryer Zucchini Bacon Cheddar Scones
In a large mixing bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder.
Add in the diced cold butter, and mix well. Then add the buttermilk and eggs.
Fold in the diced bacon, zucchini, and shredded cheese, and mix well.
Grease your scone pan and then fill the dough into the pan, pushing it into the corners. Set the pan into the air fryer for 320 degrees F, air fryer setting for 12-14 minutes.
Note: The exact time is used for a guide. The actual time will depend on the air fryer model and wattage you own. Make sure they are fully cooked before you pop them out.
- The key to a great and flaky scone is not to overmix the dough. Once everything is well-incorporated, stop mixing.
- Keep the butter cold, and then add to the mixer. The texture will be much better than using melted or room temperature butter.
- Grate the zucchini with a hand grater, and then you need to really place the zucchini on paper towels and drain it by pressing it hard. There is a lot of moisture in the zucchini, and removing most of it is essential to get a great Zucchini Scone.
How To Store Zucchini Scones:
The best way to store uneaten scones after baking is to wrap them up with saran wrap and store them in either the pantry or refrigerator.
To Freeze Unbaked Scones: Cut them into wedges, wrap up the individual scones tightly, and then place them into the freezer. Then to make them in the air fryer from frozen, add about four more minutes as the time in the bottom recipe.
Freezing Cooked Scones: If you freeze after air frying, just let the scones come to room temperature, and then place in an airtight container or wrap them in saran wrap. They will stay in the freezer for about one month. To use, remove it from the freezer and place it in the refrigerator or leave it on the counter to come to room temperature.
What Scone Pans To Use In The Air Fryer:
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
This scone pan will fit most air fryer ovens,
This scone pan will fit any air fryer since you can cut it to fit.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- AIR FRYER LATKES
- AIR FRYER TWICE BAKED SWEET POTATOES
- EASY AIR FRYER SMASH CAKE
- AIR FRYER LOADED POTATO CHIPS
- AIR FRYER MAPLE BACON DIP
- EASY AIR FRYER PERUVIAN LOMO SALTADO
Air Fryer Zucchini Bacon Cheddar Scones
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten free all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and diced
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 6 slices cooked bacon, diced
- 1 1/2 cup grated zucchini, drained
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add in the diced cold butter, and mix well. Then add the buttermilk and eggs.
- Fold in the diced bacon, zucchini, and shredded cheese, and mix well.
- Grease your scone pan and then fill the dough into the pan, pushing it into the corners. Set the pan into the air fryer for 320 degrees F, air fryer setting for 12-14 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Note: The exact time is used for a guide. The actual time will depend on the air fryer model and wattage you own. Make sure they are fully cooked before you pop them out. If they are raw, continue to bake until they are fully cooked. If you find that the top is browning, add a piece of foil (tightly wrapped around your scone pan)
- Air Fryer
- Scone Pan