Air Fryer Peach and Cream Scones — If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make breakfast or brunch item, look no further than peaches and cream scones! This recipe is perfect for cooks of all levels, and it yields a delicious result that will have your guests coming back for more. So what are you waiting for? Try out this fantastic recipe today!
There are very few things that make my mouth water as much as the thought of a freshly baked scone. I’m not sure what it is about them, but they taste so darn good. And with summer peaches in season, there’s no excuse not to make these air fryer peach and cream scones!
These scones are light, fluffy, and full of juicy peach flavor. The cream adds a delicious richness that takes them over the top. Plus, they’re effortless to make – all you need is a bowl and a spoon! Give them a try this weekend – I promise you won’t be disappointed. 🙂
What Are Scones?
Scones are a type of pastry popular in the United Kingdom and Ireland. They are made with flour, baking powder, salt, butter, and milk or cream. Scones can be sweet or savory, and they are often served with butter or jam. This recipe is about making a batch of the best air fryer peaches and cream scones. These scones are fluffy and flavorful, and they are perfect for breakfast or brunch.
What Are Peach and Cream Scones?
Summertime is peach season! Get your fill of juicy, sweet peaches with these delicious Air Fryer peach and cream scones. These are the perfect breakfast or snack for a hot summer day! Sliced peaches are mixed into a creamy dough and air fried until golden brown. Serve them with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar for the perfect finishing touch.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Peach and Cream Scones
- All-Purpose Flour: You can use all-purpose gluten-free flour if you want to make this gluten-free.
- Granulated Sugar: If you want to use a sugar substitute, like Splenda, use the same quantity.
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda: Puffs up your scone and makes them tender and flaky.
- Butter: The key to a great scone is cold butter, diced into pieces.
- Buttermilk: You can make a homemade batch by using this recipe.
- Fresh Peaches: You can use fresh, frozen, or even canned peaches.
- Seasonings/Spices: Salt, Ground Cinnamon, Almond Extract
How To Make Air Fryer Peach and Cream Scones
Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
Cut cold butter into small chunks (½ tablespoon-size pieces) and add to the dry ingredients. Use a pastry blender or two forks to cut the butter into the flour mixture until the butter is broken down into pea-size pieces.
Add buttermilk and almond extract and stir to combine into a rough mixture. Add the chopped peaches into the scone mixture and gently stir in without squishing the peaches. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide in half. Form each dough half into a circle and pat out until it is no more than ¾” thick.
Score the dough lightly into wedges and lift carefully into the greased basket of the air fryer. Cook in the air fryer at 350°F for 15 minutes or until the scone is cooked all the way through. Whisk together glaze ingredients, adjusting the amount of cream until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle glaze over scones and allow to set.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
How To Tell When Scones Are Done?
Scone will be deep golden brown on top, but it is essential to make sure the bottom of the scone is cooked through. If needed, cut through the scone on the scored wedge sections, separate slightly, and continue cooking in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes longer until the scone is cooked in the center.
How To Shape Scones?
Likewise, it is essential that the scone rounds are not too thick – be sure they are no more than ¾” thick.
Do I Need To Preheat?
The air fryer does not need to be pre-heated; you may need to adjust cook time depending on the wattage of the air fryer.
Why Use Buttermilk In Scones?
The buttermilk adds a fantastic depth of flavor and moisture to these scones. You can also use milk. They are crispy and slightly flakey on the top of the air fryer and dense and moist on the inside.
Can I Use Frozen Fruit in Scones?
Fresh peaches add quite a bit of moisture. Rinse and allow peaches to dry before cutting; remove excess moisture or juice before adding to the scone dough. I did not peel the peaches, but you can if you wish.
You can substitute frozen peaches for fresh peaches. Be sure they are thawed entirely, and any extra juice is drained before adding to the scones.
Why Use Almond Extract?
Almond extract is a fantastic complement to peaches. If you do not like almond extract, leave it out of the scones and the glaze.
Can I Use A Scone Pan In The Air Fryer?
You can also use a scone pan, I used this pan, when I first purchased my air fryer and then cut it with scissors to fit into the air fryer basket.
You can also drop the scone dough in scoops to make individual round scones.
Do I Need To Use Parchment Paper For Making Air Fryer Scones?
Do not use parchment paper under the scone, even though this may seem easier for transferring into the air fryer. The scone is thick and needs the air swirling from underneath to make sure the scone cooks all the way through.
How To Store
Let your Air Fryer Peach and Cream Scones cool to room temperature, and then place them into an airtight container or Ziploc Bag. They will keep well at from temperature for about 2 to 3 days. You can freeze them any longer, and they will last for about a month.
More Air Fryer Scone Recipes
Looking for even more inspiration for making scones in your air fryer, here are some of my favorite Air Fryer Scone Recipes:
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON RAISIN SCONES
- AIR FRYER RED VELVET SCONES
- EASY AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY SCONES
- AIR FRYER APPLE CHEDDAR BACON SCONES
- AIR FRYER GLAZED PUMPKIN SCONES
- EASY AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI BACON CHEDDAR SCONES
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Peach and Cream Scones
Peach and Cream Scones:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, unsalted and cold
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups peaches, chopped
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Cut cold butter into small chunks (½ tablespoon-size pieces) and add to the dry ingredients. Use a pastry blender or two forks to cut the butter into the flour mixture until the butter is broken down into pea-size pieces.
- Add buttermilk and almond extract and stir to combine into a rough mixture. Add the chopped peaches into the scone mixture and gently stir in without squishing the peaches. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide in half. Form each dough half into a circle and pat out until it is no more than ¾” thick.
- Score the dough lightly into wedges and lift carefully into the greased basket of the air fryer. Cook in the air fryer at 350°F for 15 minutes or until the scone is cooked all the way through.
- Whisk together glaze ingredients, adjusting the amount of cream until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle glaze over scones and allow to set.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer