Are you a fan of vanilla bean scones from Starbucks? I am and I love that they offer them on their menu. However, sometimes I don’t want to leave the house to get one and that’s where my air fryer comes in handy. Today, I’m going to show you how to make air fryer copycat Starbucks vanilla bean scones. They’re so easy to make and they taste just like the real thing!
As any Starbucks addict knows, a trip to the coffee giant isn’t complete without a delicious vanilla bean scone. But what if you don’t have time to go (or the money)? Fear not, because today I’m going to teach you how to make air fryer copycat Starbucks vanilla bean scones that are just as good—if not better! Trust me, these babies are downright addictive. So let’s get started!
What Are Starbucks Vanilla Bean Scones
The Starbucks Vanilla Bean Scones are a sweet and creamy treat, made with vanilla bean paste and topped with vanilla icing. These scones have a light and fluffy texture, complementing the rich flavors of vanilla perfectly.
These scones pair well with coffee or tea, making them the perfect addition to your morning routine. Additionally, the vanilla flavor makes them a tasty and unique dessert option.
Whether you enjoy them as a breakfast or an after-dinner treat, the Starbucks Vanilla Bean Scones are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Next time you visit Starbucks, be sure to give these scones a try!
Why Make Sconce In The Air Fryer
The air fryer is a popular kitchen appliance known for its ability to produce crispy, fried foods with little to no oil. But did you know that the air fryer can also be used to make scones?
Using an air fryer to make scones offers several benefits. It frees up space on the stove or in the oven, allowing for the simultaneous cooking of other dishes. It also cuts down on prep and clean-up time since the scones can be cooked directly in the air fryer basket, without the need for additional baking pans.
The air fryer’s circulating hot air creates a crisp outer crust on the scones while keeping them fluffy and moist on the inside. Plus, using an air fryer instead of traditional frying methods can result in a healthier scone with less fat and calories.
So next time you’re craving scones, consider giving your air fryer a try! You might just be surprised at the delicious results.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Copycat Starbucks Vanilla Bean Scones
Starbucks copycat vanilla bean scones are the perfect breakfast pastry. These light and fluffy scones are made with simple ingredients and can be baked in an air fryer. Enjoy a warm and delicious scone with your morning coffee!
- Flour: Use regular, all-purpose flour. For a gluten-free version, you can use gluten-free all-purpose flour.
- Sugar: Use regular white granulated sugar
- Baking Powder: This will help the scones come out airy and fluffy.
- Salt: Use kosher salt for some flavor.
- Butter: Use cold or frozen unsalted butter, diced
- Heavy Whipping Cream: Adds depth to the flavor.
- Extract: For the best flavor use pure vanilla extract
How To Make Starbucks Vanilla Bean Scones In The Air Fryer
In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well. Add in the cold diced butter and use a pastry cutter or fork to incorporate it into the dry mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
In a separate small bowl, mix together the vanilla and heavy cream. Pour this mixture into the dry mixture and stir until just combined – do not overmix.
Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and shape it into a circle, about 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 8 equal triangles and place on a lightly greased air fryer tray or basket.
Set the air fryer to 330 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 10-12 minutes, until the scones are golden brown.
Then make the icing and drizzle on top.
Tips For Baking Scones
Scones are one of my favorite baked goods. They’re simple to make and always taste delicious. If you’re looking for some tips on how to make the perfect scones, read on! I’ll share some of my favorite tips with you.
1. Make sure to use cold butter when making the dough for the scones. This helps create flaky layers in the finished product.
2. Use heavy cream or buttermilk for added richness and tenderness in the scone texture.
3. Avoid overworking the dough, which can result in tough scones. Gently shape the dough into a round before cutting it into triangles or using cookie cutters.
4. Brush the top of your scones with heavy cream or beaten egg before baking for a beautiful golden brown color on top.
5. Serve scones warm, right out of the oven, with butter, jam, and/or clotted cream for the ultimate indulgence.
How To Store Baked Scones
Once your scones have cooled completely, store them in an airtight container at room temperature. They will stay fresh for up to three days. You can also freeze them for up to three months. To thaw, simply leave them out on the counter for a few hours or heat them in the microwave for a few seconds before enjoying them. Enjoy your freshly baked scones anytime!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER SWEET POTATO HOME FRIES
- AIR FRYER GREEK POTATOES
- THAWED CHICKEN WINGS IN AN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER BREAKFAST EGG TARTS
- AIR FRYER BUFFALO CHICKEN WONTONS
Air Fryer Copycat Starbucks Vanilla Bean Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cold and unsalted, diced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well. Add in the cold diced butter and use a pastry cutter or fork to incorporate it into the dry mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the vanilla and heavy cream. Pour this mixture into the dry mixture and stir until just combined – do not overmix.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and shape it into a circle, about 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 8 equal triangles and place on a lightly greased air fryer tray or basket.
- Set the air fryer to 330 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 10-12 minutes, until the scones are golden brown.
- Then make the icing and drizzle on top.
- Air Fryer
- Scone Pan, optional