Looking for a healthy side dish to serve up at your next dinner party? Skip the oven and try making sweet potato home fries in your air fryer! Air frying is a great way to cook food without using a lot of oil, and it results in crispy, delicious fries every time. So grab your air fryer and follow these easy steps to make some sweet potato home fries!
I love sweet potatoes. I especially love them when they are cooked into home fries. I have tried cooking them in the oven and on the stovetop, but it never turns out quite right. Then I discovered the air fryer and now my sweet potato home fries are always perfect! If you are looking for an easy and delicious way to cook your sweet potatoes, give this recipe a try!
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Home Fries
These crispy, tasty Air Fryer Sweet Potato Home Fries are a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional fried potato home fries. The air fryer cooks them to perfection in just a few minutes, making for a quick and easy side dish or snack.
Ingredients Needed For Sweet Potato Home Fries
There’s nothing quite like a batch of crispy, golden sweet potato home fries. And they’re simple to make, too – all you need are some basic ingredients and a little bit of time in the kitchen. So if you’re looking for a delicious side dish to serve up at your next dinner party, check out this recipe for sweet potato home fries. You won’t be disappointed!
- Sweet Potatoes: Choose firm sweet potatoes, and scrub them, before dicing them.
- Oil: Use any high-heat oil, such as olive oil, grapeseed oil, avocado oil, or coconut oil.
- Seasonings and Spices: Chili Powder, Parsley, Kosher Salt, Garlic Powder, Oregano, Black Pepper, and Ground Cinnamon.
How To Cook Sweet Potato Home Fries In Air Fryer
Step One: Start by washing and peeling the sweet potato and cutting it into fry-sized slices.
Step Two: Lightly spray or brush the air fryer basket with olive oil.
Step Three: In a large bowl, add the diced sweet potatoes, oil, and seasoning, and toss to coat.
Step Four: Place the diced sweet potatoes in the air fryer basket in a single layer, making sure not to overcrowd them.
Step Five: Set the air fryer to 400 degrees and cook for about 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking time.
Step Six: Serve hot as a side dish or snack! Optional: add a dipping sauce such as ranch or BBQ for extra flavor. Enjoy!
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fried Sweet Potato Home Fries
As the weather starts to cool down, we all begin to crave hearty comfort foods. But who says you can’t enjoy your favorite comfort foods in a healthier way? This week, we’re sharing our pro tips for making the best air fried sweet potato home fries! So break out your air fryer and get ready to enjoy some delicious fries
- Choose sweet potatoes that are firm and not too large for optimal frying.
- Peel the sweet potatoes before cutting them into fries for a crispier texture.
- To add extra flavor, toss the sweet potato fries with your favorite spices or seasoning blends before air frying.
- Cook the fries in batches to ensure they crisp up evenly without overcrowding the air fryer basket.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce or as a tasty addition to breakfast, lunch, or dinner plates.
What do I serve with breakfast sweet potatoes?
Some options to serve with breakfast sweet potatoes include scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, avocado slices, and a side of fruit. Another delicious option is to top the sweet potatoes with shredded cheese, diced onions, and peppers, and serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt or sour cream. For a more savory option, topping with cooked ground beef or turkey and diced tomatoes create a twist on traditional breakfast tacos. Ultimately, the options are endless – get creative and experiment with different flavor combinations! Happy cooking!
How To Store
To store cooked home fries, let them cool completely before placing them in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. Keep them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days
How To Reheat Home Fries In Air Fryer
First, preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, spread out your home fries in a single layer on the air fryer basket. Cook for 5-7 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking time.
Enjoy hot and crispy home fries as a side dish or topping to your favorite meal! Keep in mind that the cooking time may vary depending on the number of fries being reheated. Adjust accordingly and make sure to check for desired crispiness before serving. Happy eating!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER GREEK POTATOES
- THAWED CHICKEN WINGS IN AN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER BREAKFAST EGG TARTS
- AIR FRYER BUFFALO CHICKEN WONTONS
- CAN SILICONE MOLDS REALLY BE USED IN AN AIR FRYER?
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Home Fries
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt,
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano,
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon.
- Start by washing and peeling the sweet potato and cutting it into fry-sized slices.
- Lightly spray or brush the air fryer basket with olive oil.
- n a large bowl, add the diced sweet potatoes, oil, and seasoning, and toss to coat.
- Place the diced sweet potatoes in the air fryer basket in a single layer, making sure not to overcrowd them.
- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees and cook for about 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking time.
- Serve hot as a side dish or snack! Optional: add a dipping sauce such as ranch or BBQ for extra flavor. Enjoy!
- Air Fryer