Air Fryer Sweet Potato Nachos — Love sweet potatoes? Love nachos? Then this air fryer recipe is for you! Satisfy your cravings with irresistibly crunchy and delicious sweet potato wedges paired with all the classic nacho fixings.
Dive into a world of flavor where salty, spicy, and creamy combine perfectly to give you the ultimate guilt-free snack experience. This easy-to-make air fryer dish offers a healthier alternative to traditional deep-fried nachos – no greasy splatters or added fats here! Ready to kick off game day with something that’ll score big points over on a taste bud touchdown? Keep reading and get ready to add this amazing recipe to your meal plan lineup.
What Are Sweet Potato Nachos
Sweet potato nachos are a healthier alternative to traditional nachos made with tortilla chips. Instead of using tortilla chips, thinly sliced sweet potatoes are used as the base. The sweet potatoes are roasted until they are crispy and golden brown, then topped with various toppings such as black beans, corn, avocado, cheese, and salsa.
Sweet potato nachos are a tasty and nutritious snack or meal option that is packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They can be customized to suit individual preferences and dietary restrictions, such as vegan or gluten-free.
Why You Will Love These Sweet Potato Nachos
- Healthy alternative: Sweet potato nachos are healthier than traditional nachos made with tortilla chips. They contain nutrients such as vitamins A and C, fiber, and antioxidants.
- Delicious flavor: Sweet potatoes have a naturally sweet and savory flavor that pairs well with savory toppings such as black beans, cheese, and salsa. The combination of flavors creates a delicious and satisfying taste.
- Customizable: Sweet potato nachos are customizable, so you can adjust the toppings to suit your preferences. Add your favorite vegetables, meats, or spices to create a unique flavor profile.
- Easy to make: Sweet potato nachos are easy to make, requiring only a few simple steps. Slice the sweet potatoes, roast them in the oven, and add your favorite toppings.
- Suitable for various dietary needs: Sweet potato nachos are suitable for various dietary needs, such as vegan, gluten-free, or paleo. You can easily modify the toppings to fit your dietary restrictions.
Overall, sweet potato nachos are a delicious and healthy snack or meal option that you can enjoy any time of the day.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chip Nachos
If you want to switch up your typical nacho night by adding a delicious and healthy spin, then air fryer sweet potato chip nachos are the perfect recipe!
A great combination of salty and sweet flavors, along with some crunch, these sweet potato chip nachos will surely be a hit with kids and adults alike.
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Frozen Sweet Potato Waffle Fries, any brand will work.
- Mini Marshmallows: Or use regular, cut in smaller pieces.
- Butter: Use unsalted
- Brown Sugar: Light or Dark brown sugar.
- Walnuts: Or diced pecans
- Maple Syrup
How To Make Sweet Potato Nachos In Air Fryer
If you want to upgrade your game day snacks, look no further than sweet potato nachos! This healthy take on a classic appetizer is packed with flavor and can be made quickly in an air fryer—perfect for any party or gathering.
Not only are these tasty little morsels sure to please both adults and kids alike, but they’re also a great way to fit some extra veggies into your diet in a fun and delicious way. In this post, we’ll walk you through the easy steps of making sweet potato nachos using an air fryer so you can get cooking right away!
Step One: Prepare The Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F for 3-5 minutes
Step Two: Air Fry Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
Add ½ the bag of waffle fries to the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes. Stop to shake the basket halfway through cooking to help evenly fry the fries. Remove the cooked fries and set aside. Repeat with the remaining ½ bag of fries.
Step Three: Add Your Toppings
Top waffle fries with ½ of the marshmallows. Add the other half of the waffle fries to the air fryer basket and sprinkle with the remaining marshmallows.
Step Four: Add The Glaze
Melt butter and combine with brown sugar and maple syrup. Drizzle over the fries, then sprinkle with walnuts. Place back into the air fryer at 400* for 2 minutes.
Step Five: Serving
Dump sweet potato casserole nachos from the air fryer basket into a large serving platter. Add more marshmallows if desired, and enjoy!
Pro Tips For Sweet Potato Nachos In Air Fryer
Here are some pro tips for making sweet potato nachos in an air fryer:
- Use thinly sliced sweet potatoes: The thinner the sweet potato slices, the crispier the nachos will be. Use a mandoline or a sharp knife to slice the sweet potatoes into thin rounds if you don’t want to use frozen waffle fries.
- Cook in batches: To ensure that the sweet potato slices cook evenly, it’s best to cook them in batches. Overcrowding the air fryer basket can lead to uneven cooking and soggy nachos.
- Check frequently: Keep a close eye on the sweet potato fries as they cook in the air fryer, as cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the slices and the type of air fryer you’re using. Check them frequently and flip them over halfway through cooking to ensure they cook evenly.
- Add toppings after air frying: Once the sweet potato slices are done cooking, transfer them to a plate or bowl and add your favorite toppings, such as black beans, corn, cheese, and salsa. You can also garnish with fresh herbs or squeeze lime juice for extra flavor.
- Experiment with seasonings: Sweet potato nachos are versatile and can be seasoned in many different ways. Add your favorite spices, such as chili powder, cumin, or paprika, to the sweet potato slices before air frying for a tasty twist.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are sweet potato nachos healthy?
Yes, sweet potato nachos are a healthy alternative to traditional nachos made with tortilla chips. Sweet potatoes contain nutrients like vitamins A and C, fiber, and antioxidants.
Can sweet potato nachos be made in advance?
You can prepare the sweet potato slices and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to air fry. Once the sweet potato slices are air-fried, you can add the toppings before serving.
How do I prevent the sweet potato slices from sticking to the air fryer basket?
To prevent the sweet potato slices from sticking to the air fryer basket, toss them in a little bit of oil before air frying. You can also spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray or use parchment paper to line the basket.
Can I make sweet potato nachos in the oven?
Yes, you can make sweet potato nachos in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and roast the sweet potato slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for about 20-25 minutes or until crispy. Add the toppings and return the baking sheet to the oven for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Can I make sweet potato nachos with cheese?
Yes, you can make sweet potato nachos with cheese by adding the cheese or using a vegan cheese substitute.
How long do sweet potato nachos last?
Sweet potato nachos are best enjoyed fresh, but you can store any leftover sweet potato slices and toppings separately in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Reheat the sweet potato slices in the air fryer or oven before adding the toppings.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Crispy Bacon
- Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
Air Fryer Used: Instant Pot Vortex 5.7QT Large Air Fryer Oven Combo, Customizable Smart Cooking Programs, Digital Touchscreen, Nonstick, and Dishwasher-Safe Basket, Includes Free App with over 1900 Recipes
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Nachos
- 1 bag sweet potato waffle fries, frozen
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts, crushed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat the air fryer to 400* for 5 minutes.
- Add ½ the bag of waffle fries to the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes. Stop to shake the basket halfway through cooking to help evenly fry the fries. Remove the cooked fries and set aside. Repeat with the remaining ½ bag of fries.
- Top waffle fries with ½ of the marshmallows. Add the other half of the waffle fries to the air fryer basket and sprinkle with the remaining marshmallows.
- Melt butter and combine with brown sugar and maple syrup. Drizzle over the fries, then sprinkle with walnuts.
- Place back into the air fryer at 400* for 2 minutes.
- Dump sweet potato casserole nachos from the air fryer basket into a large serving platter. Add more marshmallows if desired, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer