Air fryer sweet potatoes with sage brown butter are one dish that makes your mouth water just by thinking about it.
These sweet, juicy slices of roasted potato are cooked in the air fryer to bring out their flavors and sweetness, then topped with a delicious sage-infused butter sauce for an irresistible flavor combination. Not only are these air fryer sweet potatoes easy to make, but each bite is bursting with savory herby notes from the sage and nutty richness from the browned butter – you won’t be able to stop at just one!
Looking for a delicious side dish to change up your dinner routine? Air fryer sweet potatoes with sage brown butter are the perfect dish: it’s easy to make, super flavorful, and nutritious. This air fryer side combines crispy on the outside and soft on the inside baked sweet potatoes with savory nutty flavors of brown butter and fresh fragrant notes of sage that will tantalize your taste buds. Plus, making this dish in an air fryer makes it quick and easy! Read on to learn how to make this amazingly tasty vegan-friendly side dish!
What Are Sweet Potatoes WIth Sage Brown Butter?
Sweet potatoes are a delicious and nutritious food that has been enjoyed by people around the world for centuries. They’re full of nutrients like vitamin A and fiber and can be cooked in many different ways, including baking, roasting, mashing, and even frying!
One of the most popular ways to prepare sweet potatoes is with sage brown butter or sweet potatoes with sage and browned butter. This dish is very easy to make, and it’s absolutely delicious. It works well as a side dish for any meal, but it also makes a great weekday dinner because it only takes about 30 minutes to prepare!
Ingredients Needed For Sweet Potatoes With Sage Brown Butter
When you think of Thanksgiving and the traditional side dishes that often accompany the occasion, sweet potatoes with sage brown butter are often one of those tried-and-true classics.
- Sweet Potatoes: Peeled and cubed
- Sage: Fresh Sage is best, although dried will work as well.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter
- Seasonings and Spices: Salt and black pepper
How To Make Sweet Potatoes With Sage Brown Butter In Air Fryer
Sage brown butter is a beautiful way to make your sweet potatoes more flavorful and delicious! This air fryer recipe will show you how quick and easy it is to make. Whether baking in the oven or using an electric air fryer like our top-rated appliance, this recipe will help you get dinner on the table in no time.
Step One: Wash, peel, and dry the sweet potatoes, cutting them into 1/2-inch cubes.
Step Two: In a large bowl, add the sweet potato cubes, salt, and black pepper. Toss with olive oil, and make sure all of your potatoes are coated.
Step Three: Add your sweet potatoes to the air fryer basket. Set the temperature to 400 degrees f and the cooking time to 12-14 minutes. Shake the basket frequently as the sweet potatoes cook up, and remove when fork tender.
Step Four: While the sweet potatoes are air frying, add the butter to a small skillet and fold the sage leaves. Saute for a few minutes until the butter turns brown; remember to mix while the butter is cooking. Remove from heat; when the butter turns brown, set aside.
Step Five: Toss the sweet potatoes, brown butter, and sage in a large bowl. Serve with fresh sage leaves.
- Timing: Cooking sweet potatoes in an air fryer can be a guessing game, but with careful attention, you’ll get it just right. Since every air fryer cooks somewhat differently, it’s essential to watch your sweet potatoes as they cook up and remove them when they are fork-tender.
- Shaking: for best results, ensure you shake your sweet potatoes frequently as they cook up. This way, they are evenly cooked.
- Crowding: For best results, do not crowd your sweet potatoes. Leave plenty of room around the cubes. This will enable the hot air to circulate freely around the sweet potatoes, giving you crispy edges while keeping inside moist and delish!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Brown Butter
Brown butter is a cooking technique that transforms regular butter into something special. To make brown butter, simply melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. As the butter melts and simmers, it will turn golden brown as it cooks. You’ll know when your brown butter is ready because its color will deepen and smell nutty.
Brown butter is most commonly used in recipes, especially those that require butter in their ingredients list. Because of its rich flavor and nutty aroma, brown butter offers a great way to add layers of complexity to your dishes. It can also be used as a finishing sauce for many types of meat or fish.
Where Do You Purchase Sage
Looking to purchase sage for your grocery store or home cooking needs? There are a variety of places you can buy sage, including grocery stores like Aldi and Trader Joe’s, as well as online retailers like Amazon.
It’s generally found in the produce department, at your local grocery store, or in the herb section. It is usually packaged in small plastic containers.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER GREEK CHICKEN THIGHS
- AIR FRYER ZAATAR ZUCCHINI
- GREAT VALUE FROZEN FRENCH TOAST STICKS IN AN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER TERIYAKI SALMON
- AIR FRYER PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CRESCENT ROLLS
The sweet potatoes came out tender and creamy, with a crispy skin. The sage brown butter added a delicious depth of flavor that took these Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes to the next level. If you’re looking for an easy side dish to make in your air fryer, give this recipe a try!
Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes With Sage Brown Butter
- 2 medium sweet potaotes
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 10-12 fresh sage leaves
- Wash, peel, and dry the sweet potatoes, cutting them into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, add the sweet potato cubes, oil, and seasonings. Toss with olive oil, and make sure all of your potatoes are coated.
- Add your sweet potatoes to the air fryer basket. Set the temperature to 400 degrees f and the cooking time to 12-14 minutes. Shake the basket frequently as the sweet potatoes cook up, and remove when fork tender.
- While the sweet potatoes are air frying, add the butter to a small skillet and fold the sage leaves. Saute for a few minutes until the butter turns brown; remember to mix while the butter is cooking. Remove from heat; when the butter turns brown, set aside.
- Toss the sweet potatoes, brown butter, and sage in a large bowl. Serve with fresh sage leaves.
- Air Fryer